Post your space station MEGATHREAD

My newly launched current station is rather limited. I haven't brought up the expendable drop-tank rack for Mun-missions or the large tanks for on-orbit refueling yet.

0fulMJi.jpg

That's my Delta Clipper-style SSTO docked on the "top" side.

A pair of robotic tugs are parked on the ends of the power trusses.

Edited by RoboRay

Just finished my Mun station, KerbLab Two, a sort of Skylab analogue of sorts.

I'm planning on using it as a small crew storage and rendezvous point for crew transfers. I'm slowly working on a base on the surface. The object will be to launch crew to the station, THEN have a sort of orbital "bus" come and get the crew and take them back to a station in LKO, which will then have a small, cheap vessel that can de-orbit itself and parachute to the surface.

I know it seems like a lot, but I figure if I'm going to play with actual cost/force limitations on myself (or try to), then it would be cheaper to keep a high-capacity bus in orbit than to launch a separate mission every time. I also plan to have a bit of fueling and such that the bus can carry, so it'll really be a multi-purpose type thing. Anyhow, here's my kinda boring station with two recently decoupled orbital tugs:

o6LvKTo.png

I have three at the moment, partly born of experiments. I make heavy use of Fustek parts in an attempt to keep part count down ( and use it all up with solar panels, usually... ).

Low Kerbin station ( 90km ), fairly heavily used at the moment.

8673282660_9668fb117c_c.jpg

8673283882_a61312f9bd_c.jpg

Canadarm module ( which has lost it's docking port somewhere ), fuel pack, orbital crew transfer shuttle, docking size adapter ( I seem to have lost the tug it's meant to be attached to ) and inevitable spaceplanes docked.

--

Top Kerbin station ( 205km ), assembly area and launchpad for future missions. Once usable part count goes up, anyway, right now it's just about usable for fuelling.

8672177855_f045152f2c_c.jpg

8673279834_cc79443377_c.jpg

Local tug, more Canadarm modules, solar arrays, couple of fuel tanks and a xenon tank pile docked. And of course a spaceplane.

Mun station. To service Mun, obviously, not that I've done anything with it at all yet.

8672178759_3f6d04ae15_c.jpg

The arm thing under the solar arrays is a micro docking truss for probes/satellites.

So far my largest station is my Mun station. It currently has holding tanks for Kethane, and is my current testing platform for all Kethane-related activities, such as tanker designs, etc.

UsBFSwg.png

Yes, it's missing a Gigantor panel due to a stage-separation accident en-route. :)

This same design is in use around Kerbin (100km LKO, equatorial) and around Duna (same thing as Kerbin). Currently, those two stations are just refueling depots and have orange tanks docked.

My current WIP space station. One thing that I am a little proud of is that I got both of the solar arrays up in a single launch. The garbage scow looking ships are a couple of docking practice craft. Last count has 10 or 11 Kerbals, with my my homeboy Dilrod commanding the mission. Still playing with ideas of making it reconfigurable into a starship.

n7qOu5h.jpg?1

I'ts still a work in progress. I only added the heatshield for the aerobrake at Laythe. Quite an expencive addition for something we dont actually need(47tonnes) but I cant wait to see it hit at 8kmps!!

laythe_mothership.jpg

Here's one of my stations. This one's Gateway Station, my primary LKO refueling depot:

eXyQst6.jpg

This design is a 300-ton station launched in a single lift, not assembled in orbit. Here's a picture of its launch, using an asparagus stack of 3.75m rockets (KW Rocketry):

5rQfsl1.jpg

And here's one of my earlier spaceplane designs refueling at the station:

v5EIsQo.jpg

Each station gets its own unique name; at the moment, I've got three of them in Kerbin orbit (Gateway, Farpoint, and Crystal Palace), but the goal is to put at least one around Eve, one at Duna, and at least one at Jool (probably one over Laythe, and one in a high Jool orbit). Those pictures are a couple months old, but I've only made small changes to the design since then. It's designed to be the core of a modular structure, with lots of 2.5m docking ports (CBM mod) where I can attach additional components. Once the 0.20 resource system goes in, I'll attach refining modules for the various resources to stations around each planet, so the Eve station will be capable of refining the resources found on Eve and Gilly, and so on. The part count is high enough that docking gets a bit tricky, but it's not slideshow-level lag. And the station has integral high-efficiency engines (hybrid ions), so it can drive itself to other planets

Basically my refuelling centre in LKO. It's basically two of my Heavy Mining rigs (the faulty ones lol) that I have used to moving fuel around. They can even land on moons to grab the fuel (when I remember to include the Kethane tanks that is lol.

7W4CseI.jpg

big laggy station:

rSJQR.png

LHQoF.jpg

ZsOwh.png

Originally was going to put it in orbit around jool but it's too big and flies like crap. It's a Kerbin fuel depot resort.

smaller tanker ship:

0CBzeJJ.png

wURnA4x.png

1XFNIuI.png

for all purposes this works better but obviously carries less fuel. Still plenty to put it orbit around jool or duna then derp around with a small SSTO craft.

Edited by automcdonough

Sky Can I

screenshot41.png

All stock, assembled in orbit with docking ports. All launches, rendezvous, and dockings flown manually. Currently has two tankers docked at one end and a crew vehicle at the other.

And with all that extra battery power, I like to keep the lights on.

screenshot40.png