Post your space station MEGATHREAD

The Kerpler (all puns intended) Science Station! Crew capacity of 36, dedicated spaceplane (not my design) and its own station tug (my design), this private facility undertakes any space-bound science project you care to pay for! [1308 parts means I get a blazing 1 fps when this is loaded!]

001.jpg

---

The Kerpak fuel depot. Publicly-available for any Kerbal with his own private spacecraft! Has currently served 0 customers.

Depot001.jpg

Edited by MyASASisOnFire

My low Kerbin orbit fuel depot, Gateway Station:

a7sC84z.png

That's my SSTO spaceplane parked on one of the upper ports. The station's pretty laggy, 735 parts, but it was just playable enough for me to dock. Since it's got 600 tons of fuel, plus a hundred tons of miscellanea, I only rarely need to send up fuel bunkers from Kerbin to refill it.

Realistically, I prefer more mobile depots, though. It's not technically a station, as it's designed to land on airless moons to refill its tanks with an onboard Kethane refinery, but my 300-ton Valdez-class mobile refineries act as stations in practice. The one shown here, at Laythe, won't leave to refuel (at either Pol or Vall) until it's nearly empty, and it's got enough fuel to refuel a dozen or so spaceplanes:

yGayJ4T.png

(I've got a smaller 50-ton refinery vessel I use for emergency rescues.)

Completed OPSEK with one of my two planned Soyuz-TMAs docked.

screenshot498_zps8e127063.png

Salyut-5 with Soyuz 14 Docked.

screenshot489_zps6c48930e.png

Salyut-3

screenshot503_zps117d6fe0.png

I have made all Salyuts but 6 and 7 as well as Mir. I plan to soon start launching my next generation of refueling stations, the Toplivo series (Russian for "fuel"), which will orbit around Kerbin at 71 km, 100 km, 150 km, Geosynch, and hopefully two around the Mun to refuel and service missions to and from both Interlunar and Interplanetary space.

• 1 month later...