Post your space station MEGATHREAD

The Zacapa XXIII station used for research and kerbal orbital housing while waiting for their ships. Jeb has his own private apartments in the solar in the control mast (the one with the solar panels).

uMAF1Ntl.png

• 3 months later...

ugQ9ihw.png

It's a space station!

HOldX1M.png

It's a lander!

lubUGFE.png

It's an intraplanetary explorer!

2wjL94M.png

It's a Kethane refinery!

Probably my most successful work as of yet.

#EDIT: I should stick to lower part counts more often...

Edited by Whackjob

These are my two main stations that I made for 0.21; Omicron kmro which orbits kerbin and omicron dmro which orbits duna.

Omicron-KMRO

AqX53qO.jpg

Omicron-DMRO

3dmPCNn.jpg

The MRO stands for microgravity research orbiter.

Hello everybody, here's my first legitimate launched space station on Kerbin's orbit. Also, a similar one is on a Munar orbit :)

KJCIww8.jpg

So, when I said legitimate, I meant when I was just a baby on KSP, and I wanted to put a space station in orbit. So, through cheats, I managed to get a station into Kerbin's orbit. Sadly for it's lifetime, I decided to terminate it, so with Whack A Kerbal, I destroyed it's bottom, making the whole station go boom... Mostly. This is one of its remnants that are now in Kerbin's orbit.

NcfxDYX.jpg

No worries people, I take care of my Kerbals, so I'm keeping tabs on my habitation modules that made it out along with a spacecraft that came in with the station (through cheats >.>), sadly cannot take them home. First time docking, and it's a real pain :P

Yzkj6TU.jpg

I hope when I learn how to rendezvous and docking properly, I could make better stations. Hell, maybe even make an interplanetary mission for once!

Here's my fledgling station in LMO. I intend to expand one side into a Kethane storage/refinery and the other side into a berthing area for arriving/departing spaceplanes and rockets. The left side PVs were attached first, the right side second - I unfortunately timed it so the right side went on during the dark period of orbit, and me being me, forgot to include some lights to see what the hell I was doing. Pucker factor was high, and were it not for NavyFish's docking assist, there would have been billions of bits of PV array floating around the Mun.

IAc2Z2S.jpg

Edited by Milkshakefiend

Here's my newly completed Grand Karmony Station. Currently a research station and refueling hub it holds over 3000L of monopropellant and can fill over 6 rockomax orange tanks. Normally staffed by 10 station crew, 10 visiting scientists and has sleeping accomodations for 4 guests on layover to the munar station. Negotiations are underway to expand the habitat arm for space tourism.

C44136E5ED6433229AF4F040CF58CFB67A9BA196

Since the station doesn't move the solar tower rotates to track the sun.

The main fuel tank is isolated to protect the station in the event of a mishap.

3CE609DBA0657AABB595C8E55773931287CB6509

The entire station is about 110 pieces so the framerate stays pretty good The centeral core and axial arms are 24 of those pieces and the removable radial arms make up the rest. If I want to update one of the arms I dock a tug and remove it then plug in a replacment. If I want to add features like ISA mapsat, lazor, or kethane I've got multiple unused docking ports intended for that. If a future update brings incompatability I can remove just the module that carries that addon and i don't lose the entire station.

Mods used are Fustek Station parts expansion http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35043-0-21-FusTek-Station-Parts-Expansion-%28R0-03-4a%29

and B9 Areospace in the core http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25241-0-21-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R3-3-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures

The solar arm uses a 2.5m rotatron from Infernal Robotics http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-8

The spherical tank is from Talsar http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30673-0-21-x-Spherical-Fuel-Tanks-Pack-%28Updated-08-29-13%29

The habitat domes are from the HAB/HUB by zzz http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/43840-Hab-Hub-%28and-other-strange-things%29

Bolse Munar Research Station, contains a crew of five, each get their own hitchhiker container. It is equipped with a science lab, numerous batteries and large solar arrays to power them, and four greenhouses to provide supplemental food and oxygen. It also has an escape vessel constantly standing by to return the crew to Kerbin, if necessary.

2013-09-01_00001_zps8a374ca9.jpg

2013-09-01_00002_zpse9d55d37.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So here's SkyCan II, my second station. Since getting the sections to Mun orbit is not as easy as getting SkyCan I into Kerbin orbit, I decided to scale back the size. Have a few more sections to deliver, but this is what's up there right now.

Main Docking Junction Attached

screenshot68.png

SkyCan II With Main Docking Junction

screenshot72.png

Delivering Solar Array Mast

screenshot79.png

Solar Array Mast Attached

screenshot83.png

Heavy Lift IA Departing

screenshot87.png

SkyCan II With Solar Array Mast

screenshot88.png

Still to do:

Scientific Instruments Mast, 2 Automated Fuel Tankers, 2 Crew Transfer Vehicles, Full Crew of 6 Kerbals

My first (and the only so far) space station. I planned to use it as fuel storage for some reusable crafts and as relay for kerbonauts waiting for shuttle back to Kerbin.

But I didn't actually need it, so I occasionally added some modules, but it mostly hangs there all alone with just two kerbonauts (who are also forgotten on the station).

1376232301159.jpg

KSP conducted two more successful deliveries of station sections to Sky Can II, consisting of the Scientific Instruments Mast (SciMast) and an Automated Fuel Tanker Mk I (AFV Mk I, my smaller fuel tanker). I may send up one more Crew Transfer Vehicle to fully populate it, but if I can't get the persistence file to transfer, I may just leave it be and start the latest version fresh (I was waiting for some mods to update, but it looks like one may be abandoned).

Heavy Lift IA delivering SciMast to SkyCan II

screenshot95.png

Heavy Lift IA Departing

screenshot97.png

SciMast attached, with instruments activating

screenshot98.png

Tomford inspecting SciMast instruments

screenshot104.png

AFV Mk I on approach to SkyCan II

screenshot101.png

AFV Mk I docked with SkyCan II

screenshot103.png

here we can see my first space station in a beautifil LKO around 98-100 km in this photo wee see the last crew ever docked with the station

Y2s5z1G.png

the last crew departs and the station stays empty, but still operable

b3RWKCv.png

shortly after that the station got deorbited and re-entered kerbin's atmosphere

X1OQvCI.jpg

BOOM!...oh crap i already miss it :C

hV19Dw1.jpg

right now i started a mun station, its very huge, at least for my standards and just received it first crew! for the moment i don`t have pics but i will post it here quickly

Edited by thunderstar

rBw0swr.jpg

My LKO all purpose station. Refueling, crew transfer and long term docking accommodations for reusable spacecraft. On the right, the kerbin orbital tug, capable of pushing pretty much anything to either the mun or minmas. To the left of that a VTOL crew transport, both Mun and Minmus capable, room for four passengers plus flight crew.

Here it is picking up some stranded bros on the mun.

5OQFOnm.png

I deorbited the whole mess prior to the release of the current version of ksp, the lag was driving me up the wall. It's a shame as I really liked the dynamic of the operation, but docking is slow enough as it is.

Skyhome Ten - In service

ksp-130910-sh10-01.jpg

Skyhome 9 - Deorbited

ksp-130815-skyhome9-01.jpg

Skyhome 7 - In service - high inclination orbit

The original solar panels were ripped off by an accidental collision (you can see where they were attached), so I had to launch a replacement power module.

ksp-130807-skyhome7-110.jpg

Skyhome 6 - became too large and started to flex uncontrollable. And make decouplers explode. So it was deemed unsafe.

ksp-130814-01.jpgksp-130814-02.jpg