Cupcake's Dropship Dealership...

Yo, Cupcake, I have a plan for a lander, it should be fast, nimble and light for getting on nearly all the moons, minus Laythe. Keep up the good work and make those landers.

Thanks man! :) Perhaps the Scythe will give you a bit of inspiration? It's certainly nimble and light and will work on just about all the moons. It can also land on Laythe/Tylo but won't make it back to orbit.

If you're after something even lighter the Puff Puff Mk2 has enough grunt for just about any moon in the Kerbal system. Hope this helps!

Cupcake...

I have to agree, the Matador is a unique spacecraft and will always deserve a place in any fleet of Kirbal Space Program ships, for any user, young or old, experienced or a novice. Any Cupcake brand dropship will always be unique and amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

I've started building a military base on Minimus and The starter craft are all 1.0.x craft the Bulldog mk2 holds in 1.0.4 and all craft work together well, whether it is tugging, base building or mining, they make the perfect team.:D

Cupcake,

Tried out the mantis today and I have to say its a complete joy to fly, I especially love the docking port underneath for dropping off loads, Something I tend to have problems with while flying the matador in.

Out of curiosity how do you tend to dock the Moth, Matador, or Mantis in orbit since they dont have any rcs? its a bit of a hit or miss for me although I am getting better at it. also how do you tend to get a Moth out of a hanger bay as it doesn't have any reverse thrusters, just wait until if floats out? or do you have a set up to push it out?

Thanks for your work on these, they have been a lifesaver in my game.

Arkcane.

Cupcake,

Tried out the mantis today and I have to say its a complete joy to fly, I especially love the docking port underneath for dropping off loads, Something I tend to have problems with while flying the matador in.

Out of curiosity how do you tend to dock the Moth, Matador, or Mantis in orbit since they dont have any rcs? its a bit of a hit or miss for me although I am getting better at it. also how do you tend to get a Moth out of a hanger bay as it doesn't have any reverse thrusters, just wait until if floats out? or do you have a set up to push it out?

Arkcane.

I apologise for the interception cupcake old boy and correct me if I am mistaken.

I believe it is simply Cupcakes level of experience playing the game. It is, with practice, quite easy to dock with main engines alone on a small craft. Judging from the skill on display in his videos I would say it was this.

Cheers! I'm glad you like it. I think out of all of my designs that one really hits the sweet spot in terms of looks, handling and perfomance. :)

Cupcake...

Meh, I've always been a Tadpole fan. Old and new, those tiny things really made an impression on me ever since I first saw the first one way back when. Remember how I used to goad you into building stuff other than dropships? Man, if I had succeeded, what amazing things would we have missed.

Rune. Specialization might be for insects, as the man said, but then again, insects are kind of awesome. Keep at it! :)

Rune. Specialization might be for insects, as the man said, but then again, insects are kind of awesome. Keep at it! :)

Insects make up for specialization with speciation (hundreds of bees :confused:). I think specialization is definitely worth it if it brings us Cupcake!

CC your ships are top notch,

sincerely Planetfall

Edited by Planetfall
messed up quote

Cupcake,

Arkcane.

Goodness me, it has been a busy day! Anyway, to answer your question the Mantis & Matador do have RCS installed, I just leave the tanks empty by default to save weight. On the Matador the RCS tank is located under the top docking port, while the Mantis has one above the bottom cargo port, just top the tanks up in the SPH before launch. Unless I've made a booboo the LV version of the Moth should have a small amount of RCS in the cockpit which will allow you to dock with the kicker stage at the top of the rocket. Hope this helps! :)

Meh, I've always been a Tadpole fan. Old and new, those tiny things really made an impression on me ever since I first saw the first one way back when. Remember how I used to goad you into building stuff other than dropships? Man, if I had succeeded, what amazing things would we have missed.

I guess my philosophy is you should build what you love to fly, and I'm afraid I only seem to get my jollys with VTOLs. :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

How do you guys like my new forum outfit?? :cool:

I feel honored, as Mr. Cupcake accepted me as an Official Cupcake Lander Tester! And even supplied some nice sig-worthy pictures! How cool is that?

Thank you Cupcake!

edit: I seem to have some trouble getting the sig to work, but I´ll get there

Edited by Dafni

Cupcake, I am building a vtol lander museum on minimus to commemorate the fleet. All I will write on the flag to commemorate originals and mk2s.

God speed, sweet dropships. ;.;

How do you guys like my new forum outfit?? :cool:

I feel honored, as Mr. Cupcake accepted me as an Official Cupcake Lander Tester! And even supplied some nice sig-worthy pictures! How cool is that?

Thank you Cupcake!

edit: I seem to have some trouble getting the sig to work, but I´ll get there

Very nice! :) There's another craft on the way which will require your attention very soon. It's my first combat VTOL in well... ages! It's super maneuverable, has extremely high T/W and is very damage resistant, in short everything you could want in a combat VTOL. :wink:

ol5pGYJ.jpg

I've also been working on new stock munitions which will got through just about anything!

il7eDok.jpg

This craft has quite a few firsts for me; it's my first unmanned vessal, and is built around an inline clampotron which I've never used before! It's also my first combat VTOL that can reload/change ammunition types in the field! :cool: The targeting system is built into each weapons stack meaning there are no alignment issues when reloading, although I find it helps to keep the rounds pointed forwards. :P

ngc8uyL.jpg

I worship his shadow.

Cupcake...

combat VTOL!? I want it! NAW!!! I seriously love your designs cupcake... can I put it in my missions?

Of course you can! Just give me a few days to knock up a pre-release version. Cheers. :)

Wow, that combat drone looks mean!

I have some abandoned bases on Mun and Minmus... so yeah, bring it on! The test team is ready :)

Sweet, shouldn't be too long now. :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

Cupcake, I was planning on to do a Mechjeb war (Kerbals vs. Mechjeb) and this craft might be a good fighter for both sides, with some modifications. :wink:

I was gonna hold off developing this design until 1.05 hits. Saying that I can PM you a copy of the craft if you'd like to try it now? You'll need BD Armory BTW. :wink:

Cupcake...

Edited by Cupcake...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.