[WIP] FLEXrack - Portable Payload Racks

nothke

I'm sick of the terrible huge life support resource modules available.

Would it help if you had a KAS container which can hold LS resources rather than parts?

There's a config for it in the KAS thread.

Just one idea on mod mechanics that may be interesting (and also great mods and textures BTW, I like both FLEXrack and 6S mods).

How about (and to have a different/complimentary market to KAS) making the experiments of FLEXrack a low-yield, high-repeateable, expendable experiments?.

For example, let's say each rack experiment gives you on basis (be it kerbin) 1 point of research and can be made up to 30 times with 3 constrains.

1.- Must be activated in EVA.

2.- Must be processed through the science station (then you go from 0 to 1 point).

3.- Must be then shipped back to Earth (unable to perform transmission).

In this way you have a science "grinder" that demands a lot of logistics, base development and EVA interaction (specially when you go further to other planets), which could be quite entertaining :D.

This could make KAS for building/mantenance and the Flexrack to hauling cargo elements of interest (like the life support mods for example).

Also, we have to bear in mind that the money/prestige system is still to be developed so it could be that some of these aspects could fit in this mod to make sure it has its own niché in KSP :D

If poking is what it takes I am sure most viewers of your FLEXrack pictures/videos over the past 5-6 months would be happy to do so around the clock if it meant that some form of this would make it out of your hands sooner than soon.

Edited by sirklick

Nothke: Maybe you could do alpha release with just the SuperStrapTM packages? They look complete to me and they aren't then it wouldn't be hard for someone to add life support in.

I'd like to also second this. I've been holding off on playing KSP lately because, while I really like to play with life support, good looking and reasonably sized containers just don't exist. The SuperStrap soft packs are amazing and would be so cool to slip a bunch into the in-line containers for a resupply launch, or to aesthetically store for long distance journeys

I too have been holding off on KSP waiting for this mod to come online (remember we're waiting for this to get the next version of Fustek also). This is probably the most anticipated mod out there, so Nothke, if I can add any sort of encouragement without upping the pressure too high, please please work on this.

Regards,

Bez