Show off your flags MEGATHREAD

geb

On 4/22/2016 at 5:52 PM, Noobton said:

I want to start a new career with the Sagan Space Agency "to explore the shores of the cosmic ocean" and made this sketch but my skills are not that hot, any advice on palette/ changes are appreciated

flaglarge.png

@Noobton

Let me have a crack at it... I can make any changes you would like me to make. Once you are happy with the design, I'll post it in dropbox.

BOdX19G.png

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Let me have a crack at it... I can make any changes you would like me to make. Once you are happy with the design, I'll post it in dropbox.

wow I love it thanks, the only thing I'd like to keep is the kerbal style plume on the spaceship trail if possible.

37 minutes ago, Noobton said:

wow I love it thanks, the only thing I'd like to keep is the kerbal style plume on the spaceship trail if possible.

the rocket too, or just the plume? Do you want the plume red or more blended, as i did in this one?

G6pc8IW.png     XsgU8y2.png

Edited by adsii1970
Added two versions for flags =/\=

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

the rocket too, or just the plume? Do you want the plume red or more blended, as i did in this one?

I like the colors you are using, I don't mind the rocket, I like the second flag a lot, 

do you mind if I use it on this thread?: 

I'll add a note giving you credit for the redesign.

17 minutes ago, Noobton said:

I like the colors you are using, I don't mind the rocket, I like the second flag a lot, 

do you mind if I use it on this thread?: 

I'll add a note giving you credit for the redesign.

Not a problem - it's one of the fun things I enjoy doing for members of the forum. If you click on my image repository thread, you'll see other images that are also floating around the forum! Mind if I also put the image in a flag pack mod I am putting together?

2 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

it's one of the fun things I enjoy doing for members of the forum. If you click on my image repository thread, you'll see other images that are also floating around the forum! Mind if I also put the image in a flag pack mod I am putting together?

Thanks a lot :) , I have no objections about including it in your pack, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of flags I have designed in the past:

This one I use currently, and I only designed it a couple of days ago:

jj97597.png

These are a couple of similar ones from a while ago:

mvCDGI4.png

EC7E5fN.png

And some from my abandoned DSK (Deep Space Kerbal) Career save:

jpUsVdg.png

CreO0uU.png

All made on Paint.net

Edited by Hermes2244
Fixing image links

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to make my own in the past but in the end went looking at existing flags. In the real world this is the symbol of Japan's Shiga prefecture (the actual flag has the colours inverted, though the background on this image is actually transparent rather than white, everything it appears on in-game is white anyway). I don't have a theme for my gameplay but it looks very suitable for a maritime space program (using seaplane SSTOs to launch away from urban areas, putting submersible probes on other worlds, stuff like that).

2df498661d.png

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

k5siPVr.png

Bureau Nine - BuNine or Bu9 for short - is a group of fans of David Weber's Honor Harrington space opera science fiction series.  What makes us a bit different from most fans of the Honorverse is that we get to work directly with Weber to create and fill out background information that doesn't appear in the books, including art, political and military structures of the various Star Nations depicted within the series, histories of said Star Nations, ship specifications, and more.  We try to explain the Honorverse technology as realistically as we can, with the caveat that there is probably a bit of "black boxing" and "handwavium" included - after all, this is tech from 2000 years from now.

Everything we do is personally looked at and approved (sometimes, though rarely, DISapproved) by David and is considered canon once we post it, or include it in the books we are writing and publishing - the first of which is House of Steel: The Honorverse Companion.  The second is due out early next year and will be called House of Lies.  Sometimes, we even convince him to change what he's written, because the way he has it won't work the way we have "designed" it.

In case anyone is interested, I'm the 3D modeler for BuNine, and my ship models are here: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/

Edited by MaxxQ

• 3 weeks later...

Back in 1983-'84, I was 6-7 years old (YES! 1976's class here... :P)

... and I had already my game for playing "space" (in a bit of Christmas and Birtday presents slowly piled up during years, because probably I was 4-5 years old when I started with the first one...):

- Mobile Tracking Station

452-1.jpg

- One Man Ship

918-1.jpg?201011030422

- Rocket Launch Pad

483-1.jpg?201011030423

- Space Cruiser and Moon Base (This was pure joy: a BIG ship, with the back that could split as cargo doors, lowering a ramp able to accomodate the small rover shown in the picture)

928-1.jpg?200706300823

- Beta I Command Base (... after years, was needed a better settlement on the Moon for my Lego astronauts: the last "loan" that my parents and relatives had to open to PAY all of this... LOL :confused::rolleyes:)

6970-1.jpg

... and then, after only have seen "white" and "red" Lego Astronauts...

- SPACE DART I (YES! Probably the first iteration of "Benny", the blue Lego Astronaut from "Lego The Movie")

6824-1.jpg

... so, obviously, what "flag" could I choose now, more or less 33 years after, still playing with THEM (I have still the whole collection, at 40 years old) but also, playing Kerbal Space Program???

I have to look no further than this:

1. The first flag I used in KSP, since it was introduced the feature:
    MplIFxH.png
    (from the first Lego set I had, dated 1979)
  2. The second one:
    qT1byLT.png
    (from the 80's version of the Lego Space set flag, that added different features to the "moon" logo, like craters, and a bit more "shuttle-alike" shape for the red ship, as the first spaceshuttle started to fly, a bit photoshopped with my "nick" addition and "flag-like" wrinckles and shadows...)
  3. The latest iteration, more "a roundel flag" than a full one, more heavilly photoshopped, ispired by the NASA "Meatball" logo, with stars on the blue (I alternate the #2 and this #3, actually playing now, based on mood :cool:)
    KMrpvL5.png

Edited by Araym

On 21/4/2016 at 10:21 PM, Fallarnon said:

So, since I couldn't play KSP the way I want to since most of my mods are still not updated, I'm getting a lot more ambitious these days with KSP and have decided that I want to start making flags and mission insignia and the like for my missions. I'm proficient in all of the various Adobe Creative Suite bits and bobs so I whipped together some designs in Illustrator, I'm drawing heavily upon NASA for my inspiration, which will be obvious when you look at what I've made. I've named the agency the Kerbin Aeronautics and Space Administration after NASA, which is totally cliche but, really, I couldn't think of a more befitting name for the sole planetary space agency so there we are.

First and foremost, I went and made the KASA version of the NASA Seal. I'm not really sure where it might get put to use but it was something to do and seemed like something that a proper space agency would have.

CPmOaMq.png

Notably the Mun and Minimus can be seen in the background of the seal with the iconic KSP rocket headed out of frame evoking feelings of expansion and exploration. The motto "E Kerbin ad astra per calamitatis" is roughly translated from Latin as "From Kerbin to the stars through calamity"  which I thought was especially fitting considering the propensity for disaster that seems to come naturally to any Kerbal-involved endeavor.

Seal done, the next logical step was the KASA logo. I originally went for a much closer reproduction of the classic NASA meatball but the text just wasn't working for me so I went for a hybrid design pairing a meatball-esque design with a replica of the NASA Worm logo of the 1970s-90s. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out, here it is on a flag:

rw9sVMj.png

Three game-friendly scale versions: (from left to right: flag, flag decal (no fabric effect), logo decal (transparent bg))

XK56G5j.png  Ncn92TA.png  SWATNFJ.png

If anybody wants to use these logos for personal use feel free, I have uploaded high resolution versions of each to my DeviantArt page:

Seal

Logo

Flag

Seal - Mission Control

If you want to use the logos in another project please contact me first to be sure I'm on board but generally speaking I'm easy going, all systems should be go and the launch window should be nominal, just ask!

Simply BRILLIANT!

The Seal is probably the one I like the best!!! (... could eventually "adopt him", ppuuuuuurr-etty pleeeeeease - purring like a kitty-cat, eventually for some personal variations???? *_*)...

... but, as remembering a bit of latin from hi-school (... a LOT of time ago...), should the "motto" be "EX Kerbin ad astra per calamitatis"?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.