[WIP Plugin] Extraplanetary Space Centers!

skykooler

is there a way to test the launchpad WITHOUT ore and other things? I am asking because the "debug" option doesnt seem to do anything and I would like to test the stability of a build once something is loaded onto it already

is there a way to test the launchpad WITHOUT ore and other things? I am asking because the "debug" option doesnt seem to do anything and I would like to test the stability of a build once something is loaded onto it already

The debug was unintentionally removed for the 2.0 release, it'll be re-added in the next release!

Either edit a part to be full of the resource you require (even the launch pad), or use HyperEdit to fill up an empty one.

New here and I apologize if this has already been answered, but I'd really rather not wade through 21 pages if you don't mind.

Anyways, may I ask what the reason was for the decision to make this inoperable in orbit? Ran through your github and found this pretty quickly:

[KSPEvent(guiActive = true, guiName = "Show Build Menu", active = true)]

public void EnableBuildMenu()

{

// Only allow enabling the menu if we are in a suitable place

if (((this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.LANDED) ||

(this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.PRELAUNCH) ||

(this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.SPLASHED)))

{

RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue(3, new Callback(drawGUI)); //start the GUI

uis.builduiactive = true;

}

}

The reason I ask was that I had previously assumed (falsely) that it would be operable in orbit as well (just unwise in the vast majority of cases), so I elected to construct a ship that would stick it in synchronous orbit with hope of using it as an orbital shipyard only to have the GUI pop up with "Out of Range" once I got it there. Personally, the ability to use this in orbit would be appreciated. I almost didn't post here as I tried downloading the source and opening the .sln to try to just make a custom version, but apparently it was incompatible with my install VS2010 (not familiar with plugin modding for KSP, so I'm probably just neglecting something), so here I am.

New here and I apologize if this has already been answered, but I'd really rather not wade through 21 pages if you don't mind.

Anyways, may I ask what the reason was for the decision to make this inoperable in orbit? Ran through your github and found this pretty quickly:

[KSPEvent(guiActive = true, guiName = "Show Build Menu", active = true)]

public void EnableBuildMenu()

{

// Only allow enabling the menu if we are in a suitable place

if (((this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.LANDED) ||

(this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.PRELAUNCH) ||

(this.vessel.situation == Vessel.Situations.SPLASHED)))

{

RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue(3, new Callback(drawGUI)); //start the GUI

uis.builduiactive = true;

}

}

The reason I ask was that I had previously assumed (falsely) that it would be operable in orbit as well (just unwise in the vast majority of cases), so I elected to construct a ship that would stick it in synchronous orbit with hope of using it as an orbital shipyard only to have the GUI pop up with "Out of Range" once I got it there. Personally, the ability to use this in orbit would be appreciated. I almost didn't post here as I tried downloading the source and opening the .sln to try to just make a custom version, but apparently it was incompatible with my install VS2010 (not familiar with plugin modding for KSP, so I'm probably just neglecting something), so here I am.

It doesn't work in orbit, because the KSP code that activates the ship only does so if it's landed. If you disable that in the code, it can spawn the ships, but they are uncontrollable. Also, unless your orbit is perfectly geosynchronous, the ship will have some velocity relative to the pad (as it is spawned with 0 velocity relative to the ground), so it will collide with the pad and generally blow things up.

If you want to build things in orbit, either put a launchpad on Gilly (where you can put anything in orbit), or use the Orbital Construction mod for now.

(Also, I've been developing with MonoDevelop, not Visual Studio; perhaps that's why the .sln isn't working for you?)

It still need a ton of work, but I figured I would share whats done so far. Try not to laugh to hard, I had never done any 3d modeling till I downloaded Blender last friday. By all means have a good chuckle...just dont laugh to hard =P

This is my idea for a smelter, kinda got the idea from a little blast furnace my buddys uncle uses for blacksmithing.

awGxTgN.png

there will be vents on the little square bit that (once i figure out emissive effects) will glow when in use. Maybe doors on there to open and expose the vents....of course that will only be after i figure out animations.

BXqIW5H.png

on the back here you can see 3 hopper tanks of fuel for running the smelter and a place for docking port.

I plan on the bottom holding LF/O, that bit being 2.5meter standard.

I do intend to keep working on this, but if anyone who does not suck at modeling wants to steal the design by all means feel free =)

This is my idea for a smelter, kinda got the idea from a little blast furnace my buddys uncle uses for blacksmithing.

Looking forward to seeing more. Poke me sometime if you'd like to try it with the Kethane particle effects system. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing more. Poke me sometime if you'd like to try it with the Kethane particle effects system. :wink:

Was thinking of that for smokestack from the start =)

That model is gonna have to change a bit though. I didnt notice, but at time of those pics it was showin 4736tris in Blender, this is to much i think. Its 3 torus for the stack thats killin it maybe.

edit: just for giggles i loaded the model and deleted the 3 smoke stacks....its 1280tris

note to self: stay away from the torus!

Edited by KhaosCorp

It still need a ton of work, but I figured I would share whats done so far. Try not to laugh to hard, I had never done any 3d modeling till I downloaded Blender last friday. By all means have a good chuckle...just dont laugh to hard =P

awGxTgN.png

there will be vents on the little square bit that (once i figure out emissive effects) will glow when in use. Maybe doors on there to open and expose the vents....of course that will only be after i figure out animations.

BXqIW5H.png

on the back here you can see 3 hopper tanks of fuel for running the smelter and a place for docking port.

I plan on the bottom holding LF/O, that bit being 2.5meter standard.

I do intend to keep working on this, but if anyone who does not suck at modeling wants to steal the design by all means feel free =)

Well done sir. Looks good for modeling less than a week. More progress than I have made in the last month lol.

Was thinking of that for smokestack from the start =)

That model is gonna have to change a bit though. I didnt notice, but at time of those pics it was showin 4736tris in Blender, this is to much i think. Its 3 torus for the stack thats killin it maybe.

edit: just for giggles i loaded the model and deleted the 3 smoke stacks....its 1280tris

note to self: stay away from the torus!

You can reduce triangle counts considerably in Blender if you use 16 or 8 vertices for circles/cylinders/UVSpheres instead of the default 32.

I don't know if anyone else has had this bug, but it appears that the VAB/SPH have a node connection issue with the parts where it attaches but doesn't stay, and the nodes disappear. Also, it crashes the VAB/SPH at times and prevents any of the buttons from working.

If the part would allow us to gather the orbital debris through some means and melt them down to parts then I'm all for it...

It will. But you have to rendezvous with the debris first, as it will only clean up within 50 meters.

That I can do easily, Mechjeb2 and KAS are my friends there....

Be Warned!!

Grappling hooks in space + debris with fuel + "oops my engines are on" = SPACE NUMCHUKS!

So happy to hear recycling is coming. I break things alot...plus all the test flights. It gets messy.

Is anyone aware of any issues that might cause ore mining to stop working? basically I modified a small Kethane drill to harvest Ore since I didn't like the aesthetics of the Auger, I've landed at an Ore deposit on Minmus but it doesn't seem to be actually harvesting anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.