[0.23.5] Hollow Structures & Hulls (Updated: 2014-04-09)

Alskari

the latest version the Interplanatary explorer version, added two more thermorockets to the rear beacuase of there low thrust, the cargo bays have been turned down the left side turned into a small kethane enxtraction and refiniery bay, the other has a small rover on a winch, while the passenger space is down to 9 for reducing parts and made some tweaks for balance

First trip to eve i've ever done, i was able to slowly glide in with very little throttle until i was at about 800 then pulled up and hit the vtol engines to kill my speed and slowly set it down as gentle as i could, it cant vtol on eve on just the three downward engines unless you up the thrust of the front engine so it slowly tips back then fire the main engines to take off, much eaiser than it sounds with the action groups

Kh717HS.png

a nice day at the eve beach, unloading the buggy, and the other side with the kethane setup

ehJEllj.png

GgntWTy.png

the rest

https://imgur.com/a/0OnFY

That's one hell of a design. Seems to have basically a bit of everything on it. Definitely missing this mod now! I don't actually know why I can't get similar results out of it to be honest. I used the lowered refresh rates and still hit a brick wall pretty early on. I'm probably going to be having another shot soon though, seeing that ship is making me want something similar in my armada, or at least get my base back at Minmus.

That's one hell of a design. Seems to have basically a bit of everything on it. Definitely missing this mod now! I don't actually know why I can't get similar results out of it to be honest. I used the lowered refresh rates and still hit a brick wall pretty early on. I'm probably going to be having another shot soon though, seeing that ship is making me want something similar in my armada, or at least get my base back at Minmus.

you should see the outpost single launch space station i made, with full life support

how many of the MFD displays did you use, this design has none

Which one is the MFD? (away from my pc) last time I used the mod I was using the crash couch and noticed a much better framerate but other cockpits seem to cause me reasonable slow down too. Maybe I'm going to crazy with the chairs perhaps? Or is it literally just the MFD that causes issues?

specifically the mfd, the one that doesnt have a window, it pretty much makes this mod unusable, i hope the dev removes it or offers and option without it as it would save a lot of ram to remove mfd and RasterPropMonitor, and dont use any cameras

I think he is still active here, i saw he had posted in the capital ship thread earlier^^ I mainly use external camera which has like a window you can close when you like etc-

I feel like trying to make a a ship like yours blitz, will try and report back later ;)

specifically the mfd, the one that doesnt have a window, it pretty much makes this mod unusable, i hope the dev removes it or offers and option without it as it would save a lot of ram to remove mfd and RasterPropMonitor, and dont use any cameras

Ahh ok. I might just go into the files and wipe out the MFD then. Pity, it makes for some incredibly awesome looking ships.

I gave this a whirl today - I have a ship design idea that I would like to explore and this seemed like a suitable mod.

It's just a pity that the hollow parts break symmetry.

For example, I would like to use "UL Frame Square 2m" for the central spine of the ship, however I can get no symmetry on this part.

Perhaps a picture will help:

See the detached part - I would like to be able to use symmetry from the other side to attach that section.

LJOp7a6.jpg

And more bend parts please! Could we get the "UL Frame Bend 30 2m" part but in the other corridor sizes?

Ahh ok. I might just go into the files and wipe out the MFD then. Pity, it makes for some incredibly awesome looking ships.

i tried once but for some reason cause instability with another mod showing NAN for some resources

I gave this a whirl today - I have a ship design idea that I would like to explore and this seemed like a suitable mod.

It's just a pity that the hollow parts break symmetry.

For example, I would like to use "UL Frame Square 2m" for the central spine of the ship, however I can get no symmetry on this part.

Perhaps a picture will help:

See the detached part - I would like to be able to use symmetry from the other side to attach that section.

http://i.imgur.com/LJOp7a6.jpg

And more bend parts please! Could we get the "UL Frame Bend 30 2m" part but in the other corridor sizes?

Yeah I noticed HSH does behave odd in this manner, if you can't get it to pick up I find it's much quicker and easier just to rebuild the part on the opposite side or just copy it with Alt+Left Click

i tried once but for some reason cause instability with another mod showing NAN for some resources

Thanks for the heads up, I'll just steer clear of it in the VAB then!

Yeah I noticed HSH does behave odd in this manner, if you can't get it to pick up I find it's much quicker and easier just to rebuild the part on the opposite side or just copy it with Alt+Left Click

Yes, it is work aroundable, but kind of a deal-breaker for me, as it makes the job of balancing (RCS / VTOL) much much harder.

Yes, it is work aroundable, but kind of a deal-breaker for me, as it makes the job of balancing (RCS / VTOL) much much harder.

You can have symmetry to an extent, like if you try to put wing or RCS on the center frame, not a panel connected to the frame, it works. Also I recommend editor extensions I could have never made my ship without it

I think he is still active here, i saw he had posted in the capital ship thread earlier^^ I mainly use external camera which has like a window you can close when you like etc-

I feel like trying to make a a ship like yours blitz, will try and report back later ;)

Can't wait to see it

Edited by blitz2190

huge overhaul to make this thing get of eve, which is ridiculous btw, took and about 20k m/s from sea level and climbed almost vertical from take then when i hit a twr of 1 i pitched straight up and climbed to 80k then turned for a ap of 200k, so far thats the only way I've gotten off eve, plane style theres just way to thick an atmosphere. left me with enough fumes to land on gilly to fill the tanks.

and yea for this one i used mechjeb becuase i wasnt about to sit through a 20-30 minute climb, I did the actual turn just not the long 80k climb.

notice thats 11.9 m/s not 119 it was a sloooow climb

HXaVH18.png

j1UL3rk.png

getting to gilly on fumes, also no more rendezvous engines :( i gotta drop weight somehow to add them again

87vlu09.png

Edited by blitz2190

Hi all,

I'm using HSH as a main part of a youtube series, I've made a very basic rover using it, I'd like feedback if anyone is willing.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79811-Feedback-on-new-series-please-KSP-with-mods

I'm trying to showcase mods in the series, starting with HSH.

(Please ignore the shameless self-promotion, but I am actually interested in any feedback.)

K.

Hi all,

I'm using HSH as a main part of a youtube series, I've made a very basic rover using it, I'd like feedback if anyone is willing.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79811-Feedback-on-new-series-please-KSP-with-mods

I'm trying to showcase mods in the series, starting with HSH.

(Please ignore the shameless self-promotion, but I am actually interested in any feedback.)

K.

i have a pretty neat little space station with made with this mod that i can give you the craft file for, uses kethane, tact life, HSH, nova, and i think some small parts from b9, and the reactors from Interstellar because i like the fact you need to replenish fuel and manage heat adds a little more fun

produces enough food and oxygen for 8 kerbals, also has 8 beds and a viewing deck in the center that holds 4, and the ground station sends up a fuel tanker to supply LFO and another for water mined from the surface of minimus, i haven't quite finished yet.

the upper deck is life support and habitat the lower is fuel storage and the nuclear reactors, witch also has supplies shipped from the surface when needed with is very far between, its also a station capable of moving itself to another planet, no idea how far yet.

btw i like what you are doing this mod needs a little more pulbicity its one of my favorite

39KNzKd.png

1IncU5f.png

IMB13Ro.png

i also just finished my GalaxyReaper, it can visit any planet and return, given you land it on a kethan patch to refuel, I think I'm gonna release it if anyone wants it

Edited by blitz2190

• 3 weeks later...
uhm when i press the download link, why does it bring me here? http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal

That's because the links in the first post originally pointed at Spaceport. Since Spaceport is now defunct, the URL automatically redirects to the new official add-on repository on Curse.

You'll have to wait for Alskari to come back and re-host HSH on CurseForge or another download site.

• 3 weeks later...
That's because the links in the first post originally pointed at Spaceport. Since Spaceport is now defunct, the URL automatically redirects to the new official add-on repository on Curse.

You'll have to wait for Alskari to come back and re-host HSH on CurseForge or another download site.

It would be nice if Alskari put it on dropbox or something. Since I used the 64bit windows hack, I have been adding all my favorite mods. Sadly now I can't get this one. :( Stupid KSP Curse.

It would be nice if Alskari put it on dropbox or something. Since I used the 64bit windows hack, I have been adding all my favorite mods. Sadly now I can't get this one. :( Stupid KSP Curse.

Hello all.

I have the same problem. I can't download this mod and can't find anywhere link not to space port. As I see the problem is that spaceport is unavailable. While we are whaiting reaction of mod author maybe someon who already have this mod could upload it somewhere (dropbox, google drive) and post a link here.

I think it will be usefull not only for me.

i have a pretty neat little space station with made with this mod that i can give you the craft file for, uses kethane, tact life, HSH, nova, and i think some small parts from b9, and the reactors from Interstellar because i like the fact you need to replenish fuel and manage heat adds a little more fun

Sounds good, I am using EL however, and that seems to have major issues with TAC Life Support. is Nova the Novapunch rockets stuff? haven't looked at it in a while.

btw i like what you are doing this mod needs a little more pulbicity its one of my favorite

Thankyou! I'm looking at the less well known mods, I have a list I polled the #KSPOfficial IRC chat with, that I will be testing for compatibility on my FrankenRig. BTW, that is STUNNING! If I can get something that gorgeous as an orbiter I would be very happy! Most of my stuff tends to be a tad utilitarian.

If you are willing, I would like to take you up on the craft file offer, I may have to ditch EL to get TAC working, but at least I can demo something beautiful! :) Send me a PM with any attribution data you would like, or add it to the craft's description (in VAB/SPH) and I'll read it out in the video.