What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Didn't so much do this "today", or even yesterday; But I think back to the Munar Pole Contract I had, for Seismic Study... and.. seeing Kerbin in a fixed point in the "sky" while even the Sun moved like it should've... it was freaky and mesmerizing, man. Like something out of a dream.

Edited by Dire_Squid

While watching Scuadcast today I went through my unfinished projects save, deleted some, and then I found an interesting one. After a little bit of tweaking I got this SSTO to work and took it for a testrun to deliver a small satelite to orbit.

0etkGtFh.png

53OAeCuh.png

I also found an unfinished multipurpose munlander idea. So I´ve got something to play with tomorrow. :)

Edited by KerrMü

While watching Scuadcast today I went through my unfinished projects save, deleted some, and then I found an interesting one. After a little bit of tweaking I got this SSTO to work and took it for a testrun to deliver a small satelite to orbit.

I also found an unfinished multipurpose munlander idea. So I´ve got something to play with tomorrow. :)

Beautiful as always KerrMu.

screenshot1903_zpsa7plkapn.png

Edited by Yukon0009

Mk2 SSTO planes are easy. After numerous attempts I finally managed to build a working, fully reusable Mk3 SSTO cargo plane. Anything that fits inside a Mk3 Cargo Bay CRG-100 (the biggest Mk3 bay) and weights less than a Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank (the big orange 36 ton tank) I can now bring to a low orbit for only a few thousand Fund_char.png.

My Jeb has been trapped in solar orbit for nearly 2 years, which happened way back in early career during a Minmus mission. But now that I have this massive ship so I'm finally going to rescue him. The original plan was to have the ship return to LKO for refueling after it's Mun landing test drive. However upon reaching Mun orbit I realized something, instead of the originally estimated 1200 m/s of delta-V remaining the ship actually had 3100 m/s. This is because many of the fuel tanks are not connected to the atomic engines (the fuel line system for the VTOL system is very elaborate and ha many fuel tanks reserved).

m7gMvze.png

The combined speed of the Mun going retrograde relative to the sun and the speed of the ship's orbit (also going in that direction) made for a huge assist. Escaping Kerbin and lowering the solar PE to Eve altitude only needed 250 m/s. Jeb is 90 degrees ahead of Kerbin so a lower orbit is needed.

3X4mdMY.png

I'll continue this when I rendezvous with Jeb.:cool:

Once the ship was on course for a Jeb fly-by the dropship was deployed. A 1500 m/s burn will be needed for matching Jeb's velocity.

SABBHl8.png

hnmoKbG.png

Found him!

lbZv2Ms.png

Meanwhile the ship makes a course correction to re-encounter Kerbin in 120 days. The dropship will meet back with it in 50 days.

zRYwv1K.png

Sold blood. For. Uhm. Reasons.... Waiting for my multiple launches of ships and probes to reach Duna still. Did a go Up to Minmus so I can then drop back down to Kerbin for savings of delta v's because I can and had a contract for Minmus. Refueling a ship in Kerbins orbit that will refuel my ship the is dropping down to Kerbin at Duna once I add enough extra fuel tanks to it.

I'm doing a 5 contract Mun mission. Transmit data from kerbin, transmit data from the Mun, Land a base on the Mun, plant a flag, seismic surveys near landing site. should take a bite out of the 1.5 million funds I still need to upgrade my R&D building. I designed a good looking permanent base and a rover. Now I just need to design a delivery system before I can start.

Finishing qualification testing of the MK3D Galaxy class spaceplane with taking an fully loaded orange tank to orbit.

This is far more than expected so it looks like the cargo space will be the constrain here not cargo weight.

yrXtEXq.png

I made a 100% stock, fully functional submarine. It can reach the deepest corners of Kerbin's sea bed without cheats of any kind. Each engine on the back of the submarine is set to a specific thrust limit to balance the ship, just fire it up and let it go.

It comes with its own transport ship, a beautiful catamaran that can reach speeds over 95 m/s over water. It could go faster, but it will disintegrate if you push it over 100 m/s, that's the resistance limit of the air intakes used as floating devices.

Submarine.png

To download this ship please follow this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/syt1zanq5y...III.craft?dl=0

Today I have (almost, antennas are wrong) finished (almost, it has only two seats in re-entry vehicle and carries only monoprop) non-useless stockalike TKS design.

Proton launch:

tks_1.png

tks_2.png

tks_3.png

Circularizing:

tks_4.png

A-a-and I have placed antennas wrong. Dammit.

tks_6.png

Thanks to:

1. Angel-125 for MOLE (FGB/Functional Cargo Block forward crew compartment);

2. Beale for Tantares (LK antennas) and TantaresLV (ALV - Proton);

3. Cpt. Kipard for Non-Androgynous Docking Port Set (well, duh, I'm sure you can guess where I used it);

4. Orionkermin for HGR and Corvus (VA/Re-entry Module with LES);

5. Ven for Ven's Stock Parts Revamp (panels and decouplers, yeah, but mainly - 1-manned 1.25m crew can).

back to drawing board for my Duna mission...whenever I try to launch it game crashes, which is a bit strange for me as whole payload + launcher have 75 parts in total and I had launched larger crafts...maybe something with procedural fairings, I usually have memory problems when using procedural parts.

Made progress in my exploration save (after taking a long break I decided I'm going to send stuff absolutely everywhere.) I've tried this before - get stuff off to Moho, then Jool comes up and I stress over making a Jool-5 capable ship for my first mission out there.

This time I've got Outer Planets though. Mission to Moho is on its way (6 kerbal days to mid plane correction burn). Mun team is scouting anomolies in the Northwest crater, Minmus team is poking the monolith and considering permanent base sites.

There is a very long voyage on its way to Plock (36 kerbal years to Plock SOI change assuming my burns are accurate enough not to loose the intercept).

The Jool expedition has built all of its prototypes and tested them on Kerbal. Ship configuration and design is still in the works. I have Sarnus, Urlum and asteroid windows before that mission needs to leave though.

Today was Mun explorations and getting the Plock team on their way. Next time I'll be designing my Teckto and Eeloo missions to Sarnus SOI.

I have redesigned and launched probe intended for Duna...it is much smaller payload than before and uses only one probe instead of 3 separate probes so that I can put it inside currently unlocked KW fairing. Without Procedural Fairings I didn't get CTD so mission went on and probe is now in LKO

JDRruVS.png

FSUNvlg.png

When I finally achieved orbit I have noticed that I had made a little blunder - probe is missing a Materials Bay which needs to be on it to complete satellite contract. As it has enough delta-v to reach Eve it will now wait in orbit for Eve window, while for Duna I will launch another probe which will be redesigned to have Materials Bay

After switching to RSS and RO I don't think I can go back. It is a challenge again and that's what I like about KSP. Found out building shuttles are a bit more trickier now. Should be a long rewarding process once I get everything working.

Early shuttle test without lifting system...epic fail haha

EEcVKQK.png