What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Spent the last 8 hours rebuilding KSP (ATM makes it a slow process) to try and track down Null References, turns out it's EVE or maybe proots or astronomers packs as I tried each of those on top.

Now what do I do?

I can't go back to stock, I just can't ;.;

Spent the last 8 hours rebuilding KSP (ATM makes it a slow process) to try and track down Null References, turns out it's EVE or maybe proots or astronomers packs as I tried each of those on top.

Now what do I do?

Get used to it.

screenshot18885_zpsdxq5ltfh.png

Now what do I do?

I don't use either of those addons to EVE. Try using just the basic EVE and see if that works? (I know how you feel about stock-I must have clouds too!)

I built a STS in RSS. Took me about a month of weekends and evenings, but it works! :D Design is not final, still have some things to workout, Action Groups, winnowing out unneeded mod parts so I can publish it in the Spacecraft Exchange. It has a robotic arm similar to Canadarm, though it doesn't work that well. It's first flight was to retrieve an ISS module left by a previous gen shuttle.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I don't use either of those addons to EVE. Try using just the basic EVE and see if that works? (I know how you feel about stock-I must have clouds too!)

Good advice, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Although I have my suspicions that because of the sheer number of people using one of those packs that it's not something intrinsic to either one but an incompatibility with one of my other mods.

I'll try with just EVE and no other mods, then if that's ok try one of the packs, if it's still ok I'll start adding them back in until the errors crop up again.

it will be a slow process but better to have a game with no errors.

Thanks for the advice Fizwalker :)

Lol, just noticed Yukon's post, what the diddly is that thing?!! :D

now that's compact!

Edited by MartGonzo

KSC Press Release:

RIP Ronbart Kerman, pilot, who perished on reentry to Kerbin today when the chutes on his science lab module failed to deploy. Returning from a failed Mun mission, he had made the decision to return in the lab module rather than attempt a rendezvous with the mission's command module.

Command module pilot and mission commander, Gilwell Kerman, the only one of the mission's three Kerbonauts to make it back home to Kerbin, stated "I told him it wasn't a good idea... I guess Ronbart forgot he had no way to control his chute deployment riding inside that thing."

The third member of the mission, pilot Doodton Kerman, is still missing and presumed lost as well. Having flipped his rover coming over the lip of a steep crater; His last radio transmission was "Oh no!(censored)!", and has not been heard from since. Telemetry from a mapping satellite, picked up by the KSC Tracking Station, has identified the location of the rover and indicates a large debris field.

KSC officials are investigating, and have promised to send a search and rescue mission to find and (hopefully) retrieve Doodton. Opponents to the KSP claim that KSC officials are "full of it", that they don't give a damn about Doodton and that they're only going back to collect more science.

This marks the death of the fifth Kerbonaut since the program began.

After a minor problem with Doodton becoming an unresponsive Kerbal, resolved with Claw's Stock Bug Fix Modules, I sent Fredfrod up to rescue Doodton. Talk about irony. Their reentry to Kerbin met with disaster (Mission Control's fault), coming down in a not so ideal location with no turning back...

vkTrsTl.png

At the last second just before impact, Doodton bailed out and let go of the ladder... followed by Fredfrod a second right after impact..... an attempt to save themselves, because surely their capsule would tumble and explode. Both ended up bouncing down the cliff face to their deaths. The capsule however, after a few tumbles, landed upright and slid all the way down the slope, coming to a safe stop on a bit of a ledge. Had they stayed in the capsule..... :huh:

HCTrBaH.png

I took Jeb for a test flight of a new high altitude survey aircraft. 1 basic jet engine and about 7t on the runway, can probably make 22km but the air is so thin above 18km that everything gets quite unstable, nothing the pod torque cant keep under control though. Now to test its landing capabilities.

FFJoJYOh.jpg

I have started yesterday and finally made today a multi-modular space station. 200 km orbit, 18 tons.

Modules, from the left to the right:

- Energetic module with 2.5m docking port for further expansion;

- Core module, with some fuel and two docking ports for ferries;

- Crew module, accomodates four kerbals;

- Science module with main and back-up antennas and with all the experiments;

- Cupola module.

357045d1f4cdce94f17ec06a24efcd59.png

I plan adding control module with SAS, refueling module with at least one Jumbo and lots of monopropellant and xenon and satellite docking module with 0.625m ports.

Not very impressive, right, but even this lags as hell.

Some more shots on the van series of ships (holding 5-6 Kerbals) and a smaller personal transport ship ( holding 1-2 Kerbals). Enjoyed working the boosters down to near minimum in mass and cost yet have enough fuel to roam the orbits around Kerbal. :-)

ons5QAP.png

IYqLPGL.png

zRxkwMn.png

Today I decided to build a large station orbiting little over half way between Kerbin and the Mun.

The primary component is called "Super Starlab" as the general idea was a StarLab station with a big fuel tank attached, the tank carrying varied docking ports. This part was launched as one piece (and largely abandoned the original design concept). To get to orbit, fuel had to be transferred from the lower stage into the upper stage as the upper stage was emptied of fuel.

tumblr_nk5fziyJt31unut60o2_1280.png

It was also fitted with 4 prototype MMU style probes. These proved near impossible to dock back with the station, even when automated to try and dock the station with the probe instead of vice-versa. Every attempt was met with the probe wobbling and the docking port on Super Starlab wobbling out of place.

In the end, a probe ended up in Munar orbit. Another ended up orbiting around Kerbin.

tumblr_nk5fziyJt31unut60o1_1280.png

I've decided that I don't like Super Starlab as currently designed anyway. I think I'll assemble a future station to contain a part more similar to the original StarLab, although I like the general look of the big fuel section.

De-Orbiting this should be fun.

Discovered that although something is 30km away on the target marker.. doing an epic 60km round trip to a station to drop off some fuel into the generator for use with the lighting systems... only reveals to be half that on the mission screen when you press F3...

Still.. an hour long round trip in my heavily modified diesel electric KSP-44 class was epic in its own way.. on the up carefully nursing the train up hills.. but once offloaded.. she was full warcry notch 8 all the way home without fault.. diesel engines both being used generating power for the bogeys with the sounds of both resonating with eachother like a heartbeat... (detroit diesel sound) headlights ablaze

happy I was :)

F27546C85161A4CF44741BB145BC4C5CE9627055

Edited by Overland