What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I added the first fuel storage to my space station.

It was done by adding some extra boosters to my reusable rocket (40 ton payload is slightly too much).

bWDjlhk.png

Nosecone away!

JY9omI3.png

Now lets burn from 0 to 2000 m/s!

p0oV4T1.png

Falling booster...

IOcBTk9.png

Whats this? The rocket didn't fall into the ocean and blow up?

0u7CWy7.png

The station, the two upper stages (the things with the engines) where jettisoned shortly afterwords.

TQ1F5Nq.png

Just for fun, I started building an orbital ring space station out of all stock parts. I used the rotation gizmo to bevel the docking ports slightly, creating a uniform angle between each segment.

d5vO6Wg.png

I built a launcher that can boost twelve segments into orbit at a time (four groups of three segments each). Note that each section has a little probe core with a torque module and some thrusters to help maneuver the sections into alignment. Aligning the segments is a pain, but manageable. Eventually the probe core assemblers will be removed, revealing a whole ton o' clamp-o-tron docking ports.

5zj6iEk.png

The GhettoSpike low cost aerospikes I built earlier were for a certain unique craft.

She has 42 engines, forward swept variable geometry wings, short takeoff and vertical landing, goes anywhere in Kerbin SOI (soon) and all the theoretical specs look good. Just need to fly it and hope parts don't fall off at random.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The Switchblade is part of a string of KSP@Facebook projects since last night. I've had fellow facebookers test small-scale versions of the Switchblade and they reported all OK with the aerodynamic concept.

Just for fun, I started building an orbital ring space station out of all stock parts. I used the rotation gizmo to bevel the docking ports slightly, creating a uniform angle between each segment.

I tried a similar docking port technique a couple months back. The problem I ran into is that if you don't get the rotation to exactly 0 deg on all docked segments, the last segment won't line up on both ends.

Figured it was time I visit a brand new world for me:

Dres_zps2oaetfvr.jpg

My probe transporter can put 4 probes on the surface of somewhere, this is V2, as soon as the 4 probes leave, this version can itself act like a probe. Going to refine the design further.

• What did you do in KSP today?

Nothing.

Just as I did in the last 2 months.

Still waiting for an interesting and challenging game, since career mode is a joke for now. Or a (better) simulator.

At first, I loved KSP because it allowed me to understand some principles of astronautics. Then I got addicted (missions to Eve and back, resource mining, shuttles and so on).

A lot of work and dedication has been put into this software and all the mods around. And many people deserve some serious credits.

But I'm not interested in playing some heavily modded esoteric game, nor doing over and over the same kind of contracts. Kerbal "Space Program"? What program exactly?

I was hoping this game would get a new soul with 1.0. But all I see is efforts to catch up with mandatory mods. And female aliens...

Don't worry, I'm just a bit bored.

KSP is like Lego, and I got a lack of imagination.

I launched the Galactica II

rG7Rb0a.png

MfS1GpG.png

psbuPr6.png

cVFR8sY.png

2 because 1 was scrapped for being too bulky. The core of the generation ship had to be welded to cut down the part count. Went from 400+ to 200, and most of that 200 was in the lifter that got it to orbit.

Galactica 2 has karbonite sweepers to refuel in orbit before headin out. I'll send it to Jool probably.

Funny thing (i should have screenshotted) was watching one of the engines fall off right before the launch... yea i scrubbed that one and went back to bolster the bottom a bit.

Finally made this again:

gIKPwiD.png

I really need to get out (In KSP) more...

This is incredible...

Look at those bases!

There are not enough.

(4 years later)...

This is Laythe Air Transport 382 coming in, Laythe Base 972, do you read me?

I've been experimenting with the 'interesting' drag model in KSP by smashing rockets into the atmosphere at up to 22,000 m/s!

In version 0.10 of KSP, the atmosphere stopped suddenly at 34.5km above Kerbins surface. At high speeds, the atmosphere acted as a brick wall, tearing rockets apart in crazy, glitchy explosions! I've been playing around with this and at one point, my poor kerbalnauts were subjected to 411.5G!!

I created a massive naval battle between two rival organisations. 6 ships in total, with 1 carrier, 4 Battleships, 1 destroyer and a carrier borne fighter. The average range of each salvo was about 1.7km, so accurate shooting was very difficult. Each ship is somewhere between 250-350 parts, so I couldn't have too many present in the same shot. Regardless, I hope you enjoy! :)

I tried a similar docking port technique a couple months back. The problem I ran into is that if you don't get the rotation to exactly 0 deg on all docked segments, the last segment won't line up on both ends.

I've been worried about this. I deploy the big solar panels before docking to give me a larger visual aid on the docking angle. It would be nice if the docking ports had an angle snap capability like the vehicle assembly building.