What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Made this refueling station. Nothing special, just for fun. It's not meant to be flown to orbit, since it's massive and has about 300 parts. To have an idea of the size, the orange tanks in the bottom (the one in vertical) are the stock orange tanks.

A bit more info here.

JmxTHT5.png

This is my little Ion powered yacht at the rendezvous with Didis capsule.[...]

On a less serious note,

there has bee an uprising in my sandbox game. Some guy called Kahn Kerman tried to take over my space program. I decided that enough is enough and put him in a ship and banished him and his friends off to duna.

I´m sure we´ll never hear from them again...

You dear Sir or Madam are a very patient human being. A manned Ion powered ship...

And you better hope there are no ear crawling mind control insects on Duna, just in case

Good GOD those are big! Who would ever need SRBs like that?

I could think of a few uses ;) Especially good for reducing part count or complexity. And although my career safe is not there yet, once I get to station building again I definitely need this size. Those Station Science parts can get really heavy.

Heh. :) Actually the idea is to use them as lower stages, with Rhinos above. :)

Is it safe to infer 7.5m parts may be to come? I mean all the current 5m parts in SpaceY are lifters and not really efficient for middile stage unless I am missing something.

Is it safe to infer 7.5m parts may be to come? I mean all the current 5m parts in SpaceY are lifters and not really efficient for middile stage unless I am missing something.

I'm still a bit torn on it. I think it would be a fun project, but I've gotten a lot of mixed feedback about whether it would be useful, and whether it belongs in SpaceY or a separate pack.

You know, that does give me an idea. It could be a SpaceY supplemental pack that requires SpaceY as a dependency, but being an optional upgrade, no one would be forced to use it. Hmmm. I'll think on it.

Someone would need to make a mod that adds one last stage of upgrades to the VAB to give more construction space hahaha

My 2.5m rockets barely fit as it is! I haven't even unlocked the stock 3.75m parts yet, and I never used any from mods before, I can't even imagine using parts this big !:sticktongue:

I'm still a bit torn on it. I think it would be a fun project, but I've gotten a lot of mixed feedback about whether it would be useful, and whether it belongs in SpaceY or a separate pack.

You know, that does give me an idea. It could be a SpaceY supplemental pack that requires SpaceY as a dependency, but being an optional upgrade, no one would be forced to use it. Hmmm. I'll think on it.

While more options are always nice (especially when they're at the quality level of SpaceY, that was my first ever mod and I'm loving it, thanks a lot), the problem with 7.5m parts is that they would lift a 5m middle stage which doesn't exist in an efficiency-oriented form in the Space-Y parts pack. A solution might be to simply add more adapters, like 5m to x2/x3/x4 3.75m (this would of course oversize the 5m stack), 5m to x12 1.25 and maybe tweaks to the Moa clusters so they're a bit more efficient. Or if you're feeling really adventurous you could add a ginormous single 5m engine akin to the Rhino which pulls less than the Mammoth but is more efficient. I always loved that engine and the Space-Y lifters make it far less a hassle to use it in space.

Edited by More Boosters

The Kerbal Legion Of Doom (K.L.O.D.) successfully landed the Hepheastus Mk II refinery. It combines 3 drills, a processor, storage of over 20K liquid and 20K Ox. It houses 25 and has enough battery and Solar to run night and day. It is made of over 450 parts and with the exception of decals and a MechJeb unit is vanilla.

9F3720FAF1D44F09895409DC56A535DF1CC369BF

I just signed up a couple days ago, and this will be my first entry... and I couldn't be prouder... hehehe

Today (and yesterday) I launched my first Sentinel IR Telescope, and to keep in the spirit of things, I attached it to a class-A asteroid:

0obDyma.png

aUwEtxl.png

IMvx0qK.png

She's got 4 ion engines, which I was a little concerned might not be able to push a 3 ton asteroid into a solar orbit, but they did. Now I just have to wait about 200 days to maneuver her into a permanent solar orbit, and she'll be online.

Then I sent a shuttle to rescue the crew stranded in the capsule... details in my mission report.

Edited by Just Jim

Today I sent a 5 man team to land on Gilly for the explore Gilly contract. Finally landed successfully but only had 2.3k Dv left and was a bit worried I might not make it back to Kerbin. Did all the science, planted flags etc and left for the return home.

I was so busy concentrating on getting back safely it wasn't until I touched down back on Kerbin that I realised there were only 4 Kerbals on board.

Jeb is currently on his way back to Gilly with a rescue mission.......

Released my mrk II F-16. It's super fun to fly. I work extra hard on these things, I'd love some feedback.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DescriptiveHonoredBufflehead.gif

http://gfycat.com/DescriptiveHonoredBufflehead

Thread

I love the plane, but I also want to know how to do the gfycat images in posts, + rep for both!

I went to Dres, hopped my probe around to three different biomes mining science, and then ran out of fuel heading for the fourth and splattered all over the place.

That fourth biome? Dres's Impact Ejecta. Felt kind of poetic really to add my probe debris there.

I built a stock SSTO spaceplane drone, that can carry 102 t of cargo to LKO with only 82 parts.

Engine layout 8 RAPIERs, 4 Turbo Ramjets and 4 Nervas.

550+ m/s dV and 0.13 TWR in LKO.

Liquid Fuel Capacity 15155.

Oxidizer Capacity 7645.

Dry weight 69.9 t.

Full weight 184.2 t.

Max take-off weight 286.4 t.

35.6 % Payload fraction.

HsSKWji.png

More info

Today i went to the south pole of the mun, on an XP run that i did to level up four recent rescues.

Spent some time looking for something around that are that looks like a fossilized godzilla.

screenshot24.png

I actually hovered there from the equatorial base, usen the newly discovered translatron from mechjeb. I like it! translating around the surface at 200m/s while holding altitude with 5% throttle feels a lot like what rovers should have been: adventuring around in other planets. The purpose of hovering at a low altitude (got an 18m close call with a peak) was to see if i could find a point of interest, but i didn't. After reaching the south pole, i bit the bullet and googled what was close by. Managed to get to this:

screenshot26.png

The rest of the crew wouldn't come out for a pic. They felt it was cheating. I never would have found that thing by myself anyways, deep down that hole.

Today? Today I posted the second update from Year 4 for my Kanawha Space Program. Explosions! Crashes! Triumph! Jeb looking forlornly at the Mün and his rather disconnected and useless airplane wing!

20150602_ksp0101_feather10.jpg

Released my mrk II F-16. It's super fun to fly. I work extra hard on these things, I'd love some feedback.

Very nice. Especially like the synchronized flying gif.

I built a stock SSTO spaceplane drone, that can carry 102 t of cargo to LKO with only 82 parts.

Engine layout 8 RAPIERs, 4 Turbo Ramjets and 4 Nervas.

550+ m/s dV and 0.13 TWR in LKO.

Liquid Fuel Capacity 15155.

Oxidizer Capacity 7645.

Dry weight 69.9 t.

Full weight 184.2 t.

Max take-off weight 286.4 t.

35.6 % Payload fraction.

http://i.imgur.com/HsSKWji.png

More info

I improved my SSTO spaceplane drone from 35.6% payload fraction to 37.7%

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I spent several hours trying to get my, Jool-5 (low mass) challenge ship to LKO with as lite fuel as possible.

And then flying the dV starved ship to Jool, taking the Kerbin->Eve->Kerbin->Kerbin->Jool route.

Will be exiting to see if the ship has enough fuel to complete the challenge.

I might have decreased the amount of fuel a bit to much. Getting the takeoff weight below 27t took some tweaking. :cool:

Edited by Nefrums