What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Didn't do much, did make a new Mun driller though, now just have to make an overly complicated sky crane for it and figure out how to get it there.

screenshot5_zpszuydzauw.png

And I suppose it would only be right for me to make a new refinery and tanker as well...

Didn't happen today, but I forgot to post this after it happened.

My first ever Moho lander! Completely successful, as you can see.

FvzbNBA.png

Things that have happened TODAY, however, are my first successful landing on the runway with my first Mark III Space Shuttle (which is also my second ever shuttle) after deorbiting, and using said shuttle (doesn't exactly look shuttle-like on launch, though...) to carry another Moho lander into orbit. No pics, unfortunately.

Edited by Ianwubby

Been stuck in the garden for a few days. Found KSP 0.24.2 (looked like I played this install only once before) on my laptop (not that later versions are worth installing there; 1.0 doesn't even finish loading on 32 bit).

Had couple Mun and Minmus missions, unlocked half the tech tree, broke all the solar panels on reusable Mun lander...

Fun part - it runs (on reduced grafics settings) 200-part ships with almost no lag... until the terrain gets into the field of view - then it slows down several times

Built this spaceplane and got it to orbit:

mkig20c.jpg

This is a new milestone for me, first time I have managed to get a Mark 3 cargo spaceplane into orbit. Last time I tried was back in 0.90, kept failing, resolved the wait until 1.0 for the atmospheric model overhaul. It was only recently that my new career game managed to unlock the appropriate technologies.

I built a 5th generation fighter.

2 AMRAAMs

4 AIM 9s

2 Hidden Vulcans

1 Ammo Box

2 Countermeasures Pods

Top Speed: 1250 m/s due to drag (loaded)

2x JX-4 Whiplash Turboramjet Engines

Mass:13,894 kg

3.8 m Tall

10.1 meters Wide

7.9 m Long

Parts:62

Download Link:http://www./download/2g3spua99at1fnx/F-25_Perigrine.craftxtHFsfMh.jpg

This is the fastest, most stable, and yet still maneuverable plane that I have ever built.

Edited by Alphasus

It's a mod currently in development, possibly named "Mk3 Hypersonic" on release. We're nailing down some texture issues over the next couple days mainly communicating on Facebook, making a few bonus parts that I came up with during testing. A drone core (cockpit section faired over) would look really nice on that plane.

Made a few more tweeks to my mun driller, then built the tanker and converter rovers and got em to the mun, then docked em together to make a mun train!

screenshot18_zpsczygsvuj.png

When full (takes 5 days to fill ore, mono, and lf/ox) it has a blistering top speed of 4.5m/s.... But only when going downhill.

In other news Valentina successfully landed her new plane... Well ok success might be a bit much, landed though!

screenshot14_zpsqt99wjpl.png

And on the south pole Jeb tested out his new rocket car.

screenshot12_zpsoiq3k8zk.png

Tops out at just over mach 1, further revisions will be made.

It's a mod currently in development, possibly named "Mk3 Hypersonic" on release. We're nailing down some texture issues over the next couple days mainly communicating on Facebook, making a few bonus parts that I came up with during testing. A drone core (cockpit section faired over) would look really nice on that plane.

Are those wings also part of your mod(s) or just good placement?

Are those wings also part of your mod(s) or just good placement?

The circular section was constructed by B9 Procedural Wings. About half the sections have similar dimensions with the top tied together with struts :)

I kind of don't dare to try and replicate the swept-back circular wing in stock. It can be done but I have my qualms about the strutting required for the free-flying, self-supporting top half of it because it's swept way back. By the time I added enough struts to stock airfoil bits to keep it together, it might just upset the balance of the plane or look terribly odd. Thankfully B9 proc wings have decently strong joints and aeroelastic flex is kept at a believable level.

I was trying to get some courage to send my first ever Kerbals on landing mission out of Kerbin SOI. Up untol now it was just flyby or orbit. I still am not confident enogh in my designs.

Well yesterday, into way to early this morning I accomplished a lot. Put a science base on wheels on Minmus, put a 'throw away' station in orbit of the sun... EXCEPT OH CRAP BILL IS IN THERE! Thank god I had plenty of delta-v on that thing to bring it back and dock with my orbital fuel station. I need Bill to go to Duna.

I admit I time accelerated a lot to farm science from my labs. Spent nearly 2000 science last night. Today the Duna mission design and planning starts.

P.S. Oh and I finally broke down and DL'd MechJeb for 1.0, because putting things in orbit gets really tedious.

Edited by SickSix

Had an Anomaly Surveyor contract offering me 226 science and very little money to check out the crashed saucer on Mun... Using Stage Recovery to get the boosters back, this just about scraped in under budget :)

c0ggvMd.jpg

Local gas giant via New Horizons planet pack.