What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

120992636FE94C15CA1B041AC33DD7C58F78EB48

Crashed into the Mun. These guys are so cheerful because the impact destroyed 3 layers of fuel tanks, 4 radial engines, another rover, all of their RCS, all of the solar panels except those on the first rover and the landing legs. Time to launch a rescue mission! :D

Edit: Ground Control is still working out what the hell happened up there, but the chances of a rescue mission are looking slim. :0.0:

BAE6B40154E7F87646E11E69F8F6C1B1064E483B

Edited by sierra_seven_

120992636FE94C15CA1B041AC33DD7C58F78EB48

Crashed into the Mun. These guys are so cheerful because the impact destroyed 3 layers of fuel tanks, 4 radial engines, another rover, all of their RCS, all of the solar panels except those on the first rover and the landing legs. Time to launch a rescue mission! :D

Edit: Ground Control is still working out what the hell happened up there, but the chances of a rescue mission are looking slim. :0.0:

BAE6B40154E7F87646E11E69F8F6C1B1064E483B

... well... at least these two Kerbals are happy about it... ??

I put a satellite in an equatorial orbit higher than Minmus, as well as sending a plane to just above the Arctic Circle, planting a flag, and then...

*sniff*

... for the first time in ages, I lost two good Kerbals in a plane crash on the return trip from the Arctic.

R.I.P. Rodrin and Doodden Kerman.

I put another one-kerman starfighter in very low Mun orbit.

0EjyqUu.png

eyQASmi.png

I made a high-res mapsat scan of Kerbin for future Kerbin Exploration teams.

I got the correct resonant orbit, but the scan with must've changed in the latest version, it look longer than advised. Six hours real time, give or take, at 10X warp.

HDkJQJt.jpg

After another burn to map the poles, I got some good imagery.

Finally landed on Tylo. My tilt and eject deployment system worked perfectly.

6oTyIR3.png

hBEgWDY.png

Next, we're off to explore!

As well as that, I finished of my first kerbal story, a tale of how Bob rescued Bill and Jeb after/with some crazy antics on the Mun. Includes teamwork, and explosions.

Writting takes so long! But I hope you enjoy.

Edited by Tw1

Designed a Mun lander/rover, but failed at launching it- the lander works (I think), but I somehow cannot get it into orbit today ...

Launched the command module of my space station- provisional commander to be relieved soon, as it had an awsome intersect after only five orbits, so I could just undock my tug boat, catch the module and put the module in place in almost no time. Docked it - with a somewhat queer angle on the approach, but I seem to be a natural when it comes to docking maneuvers - makes up for my new inability to built working rockets for heavier payload ... a bit ...

Today I completed construction of a space station in Low Kerbin Orbit: Baile Speir. It was constructed over 6 launches, consists of 10 independent modules plus the escape craft, 219 parts (24 of which are in the escape craft), and has a mass of approximately 55.58 tonnes. (There were seven launches, but the first batch of solar arrays had defective docking ports and wouldn't release the construction tug. All those parts were written off and deorbited along with the tug.) The core of the station (and roughly the center of mass) consists of 4 small probe cores (spread radially), 2 large probe cores (along the primary axis), and 2 large ASAS modules. It maneuvers wonderfully with or without RCS (though it /is/ rather small, so that's to be expected).

Baile Speir has living space for 19 Kerbonauts (12 without putting bunks in the lab, observatory, or docking bay), and a current working crew of 4: Bill (the Rocket Killer), Bob, Elger and Johnton. Bill is the station commander, and his crew are hoping his bad luck doesn't extend beyond launch. The Obair-1/BS-1 crew is expected to remain in orbit or one Kerbin year. Bill will remain on the station indefinitely with the thanks of every tax-paying Kerbal citizen and all the KSP mission planners.

Baile Speir is currently in a clean 100km orbit (+/- ~100m) at a 0.8º inclination.

20130625_ksp1175_baile_speir.jpg

No mods were used in the construction of this station. By the time the Obair-1 crew/escape craft arrived, I could dock almost without looking. (The ease with which I moved the craft into the docking bay kinda scared me, actually. Just backed up to the port mostly parallel to the primary axis, spun the craft 90º, and the magnets kicked in at once.)

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Finally made a precision landing and added another building to my Mun base/colony/whatever. Unfortunately I accidentally forgot to fill the inflatable rooms with more Kerbals so i'm short about 12 or so which would have put me at 25 Kerbals, plus another 2 who are exploring in a third rover elsewhere. Oh well.

3o1C7

Made another attempt to refuel Eris 2 (a heavy tug that got Jeb back from Gilly not too long ago). Decided to try a Barn Burner/Downmass Tug combo (to give the Barn Burner the oomph it needed to make the 58 decree inclination change; main goal is to give Eris 2 enough gas to move into an equatorial orbit under its own power and then resupply it all the way). Having problems getting the quad docking ports to align properly for some reason. Still haven't successfully refueled Eris 2, obviously. Beginning to consider the pros and cons of just de-orbiting it...

Still waiting for the next launch window to send Bob and Bill to Duna; two weeks off, gametime-wise.

Still playing around with my superheavy tug design. The thing works; I just need to get it up into space now...

So far:

- Designed a new heavy lift booster

- Launched it with a probe to test.

- Launched it with a crew

- Accidentally jettisoned the top stage in orbit. Whoops.

- Sent up another crew, along with a station component to start my space station.

- Sent up an unmanned fuel tank on it, to act as a bowser for future missions.

- Plotted the design of a munshot.

- Designed, launched, and got a space station into a stable orbit. Hell YES. Now to crew it.

Edited by Skorpychan

A lot of things. Except for my challenge entries here's a short list.;

Make a one-ship station + 2 landers + 2 probes ship. Is succesfully deployed around Dres.

Working on a secret little mod project ;)

Some other stuff - don't remember what.

Oh shi- i was supposed to study for my politics exams for tomorrow :0.0:

I made a Chinook!

And it flies better than any other stock helicopter I have ever seen.

How do you get rotating stock parts?

Well, if do doesnt mean accomplished ...

Shot up a rescue boat to collect two crews stranded in orbit - missfired while distracted, emptied fuel tanks and put it into a Kerbol orbit crossing Kerbin's and Eve's.

Watched the boat at 100.000x speed for about 7 game years - how to find out if it will ever interact with one of the two planets? Finally a reason to start designing that interplanetary cruiser.

Redesigned the rescue boat and aligned orbit with the first stranded crew - again.