What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today, I buzzed the tower completely by accident. I'd been mucking around with an Albatros 3 and the MKII iva mod, and was kinda heading straight for the SPH.

hBm5zhL.jpg

That mod iva is awesome. Tested a few things, and it turns out there's quite a bit of room under that dome.

oLNOAmz.jpg

Also pretty much completed the vessel for my brave solo Eve colonist to be.

Managed to finally get the glass bottom working, using a cockpit rather than the cupola. It doesn't tend to explode when submerged in water.

UQc2xJS.png

Took some photos to be used in the story I've been writing as well.

I had an absolutely miserable day yesterday, lost a favorite gadget on the train. If I had only checked my seat. ;.;;.;

But had some fun in kerbal.

Yesterday, I was off and played KSP all day. I assembled the main components of my space station:

KSSPX0_zpsaf31df57.jpg

KSSPX1_zps4c3b84f0.jpg

ksspx2_zpsd8ce6dc7.jpg

Flew a second mission to deliver an escape vehicle and the rest of the crew: (later re-docked into a better position for station balance)

KSSPX3_zpsd6806c02.jpg

And finally flew two more missions to deliver refueling modules to the station:

KSSPX4_zpsbb929b88.jpg

I got a lot more practice in manual docking, learned a bit more about rendezvous (but still not enough to try that part manually) and I have a fully operational orbital fuel depot for future missions!

Edited by HeadHunter67

Today I found out my rover can catch some good Duna air while it makes its way to my stranded Kerbals:

E8CFAB37EB41ABC38DC0A86585C6B1D60943C521

5130A669E59AFF95935B21BB2AF04446DB08A774

Also noticed that I drove over 30 km from my initial rover landing spot with not sight for the distance away from mystranded Kerbals.

Today I went to Duna for the first time! Two Kerbals and a rover - but I might have to mount a rescue mission since I doubt that lander has enough fuel to get back to Kerbin... should've built a separate interplanetary stage that could be left in orbit.

zJLnGD8.png

I was taking care of my challenge, also I tested and tweaked my pegasus-style launche vehicle

ddvKBCt.jpg

sQyCKoP.jpg

Launched the Rocket a second to late, I allready had a flame out and the Plane startet to drift..

hbONfyv.jpg

iXwpnLf.jpg

Anyways, I still got this satelite into münar orbit

Designed & launched the first part of a mining op, testing on Mun first. Spent way too long trying to land it all in the dark, but eventually got the base modules down. Found I'd blown my part budget for the whole base and am down to 3fps :(

9406311546_41f52516e2_c.jpg

Mining continues in the dark! until the batteries run out anyway.

9403554835_5c6d5059cf_c.jpg

With the better built in SAS on capsules, My probe and single kerbal capsule payload rockets are very similar in performance with the capsule ones being slightly heavier then the probe. The 1/2 ton SAS module is not needed on the capsule payload. Both probe and capsule designs have thruster pack final stages. I used thrusters alone to bring Jeb back from Mun orbit to a reentry window with 40% fuel left in the 100 unit thruster fuel tank. Probably could have done that with the third stage alone had I removed the unneeded 1/2 ton added SAS from that design which I have now done.

The new SAS setup is making gravity turn flight so much easier. SAS torque can cause slow rotation when steering manually. That same rotation can also be caused by tracking solar arrays on one other's player's wacky ion drive powered design.

Edited by SRV Ron

Started construction on my new space station after Rocas knocked a piece off... the clumsy oaf later knocked a piece off of the lander that I was using to deliver a rover to Mun.. after a stop to Minmus to pick up the stranded Bob (care package landed on his ship...). Plan was to stop for fuel, go to minmus since the old station was way out there anyway, and swing by Mun on the way home to drop off the rover and then home. Ended up landing on Mun because of a flaw in the design of the rover, or rather I packed the wrong rover (this one was designed for landing on Duna and had chutes rather than thrusters) somehow in Rocas's EVA he managed to knock the command capsule off the lander... He was trying to be all cowboy and land right on the hatch and I guess hit the capsule just right to knock it off the ship.

So once again, Bob and Rocas are stranded on Mun. I was also planning a probe ship for Jool, I think I will build a lander to go to Mun, pick up Rocas, return to the station when it is completed, hope he doesn't break anything, and make my Jool probe a manned probe...

I decided I need to set down a ground marker at the Armstrong Memorial so that my guys on the Doing it Apollo Style challenge would have a target to aim for. Sent three missions to Mun; the first a Hellrider 7 rover, the second an Apocalypse 7 capsule and the third another Hellrider (the first two missions had to get reverted on account of gross mission failure, see - one of which would've cost me a Kerbalnaut had I let it stand). The third Hellrider is now in the vicinity of the Memorial...or at least, it should be; the debug window's coordinates say I should be there according to kerbalmaps, while the tracking station says I'm too far to the east-northeast still. Houston, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over...

I think today I'll be investigating what's going on and see if I can't get the rover into position tonight. She's in good shape so far; landed well and hasn't had any bits blown off aside from the ladder (happened when it overturned at 25 m/s, so that's understandable). Probably taking off the self-righting system has helped; turns out the unit's probe chassis provides sufficient rotational torque to upright it on Mun, and it's equipped with a Reaction Wheel as well. She's gotten some pretty awesome hang time going over some of those craters. It does concern me that she can still gain speed with the brakes on and reverse gear engaged on some of those downhills...

I launched my programs newest ship, the first (in this save) built entirely in space.

DSX MK IV: KSP Jebediah

Rocas doing his pre-flight checklist

ScreenShot062_zps2ac6b99e.jpg

Dropping a probe that will later be picked up and de-orbited around Laythe

ScreenShot065_zps9ad39e95.jpg

Just cruising about...

ScreenShot066_zps08bf66e4.jpg

Next step is to go back into orbit with the sun, and then off into the middle of nowhere so I will never have to see that clutz err hero Rocas again.

I did an experiment.

54QwV0l.png

XFlgEXX.png

Cheated, yeah, but my excuse is the rovers I sent previously should've been able to collect samples to compare densities that way.

May need to make my Eve amphibious thing a little more buoyant some how.

I finished of this:

AEuZqWI.png

Runway markers.

Without flat land to land on, boat was the only way to get there. Managed to climb the slopes. Maybe I'll be able to land on the runway now.

Tested an Eve landing system.

6z6Wrxr.png

Bob was smiling. I think I have enough parachutes.

Edited by Tw1

From a couple of days ago but it's the latest stuff I've done, landed the stock 2-part Lander thing in a canyon on Mun:

2013-07-29_00003.jpg

And as an exercise in practicing landing at / near the same site I put together a 1-man Science / Comms station on Mun. First was my Stayputnik Lander Probe to do an initial site survey and act as a target marker, followed that with the rover / skycrane assembly and finally the main lander with Doodcan Kerman at the helm.

2013-07-30_00001.jpg

I'm slowly getting better at landing though I'm not very precise (initial landings within 2-3km of the target site) so I had to do a couple of little hops with the rover and lander units to get them to where the probe was, hence the leg that fell off! Next time I'll use bigger legs :D.

I made a science module for my KSS-Phoenix space station, using Lionhead's Zeus telescope, ph34b0t's Sensor Module (incorporates all 4 science instruments into one disk), and Kujuman's "Kerbal Science Foundation" science module (an older mod, but it still works in 0.21 if installed in the old manner). Now my station can do SCIENCE!

4science_zps8fc9bea1.jpg

I got the Kethane Traveling Circus checked out for its tour of the Duna/Ike system. Much to my surprise, the pieces actually worked in Kerbin orbit. Next stop, LDO :).

Here we have the KethLab Mothership station (assembled from 2 main parts plus an abandoned tug) with Ike Drilling Rig #1 (lower left) and the Keth-o-Plane with its tug (lower right) docked with it. In the actual mission plan, these vehicles aren't even launched in the same window but do need to get together at Duna.

84xq4Y2.jpg

I'm in the market for a better name for the Keth-o-Plane. DERP (Duna Exploration whatever) is already taken. Any suggestions?

Built an entry for the April Fool's Day Challenge. Actually got the orange tank up there but wound up with a bit too much crap lying around. May try again before the night's said and done.

Still searching for the NAM. Now I'm too far to the west.

I'm working on a ridiculously fast and agile SSTO, it features two turbojet and 9 intakes, weights around 5.5 tons, and gets to orbit very easily (MECO (well AECO -atmospheric engine cut off-) @ 65km alt. & 2.3km.s^-1 or so, the apo was like 150km) and... lacks energy, or a pilot, or both. I'll add a few passive solar panels. Oh and it goes at mach 1 at about 5.5km alt :) that's just how powerful it is. (mach 3 @ 10km or so)

If you want the craft file, just ask :)

Edited by Cheaterman

Shuttle squeaked back to Kerbin with hardly any fuel left, so no way was it making it to the surface ( it's wingless and not actually designed for it anyway ) - so I suddenly found the need for a station, which I'd not bothered with until now.

9415338636_0bb8f9aefe_c.jpg

I suspect I'll need a bigger fuel dump, but for once I've not built something that murders fps by itself...