What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I did a complete reinstall of KSP after somehow breaking my old one (don't ask). Reinstalled all the mods I like, added a new one (EVA parachutes). Went through and pruned all the mods of things I don't use, like the fairings on NovaPunch (I use procedural fairings). And then I started career mode over.

Then I realized that I could do onion staging before unlocking radial decouplers by using stack seperators and structural girders. Worked fairly well though I was spinning extremely fast during my ascent.

Added to my Ball Prob Delta craft, side drop fuel tanks, to get as much fuel up in orbit as possible for light parts rocket - science mission(s) challenge. A lot of parts and boy did it grow in size - but it works :-) hbXcWqv.jpg

Achieving orbit with lots of fuel to reach the other planets and moons. DFlewU9.png

-BJQ

Edited by BJ Quest

Refilled the life support juice on my Kethane lander in Jool orbit, then landed on Vall. I'm doing a small sort of Grand Tour, hitting Ike (already done but I forgot to take screenshots :(), Dres, Vall, Bop, Pol, Eeloo, and Gilly. The lander can also do the Mun and Minmus, but where's the fun in that? Maybe I'll hit them on the way back. Anyway, I'll have to send another care package to Eeloo and probably to Dres on the way back to the inner planets so that Wehrzon can stay among the living.

Also, I ran out of fuel about ten meters from the surface of Vall, landed at some 10m/s. These new landing legs are real nice.

JepBEle.jpg

smvKC4v.jpg

MAUH9vJ.png

Doing Career mode with lots and lots of mods.

Landed a probe on Minmus. Using Remotetech. So had to plan the aproch so periapsis was towards kerbin so i could to circular burn while still being in contact with kerbin. Then flew a few orbits and landed as kerbin had come around so mission control was pointed towards Minmus (for lowest possible delay on controls). Had also planned the mission so Minmus had sun on the side towards kerbin, so batteries wouldnt run out. Felt relly proud that the planning had gone so well:D. But soon this feeling changed.

Then i send a manned lander for the Mun (Jeb was planned to be first kerbin on the mun). Turned out a Kerbal can´t enter a horisontal ship when the ladder is on bottom side (keep flying off). So Jeb was doomed to a slow dead from lack of oxygen in Kerbol orbit (also use TAC life support).

Kerbal kind mourned its loss but quickly send a new manned lander for the Mun (this time with a noname Kerbal). A little timewarp mistake later Lander only had 1 hour of oxygen/food/water left. No name Kerbal knowing he didn´t have time to retur, decided to land on the mun to collect science and be the first Kerbal there. Valueble info was collected, but first Kerbal on the Mun also died there.

Ended the day by not realising i had Remotetechs autopilot on as i tried to drop a few more probes on the Mun. So was fighting over control with the auto pilot. He didn´t want to go same way as me and i crashed all 4 probes and delivery rocket on the Mun.

Was not a good day for mission control.

Same old, same old :) I've landed Science Lander on Duna, Jeb planted the flag, Bob joined him for photo op. There was nothing spectacular in lander's vicinity, so after gathering bunch of science guys took off. Next target of the mission was Ike. Transfer went without a hitch, more science was gathered. Braking burn. Circularisation burn. Undocking from nuclear Interplanetary Transfer Vessel. Retrograde burn. Braking burn...Game crashed when lander was about 1000 meters above the surface. Aaarrgghhh! :huh: Second attempt from quicksave in orbit tonight. At least i have some pics to show:

dAd4zHx.png

Jeb standing next to Isis lander and freshly planted flag.

zq73r0Z.png

Jeb and Bob posing for Kerbal Astronautic Monthly cover.

z6vY3JD.png

Isis and Nut ITV near Ike, just after finishing circularisation burn. Also nice shot of Duna.

4wPTqfo.png

Isis heading towards landing zone...just before reality malfunction. Another nice picture of Duna over Ike's horizon.

Detached unparachuted booster DIRECTLY UPWARDS after re-entry. Did not think it would actually strike the command pod and vaporize Jeb. There's always that 0.01% not-directly-upwards type thing because it's not like I can aim perfectly. Sorry Jeb.

-snip-

Landed a lot of these around the globe. Although I don't play with remotetech, they will be like my little deep space network. Also landed an empty one near the KSC for target practice.

It's really going to bite if you go back to them and realize the wind kraken took all your solar panels. :'(

Right this is my first image post in any forum ever so it probobly won't work.

This should be "Probey" leaving kerbin.

leaving_kerbin.png

Suck it Mun leaving you in the dust.:cool:

mun_driveby.png

This is my first trip to minimus. My options were limited by the battery life so I couldn't land or orbit dure to not lasting long enough to get a retroburn.

minimus_aproach.png

I like to do very low passes even if they have many disadvantadges. Lowest point.

minimus_lowest_point.png

It looks to me that this orbit may one day take "Probey" into a very close perapsis of minimus, one without aposis.

ending_orbit.png

This is what I did in kerbals today also posted first pics in forum hopefully.

Today was the main event for my long-term Duna mission in terms of getting everything out to Duna and set up. I've got it all recorded on video, so it'll probably be made into a series or a one-shot at some point. Naturally I had to make it slightly more challenging, so I included TAC Life Support.

leaving_kerbin.png

mun_driveby.png

minimus_aproach.png

minimus_lowest_point.png

ending_orbit.png

First time posting pics anywhere ever the forum ate my first try so here it is, my drive by of minimus in the ship "Probey".

AAAAAAAANNDD the pictures don't work, stupid internet.:mad:

Probably MediaFire being... well... as per usual, actually. I can see them if I go right to the URL, but turning around and trying to insert that same URL into a reply to you resulted in broken images again.

Try Imgur instead? :]

Today I apparently violated the universal laws of physics, and turned my entire Duna research mission into a subterranean archaeology dig.

screenshot628.png

What was my sin, most foul and unspeakable?

I edited the persistent file to remove ONE (1) teeny, tiny little cube strut that was jammed in the middle of the service platform's docking port, preventing the Sherpa from docking with it to refuel. Apparently those cube girders are just barely held in this plane of existence by a whim, and now I've angered the Breaker himself. D:

screenshot630.png

Forgive me, oh powerful and merciful lord of the kerbalverse!!!

(On a related note: Jeb now has a new listing on KBay for one used deployable landing pad and Sherpa dropship. Contents of package may "settle" during shipping, and seller cannot be responsible for damages.)

Edited by Deadweasel

the forum ate my first try... stupid internet.:mad:
The forum didn't eat it. Your first few posts must be approved by a moderator just in case you are a sneaky spambot, so there was a delay before the first try went through. You should be past that limitation now, though. As for the pics, yeah, try Imgur and use their BBCode link. :)

Today I had to rescue Jeb from a botched science mission on the moon. The plan was to land, do one crater hop, and then return to Kerbin. It ended up that there wasn't enough dV due to a poorly done crater hop and Jeb ended up stranded in an eccentric orbit around the Mun after about 10 minutes of getting out and pushing. After getting tired of pushing, I sent Bill to pick up Jeb in orbit with a light Mun orbiter. The rendezvous was quick and Jeb made one last transmission from the stranded lander before abandoning ship in Munar orbit. Jeb and Bill returned to Kerbin with a splashdown in the middle of the ocean. MET was roughly 17 hours.

duna_expedition.jpg

Now with a screenshot!

The expedition goes well. The station Mothership orbits above, with about a half-dozen craft docked to it (2 fuel tugs, 2 crew buses, a skycrane, the mission rovers, and the spare life support containers). Meanwhile, Ike is being mined for Kethane to convert into fuel, which will then be ferried back to the station and help the Kerbals in their endeavours in the Duna system. They could still abandon mission if they wanted at this point, but where's the fun in that?

[TABLE=width: 800]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]The Duna Exploration mission continued its remote testing of Kurb Burner A1, but somebody got a little too lead-footed on the controls...

output_4HwzQH.gif

...so...

The Duna Exploration mission continued its remote testing of Kurb Burner A1-A. After reaching the accident point and collecting a couple of the parts from the wreck for later analysis, the trip continued on.

BurnerCam: looking out over the rough valley preceding the rim of Valles Cicatrix itself

screenshot622_edit.png

Leaping along the final ridge lining the canyon

screenshot631.png

At the precipice of Valles Cicatrix

screenshot633.png

screenshot635.png

screenshot636.png

Jebediah elected to use A1-A's beacon as a guide to fly out to the base of the canyon

screenshot649.png

screenshot652.png

screenshot654.png[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I restarted career mode again. Sent a probe out to do sciency stuff in deep space until it ran out of power, saw I had a mun encounter on its way out of the soi and cut the engines at just the right time to get a sling shot back to kerbin.

I decided to repurpose the mission and return it to kerbin for a big science boost but forgot that since I didn't intend for it to return I had no chutes, and its engine wasn't strong enough to land.

So with that in mind I launched the KDSSEP MK II (after unlocking solar pannels) and repeated the same mission.

screenshot1_zpsaad8b22f.png

After spending some time orbiting kerbol I decided to try and send it to moho, I had enough fuel to make the trip but not enough to make the course correction I needed.

So then I launched the KDSSEP MK III which was slightly redisgned, also included thermometer and barometer and a bit more fuel. Again had a mun encounter so decided this time since I remembered I forgot parachutes to just land on the mun even though I had no landing legs.

screenshot5_zps6885e86b.png

Managed to set down gentile enough that the engine is still good! But I did tip over so its stuck there doing experiments which is ok.

I did a lot today.

First I went back to the mun to get more science.

My second mission of the day was creating a vessel which Jeb flew up to drop 4 communication satellites on an equatorial orbit at the 1000 km mark to provide complete omni comm coverage for low Kerban orbit, and for the surface. I'm running with remote tech so this is actually pretty important.

My third mission was to set up a long distance comm satellite with the intention of launching a probe/comm sat in Duna's orbit. I decided to put this nifty satellite around Minmus at about 750 km on an polar orbit.

The fourth mission was finally sending the probe out to Duna. Had a little hiccups and miscalculations since I decided to do most of the maneuver nodes manually instead of using mechjeb resulting in my burning the mass majority of my fuel just so I could get into Duna's orbit. Fortunately it was enough, and now Kerban and Duna are connected via satellite.

My next planned missions are to set up more coverage Duna in hopes of sending down some rovers to explore and collect science. More planned Mun missions with a rover for Kerbals to drive so I can visit other places and collect more science. I also want to start setting up a space station around Kerban, and the Mun, as well as building a Mun base that will drill for Kethane so I can eventually send Kerbals to Duna.