What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Tweaked the Auk VIII again - flew it twice yesterday. First time I ran out of gas and the engines started flaming out too early. Second time, with more intakes added and a change to my ascent profile, I made it. Launched a target vehicle and I'll see how she handles docking tonight.

Launched an ion probe/rover to Duna. I'm actually pretty proud of this mission and I intend to replicate it on Eve and possibly Laythe. Firstly I got to use my shuttle which is great.

JR9dUTF.jpg

and even though the wheels broke on landing (needs more chutes) it didn't really matter as there's only one biome on Duna at present, so I got just as much science.

Nm93pQg.jpg

I landed my Mobile Base on Duna, now I plan to bring in a Science Pod to connect upto it.

These are the outtakes from the failed landings, I needed way more parachutes! But I managed to bring it down safe using the engine core I was going to leave in orbit.

While working on a plugin I'm developing, Kerbal Construction Time, I managed to accidentally bring all of the KSC into the VAB. Needless to say, this will not be included in the final version :sticktongue:

cgkOWyd.jpg

D2YMkey.jpg

Edited by magico13
added second image

While working on a plugin I'm developing, Kerbal Construction Time, I managed to accidentally bring all of the KSC into the VAB. Needless to say, this will not be included in the final version :sticktongue:

http://i.imgur.com/cgkOWyd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D2YMkey.jpg

Well, to be fair, it would increase efficiency to have everything all in one place. Maybe that's the requirement for insta-launch rockets? :D

Got an interplanetary stage on the way to Moho for the first time. It will be my second interplanetary landing - first one resulted in Shepvis getting marooned on Duna. I'll go get him eventually, but I'm still trying to open up the last few things on the tech tree, and he's got a KSC standard-issue volleyball to keep him company anyway.

Moho doesn't seem like the easiest intercept. I'm going to burn almost all of the remainder of my interplanetary stage to match inclinations, which gives me an intercept but with way too much velocity... then I've got to use my orbital-capture stage for a massive change of trajectory to get into orbit... it's gonna be tight. Pilot Lars Kerman might be the next to be marooned. FOR SCIENCE! :D

Turns out my launcher wasn't quite powerful enough to lift 80 tons. I had to throw on an additional 200 tons of fuel to make it work.

http://youtu.be/h-p8Xtt7-Mc

Now I'm so burned out I don't think I will actually do the Mars mission, especially since larger parts and more stable connections are just around the corner =)

But... It works! And I know I can do a 3 man Mars mission with 80 tons in LEO, and I'll get to it someday!

Edited by maccollo

...of course you launched it, rigth?

I hope so, We want pics!

I've been working on a new piece of Kerbal Insanity. Video is rendering now. ^^

Here's a little preview.

E3667A54C1CCBF79B7EF90D57077E56E7BE566C6

I call it the Krakenfire 6.

Edited by Xacktar

I hope so, We want pics!

I've been working on a new piece of Kerbal Insanity. Video is rendering now. ^^

Here's a little preview.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/433772397750009691/E3667A54C1CCBF79B7EF90D57077E56E7BE566C6/

I call it the Krakenfire 6.

LOL I love the lone Kerbal down there, innocently inspecting the structure so he looks busy and therefore ineligible for selection as a test fire subject.

So, as Kerbin despaired at the loss of our heroes, somebody found plans for a bigger booster in a forgotten simulator file. Rongel Kerman stepped up and said "I promise, I will never die!"

DPKxr6m.png

It was a jiggly ride, but the booster got them all the way to Moho using the power of the Mainsails.

1etVD19.png

Finished off the booster on a Moho impact course, then a 27 min burn to capture... I need rest now.

Edited by NoPanShabuShabu

Tried to see if I had it in me to build a whackjob-style mega-ultraship, and in so doing discovered that even though they like to spontaneously decouple when on an actual ship, by themselves orange tanks can be stacked at least 8 high without breaking. I blame "KSP Physics," and am now awaiting the next patch as eagerly as ever.

The last few days were again full of near misses and a few bugs/crashes - to lessen the latter my Kerbals came up with an omni-presence-control-device (in player terms: pulled RemoteTech until patched).

My Kethane lifter returned from my fully operational Kethane outpost. As an rp twist I swapped the outpost's crew with the tanker's (of one each). Desperately low on fuel (oh, the irony ...) I not only had to fly three times at 45km to aerobrake, but I also launched a service-craft to a. bring two more probes to the Duna ship, b. refuel the tanker a bit, c. relief the tanker/outpost crewman, d. return him with some science carried over from Mun to Kerbin.

Encounters were very favorably this time and it took only a few orbits and minor adjustments to get into at least 50km every time. The service-craft delivered the RCS powered probes via fly-by-wire and then adjusted its orbit to meet with the tanker and pump its remaining fuel into it; deorbited using RCS only. The tanker then lower its AP and stopped 25m from the Duna Expedition Ship with only 22m/s worth of fuel left. All Kethane was transfered successfully and the tanker's orbit lowered by app. 20km.

Activation protocols and premliminary tests onboard the DES were completed satisfactory - only the nuclear engines would not accept the Kethane ... only hours before the transfer window KSC is working frantically to sort out this newest kerbing of the engineering staff. (in player terms: I somehow made a booboo and fumbled my modding of the engines to use Kethane ...)

Got far enough to manage this:

uUURA8Y.png

tHSE3xD.png

Only for the save file to corrupt. Luckily, I've long since made a habit of saving as separate saves as I go along, rotating them out, to protect against such trouble. I reload the previous version. Corrupted. The previous of that. Corrupted. Five saves back, I find an undamaged version. But three hours work? Poof.