What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Went to bed before posting about it but yesterday, I finished and did a shake-down run of a science supply chain to easily harvest the rest of the science from Mun. It consists of a low-orbiting Munar station; a reusable lander that can detach from the station, land, collect data, then bring itself back up, re-dock, transfer science (via Kerbal) to the station, refuel, and repeat; and the key element, a "Science Shlepper" craft with a bunch of extra command pods allowing it to bring large amounts of data back to Kerbin for maximum credit.

I'm gonna find out if it's possible to clear the tech tree without leaving Kerbin's SOI (except maybe a little bit for "high over the Sun" data).

Totally possible. All of the Mun science should be about 12,000. All Minmus is 9,702. Not including stuff like "Recovered a ship from Mun orbit."

Haha. I'm ok with that.

Some good ones there already.

I've had that happen. I planted one on the VAB roof, found it on the side building, fallen over.

Yeah, I've had them glitch over before too, and that's probably what happened to the KSC Runway flag. The Island however I think is when Jeb (may he rest in peace) tried landing IVA on the island. Since we know that the Island runway is at 133 m above sea level, he was shooting for that level. Unfortunately, that doesn't work when you are watching the above ground level altimeter... He survived that one.

Edit: You would think that it means that you were OK since you were actually higher than you thought. It went more like this: Ok, coming in at a decent level... Woah? I am totally not dropping like a stone! Holy crap, that's the AGL! How high are we? I can't tell from the cockpit! Fly up! Bam! How did you survive that Jeb?"

Edited by NoPanShabuShabu

Well, I lost patience, so after landing my - strangely slow - Mun rover and taking a quick stroll around my Kethane site there, I put the universe into overdrive to get my Duna scouting probe and Duna Expedition One to their destination.

The scout arrived at SOI only to suddenly miss the encounter??

Will have to revert to a backuped save file ...

I dabbled with the crew taxi again, but I just cannot space plane for the life of a Kerbal ...

Overfloater, that little shuttle's, well there's no other word for it, cute :P

I've continued to experiment with my shuttles, and managed to get a side mounted design working well. It'll be ferrying Jebidiah back down to Kerbin's surface once he's back from his Duna expedition.

Playing with the laggy unpredictable donuts tank rocket. No braces allowed.

Aul5Riz.jpg

Matched with the right engine, flight becomes quite stable where the 100 tank donuts can almost do a SSTO.

Q5b6jcg.jpg

Just don't accelerate time. The slinky effect will rip it apart.

http://i.imgur.com/Aul5Riz.jpg

Matched with the right engine, flight becomes quite stable where the 100 tank donuts can almost do a SSTO.

http://i.imgur.com/Q5b6jcg.jpg

That's really... phallic.

Overfloater, that little shuttle's, well there's no other word for it, cute :P

I've continued to experiment with my shuttles, and managed to get a side mounted design working well. It'll be ferrying Jebidiah back down to Kerbin's surface once he's back from his Duna expedition.

I just don't understand what is it with the big orange thing & the 2 SRB's people keep attaching to it... xD

Oh my lard, it's almost like the floppy rocket from uToob ;D

Installed KAS. Played around with it a bit. Mainly spent the evening farting around attempting to build a crash cart for the Auk VIII, something to refuel it and haul it back to the end of the runway after it lands (just 'cause). Had issues with it - probably because I've never attempted to build a rover that massive before (case in point, the Burning Hearse 7, my large Kerbal bus, came in at about ten tonnes. This thing was topping fifty before it was set and done.

I had to. I just had to do it.

139238718689715.jpg

Yesterday I landed my Mun Science lander for my career mode series on youtube, but somehow the recording software buggered up so I lost all of the stuff before the landing. I have the rest of the video though so I will post what I have, but I am disappointed with what happened though. I guess I should have waited for my my online class to be done so I was not as distracted while trying to do the filming. The whole mission though was a bit of a mess as my fuel lines on my side tanks were not connected and caused me to have to work more as I left Mun. One bright side to the mission though was that I got to see the Mun Arch as I was leaving, I thought I seen it as I was landing, but I was not sure at the time.

After a long time reading, i decided to post here too. :)

Started my first attempt on getting any ship back to Kerbin after Orbitig another Planet.

So, I launched my Artreus (Transport vessel, with dockable stages (Apargus Staging) with lots of dV (3 Stages with an overall dV of about 15000m/s) a huge dV overkill vor orbiting duna, ike and back to Kerbin.

Anyway instead of a lander or Satelite i docked a Sience module containing a few Material Bay's, Goo containers and so forth. I intended to leave Artreus in LKO for refueling (and redocking, as I used up one of the stages) and deorbit the Sience Module.

Back in Kerbin Orbit i recognized i forgot any propulsion on this module.. so I decided to try aerobrakeing with the artreus, so i can undock and circularize Artreus's orbit afterwards and let the module deorbit.

With my balls of steel I forgot to quicksave, and crushed the artreus on Kerbin. :cool: (I thougt "I'm going fast, i need to aerobrake deep into the atmosphere" :( ) Luckily the module survived(parachutes ftw) with its 2k sience on board. :)

Next Mission: do the same to Eve and Gilly.

Stationed my Minmus Orbital Science Station in orbit around the green cheese moon. Next up is sending a lander and mining out the science from the new biomes to complete my tech tree. Also it is a test for future interplanetary science-extraction efforts.

5pdh.jpg

Made yet another vacuum lander, and did some Minmus biome hopping. An extremely overpowered lifting stage - basically the same thing I used to lift the big tank module to Station Aleph - and some planned fuel redundancy meant that reports, samples, temperature readings and seismic data could all be gathered from three separate biomes and still be able to return with a whole spare tank of fuel when landing. Just a small tank though, the one initially available. So that was 1200 science in one mission, a new PB.

Afterwards, continued work on my first space station (Station Aleph), adding a command module with a Cupola, and a little extra length which also had my new Gigantor arrays. Not sure what else I'm going to put on that thing, but so far in making it I've learned quite a bit about docking and station design. Still need a shuttle-thing, and possibly a better SSTO. Might do those together.

Last night I launched the core module for Elysium Station, my first LKO station, into a nice circular 150km orbit:

1024x576.resizedimage

The core module comprises liquid fuel storage, mono-propellant storage, electricity generation and storage and the docking arms for other modules and ships. It also has an engine and OKTO core that will be useful if I need to move the station to avoid debris or for decommissioning.

Tonight I plan to launch the crew habitat module comprised of cupola, hitchhiker crew quarters and a science lab. Bill and Bob refused to man anything piloted by Jeb so I've recruited 5 new victims brave Kerbonaughts for the mission.

I went to Moho for the first time today. I got extremely lucky. As it was doing the burn from Kerbin to Moho, i got an Eve ecounter too. So i went to Eve to wait for a Moho launch window there. While i was slowing down to Eve orbit, i got a Moho ecounter, without even getting into Eve orbit yet. Now, i have officially landed everywhere, except on Jool.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Uploaded my first "real KSP video" on the YouTubes. I tried to put in explanations to why I did certain things. Also, I used some more Kevin Macleod music (along with another piece).

The previous "video" I uploaded consisted mostly of a slide show with some video at the end.

Warning - Easter Egg / Anomaly SPOILERS in the video.

The rest of the mission report for anyone interested, in the... Mission Reports subforum: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64251-Jool-Mission-Discovery-2-A-Space-Oddity-%28updated-2-14-with-better-video%21%29