What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I had the first testrun with my heavy Cargo Plane.

I think there might still be some "minor" issues i need to fix.

faPEG7K.jpg

I like the way the kerbals don't seem bothered in the slightest. "Oh look, the sky."

Just did a fly-by of Moho as part of the Mission Controller mod. Didn't think I'd be able to get there, especially not on a budget, but this mod is really challenging me.

WSS533U.jpg

Question: Does anyone know how to install the icons for Mission Controller? Tired of that weird mesh at the bottom.

I built an escape chair, basically its a probe core, command chair, and life saver fuel tank with an ant engine on the bottom. Fully loaded with a Kerbal it gets 1600m/s delta-V. Obviously the only way to return from the Mun or Minmus

Decided to land in the mountains on Minimus instead of the plains like usual. Jeb found a canal. Or maybe the equator. (Or maybe just a graphical glitch...)

It's where you swipe your credit card to pay for parking. :)

I build a new lifter stage, complete with return parachutes on the core as well as specifically placed struts to keep the whole thing solid and steady. Only to discover that it has a MASSIVE rotation problem. It gets to orbit, but what orbit is anybody's guess.

I know what I'll be doing tonight after work.

Have been playing the game for a week now. My new rocket design (lander with rover attached and a return craft to orbit) hat 2 fuel lines mountet wrong, so jeb, bill and bob ended up in orbit around kerbin with no hope of getting back. Desided to rescue them and quickly designed a rocket with room for the extra passengers (who better to fly it than Jebs clone :D). So first successfull rescue mission completed yesterday :D.

Finally starting to learn how to get 2 crafts close to eachother and board. But f*ck it's so hard just looking at the navball when controling. So often i look and my craft and try to stear it like that (and make everything worse because it's upside down and at an strange angle).

This game is so fun :D

As it was past midnight and timezones wont always fit the thread title anyway:

Tried to further built my space station only to realize that my docking ports on the first part in orbit are the wrong way ...

Tried to refuel my orbital mover in what also was my first attempt of a orbital rendezvous and ran out of fuel while aligning orbits ...

Put up a new better nicer station core in orbit which finally gave me my first construction in space shaking and wobbling by itself ...

Called it a night.

I tried a new lander design, which didn't have quite enough fuel tankage.

Because I was trying to save fuel, I didn't kill all the horizontal velocity before touching down.

Because I didn't kill all the horizontal velocity, it tipped over.

Because it tipped over, one of the truss-mounted engines broke off.

So now I am developing a new new lander design, which can rescue the original crew from their broken, radiation-spewing, spacecraft.

Added another pod to the third stage, added landing gear to the three pod third stage, using six clustered rockets for the first stage instead of four, eliminated the fins. The Nova design is now spin stable, landing gear solved that problem, with two Kerbals heading for Jool with lots of fuel in the third stage and full fourth stage for return. This design will take them anywhere in the Kerbal system including a Voyager launch. It can only do moon landings or orbital missions at present.

I got my Mun base started. Was able to land the communications tower near an arch (after a few quick save reloads), next I will try and land the habitat module nearby and then a buggy and science module. After that I'm out of ideas for that base.

I de-orbited a test ship and also got Jeb down, then set to work building a 96 ton space tug for interplanetary work. Some six failed launches later I got the tug into LKO and subsequently found out that engines forward of COM are garbage for gimbal control, so I'll probably crash that tomorrow and redesign it. At least I have a good launch vehicle...