What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

CTRL+L would be a wise move once you have gotten to a stage you do not wish to accidentally let go. I tend to rest my thumb over the space bar a lot and have finally started using this trick again.

Thats a reason why i made control to be my staging button, T to be my precision controls and the space bar to be my sas on/off

Edited by Tripzter

Did all the plane changes for my 12 ships inbound to Jool, got my Kethane Scanner into orbit around Bop and begun scanning, launched a hab and replacement crew to my minmus kethane base and successfully made a shuttle of sorts in my test save.

Yesterday involved sending those 12 ships on their way to Jool.

Did all the plane changes for my 12 ships inbound to Jool, got my Kethane Scanner into orbit around Bop and begun scanning, launched a hab and replacement crew to my minmus kethane base and successfully made a shuttle of sorts in my test save.

Yesterday involved sending those 12 ships on their way to Jool.

So much work, I wouldn't even bother if I had to do all that. I didn't start interplanetary travel until I could make a single ship to do the whole mission. :)

As for what I'm doing today, I came back to Jool and placed an antimatter farm. Doing orbital manuvers right now to optimize my orbit in the van allen belt.

AgRw4Md.png

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Built a crawler. I was slightly disappointed to find that it wasn't nearly the size of the built-in invisible insta-crawler judging by the width of the tracks, but hey, it still can carry rockets places. And it can actually go at a decent clip of around 9 m/s, although that tends to lead to wheels breaking off going over bumps... let alone the rocket falling off the back and splattering.

tl;dr: CRAWLER!

screen49.jpg

Edited by parameciumkid
image error

In my FAR enabled, Space Plane Hanger Only, Carear Mode, I flew past the moon twice... to unlock turbojets and landing gear.

How did I get there, without landing gear or turbojets? Like this:

aIrRNno.png

GKRGq5p.png

Edited by Rakaydos

For some time, I've had a problem. Early career mode rockets are fun, but the early career mode only lasts for a few missions, and then science gets grindy. Today I found a solution: play career mode without science.

Basically, I started playing with the following restrictions:

• No science experiments on ships, and no science points from the surface of Kerbin. Crew reports and surface samples are allowed, as well as EVA reports, if I actually do something new during the EVA.
  • No missions that are too ambitious compared to what has already been achieved.
  • Missions should be reasonable and rockets should look like rockets.

With these restrictions, the pace of progress is quite reasonable. So far, I've done 9 missions: four suborbital flights with rockets of increasing size (the last of them went to space), three orbital flights (Kerbin, Mun flyby, Minmus flyby), and two landings (Minmus and Mun). I'm one mission short of having docking ports and hitchhikers, so maybe I'll do a more ambitious Mun landing before going interplanetary.

minmus_launch.jpg

mun_landing_1.jpeg

mun_landing_2.jpeg

After fixing the onboard computer (KER) to show me dV calculations again, I started wondering if I should pay Ike a visit before leaving the Duna system at last. Although I ditched the scientific equipment on the return flight from Duna's surface and wouldnt have much to do other then crew reports and EVAs ...

Also, as of now I have no realistic option to guesstimate the dV needed to return to Kerbin and enter orbit without aerobreaking (nukes are forbidden to enter the atmosphere after activation) and so it will come down to an Ike flyby at best.

Built an Eve lander probe using a large inflatible heat shield to cover the somewhat large construction.

Had some heat problems with the engines - more than the last time I had Mainsails available, and even the Skipper got dangerously hot (after the Mainsail popped and an early staging ... orbit was completed with the Poodle of the transfer stage), but its circuling at 83km above Kerbin.

Preplotting the course gave me no encounter at acceptable dV values - guess five days early is to early still.

The course I found is inconsistent, but the half way inclination correction burn should be able to take care of this.

Noticed I miss - and am missing - a large "connector cube" for station building, but I think I know which mod I have to look at for finding it again.

Launched my Gilly mission for science. Docked up with the transfer stage and did the Eve transfer burn. Got an encounter but it's not as close as I'd like; will try the correction burn and Eve intercept tonight if possible.

I built a stock rover that can fly, basic jet engine with about 6 oscar-b fuel tanks empties of oxidizer, boxed up, put 6 EAS-4 seats on it, some wings, and it flew better than alot of planes ive built, top land speed of 40 m/s at which it can leap over the flagpole next to the launch pad.

I finalized my (RSS) Mars rocket.

15 000 tons on the pad

320 tons to orbit

140 tons to Mars

12 tons back to earth.

Mars%20mission.png

The test flight to orbit was successful!

Unfortunately the NERVAs then proceeded to explode from reentry... In the vacuum of space...

NERVAoverheat.png

15 000 tons on the pad

320 tons to orbit

140 tons to Mars

12 tons back to earth.

Wow, 15kt thats impressive and looks good.:wink: Although you might need a bigger launch pad :)

I sent a probe to Kerbol to gather some science. Well in fact i sent 3 probes. 1st didn't have enough fuel so couldn't make it to " near sun", 2nd had no heat radiators, so it shut down the solar panels to cut heat production (yeah great idea on a probe -.-), 3rd one finally did it.

b6zCsNL.jpg

15 000 tons on the pad

320 tons to orbit

140 tons to Mars

12 tons back to earth.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/Mars%20mission.png

eek-2.gifeek-2.gifeek-2.gif

Please tell me that thing is NOT! asparagus staged!

your frame rate must have been way into scientific notation territory

Got this into orbit last night: 8688D7F2EE526197E5DB833E727C3F3D96513474

Then proceded to land it at a certain spot in the desert:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3296939289159663724/16BD1F82EDB447BC667132C24367B86A1A5271DB/

Needless to say it was a landing and thank goodness for extra reaction wheels: DA476F2A091980FD11F7B11F49C3A0D8E177F09E

Also used the side mounted docking port part First one I had forgot to put semitry on but was still able to dock, was a challnge for sure and the second was similar but this time I remembered to add them.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3296939289147915869/F6CD8E60C932C4B3AABFA278558B893916D55EF5/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3296939289147956520/4359C3F86D00F3BF2228DDA1931B7865CD993E41/