What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Getting all my space ships into an uneven orbit. (P=136, 782 meters; A=384, 562 meters) I'm so bad at getting an even orbit. So my space station is like that. Flying at uneven orbit. (I can still try to get there, cause all my spaceships enter that orbit)

I recently flew a mission to Jool with a spacecraft that could still do other missions once it is refueled and given a new crew.

FcjnJht.png

So I'm currently creating some infrastructure that can support this purely in-space asset: Shuttles, Cargo Ships, and a Space Station.

The only problem is that I don't have any spare time to do it all! :P

I recently flew a mission to Jool with a spacecraft that could still do other missions once it is refueled and given a new crew.

http://i.imgur.com/FcjnJht.png

So I'm currently creating some infrastructure that can support this purely in-space asset: Shuttles, Cargo Ships, and a Space Station.

The only problem is that I don't have any spare time to do it all! :P

Hey, is the thing your lander docked with strictly a fuel supply?

I made a spaceplane using parts from the spaceplane plus mod. I was very happy when it easily reached LKO. I think the next step might be to launch a drive stage that will dock on the rear docking port and bring it to another planet. Although some modifications might need to be made to allow for vertical landing on planets without an atmosphere. I've been having fun building spaceplanes lately and I'm hoping .24 will make them useful... It's definitely a lot easier to just launch a rocket when you don't need to worry about budgets/reusability.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I tried using Mechjeb to land on top of the VAB. It failed, even though the same design landed several times on the pad. On the VAB, it came in too hot, and did not slow enough. It's a refueling tanker for my Eve ship, still have a few trips to do. After shedding the asparagus stages at launch, these 5 Kerbodyne tanks reach the orbital ship nearly full. Then I dock and transfer the tanks, leaving just the FL-T800 tanks for reentry and landing.

screenshot208.png

screenshot226.png

Edited by brianorca

v23.5

I tried landing on Jool. At 150m below the "surface" you blow up spectacularly.

I tried to find the cave on Tylo. It was no longer at the coordinates that I used in a previous version. Can anyone confirm this? How about Sagan's face?

The Kraken is still on Bop.

The tunnel is still at Moho's north pole.

The Face is still on Duna.

I guess I'll look for the Magic boulder on Dres next. And then maybe go to the Henge on Vall.

Mostly restarting the game, I think I have to many large projects going at once, 40 ships of probes, 10 who is huge +300 parts projects like the asteroid colony and the shipyard in Minmus with its two miners.

So I run into things like this:

rgDMNas.png

At the same time I have increased the project sizes some:

3xDQF4t.png

So yes I feel some need for an 64 bit version.

Yes its the 1.2 km standford torus, the three small dots on the central tower is 2.5 meter docking ports, the "RSC" module in front is 4 LV-30, its an 15.000 ton module, yes I can build it in orbit but i think it will crash the game.

Edited by magnemoe