What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

What I always keep forgetting myself: press F2 to toggle the UI before taking a screenshot - at least if you do not want to show specific data. ;)

yeah well, didn't know...

not that it bothers me if people knew about...stuff...like...who's the pilot to sacrifice... or where did I land... o.o

but maybe it'd look better without UI... or maybe not! because it looks so professional this way! ha! :D

Top speed of 10.2m/s. Very stable on the water. Could add moar rockets to make it go faster. Does give me an idea for a boat like this.

with infinite fuel or something like that I guess.

otherwise it'd run out of fuel real quick.

So it was you that I saw a firey crash on Jool's "surface" from Laythe. :)

I love Laythe. It's better than Duna. Might just move my base here if it wasn't for hearing that one of these updates, Laythe will be inhospitable.

one of these updates, Laythe will be inhospitable.

Totally not looking forward to that. Why can't we just say that Laythe has a really strong magnetosphere? Then Laythe can keep being beautiful, and it can also get pretty northern lights! ;.;

Totally not looking forward to that. Why can't we just say that Laythe has a really strong magnetosphere? Then Laythe can keep being beautiful, and it can also get pretty northern lights! ;.;

A little radiation doesn't make a planet inhospitable. It has an atmosphere to stop some of it, you can shield your crafts, and you can fully protect yourself by going a few meters below Laythe's beautiful surface. :) I think that with Kerbal Attachment System, you could actually attach your base to the sea floor, though I've never tried it.

Laylantis much? :)

Yup! You could keep your base submerged off of wherever the highest point on Laythe is, and use that for landing/launching. Rovers with propellers on them could ferry people to and from the base, using the propellers to drive themselves into the water without expending any fuel. I can see it now!

At a depth of 40 meters, you'd match Eve's atmospheric pressure, and I'm pretty sure that'd be overkill as far as radiation protection is concerned. At a depth of 11 meters or so, the pressure would be about two atmospheres, if we assume Laythe water has the same density as sea water. Your base would presumably be pressurized at one atmosphere. That's the same difference as there is between vacuum and a ship, so a base at that depth should pose no special engineering challenge.

Edited by Kimberly

Today I've been testing out custom made rockets and trying to land on the Mun. I can easily get in it's orbit, but landing has been difficult so far. But for a beginner it's not bad I think.

Nothing in KSP, but I did check to see if the 0.21 update had been posted yet (for the nth time)...

Getting impatient... Which I blame myself for!

Yup...I actually had it open on my phone today to check for the 0.21 release.

If they didn't want me to be so impatient, they shouldn't have shown me screens of the new KSC. :wink: