What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

You are a structural pylon magician. You should post to Harv or Scott Manley or just on YouTube, people will ove your creation!

Not to demean Giggle's work (of which I am a fan) but he isn't the first one to have discovered this. Don't know if you meant to imply that or not. That being said, I do think these are one of the more clever uses for them.

I think that is the most sensible rocket I have seen you builx yet Wackjob :P

Well, the pod is there to go EVA, then I have Jeb get into the command chair. Then I dispose of the pod by blowing the seperators and firing the seperatrons. That makes it all nice an symmetrical for balance. And from there it's just a short hop...

screenshot228_zps4e956712.png

... to SPAAAACE!

(That is easily one of my favorite pictures)

Today I tryed and slighty succeeded in making a helicopter

well... not really

screenshot43_zps04720ca0.png

This is awesome, I didnt realize that was possible. Do you know if the physics engine responds to the pitch of the propeller, or is it just a generic amount of lift for the models that make it up?

Edited by DiscoPotato

Sent a prove to Eve with an unstable launch design that had to be launched at Dusk. Took all the fuel to get into low orbit. Will try a more stable design as this can be done using much less fuel for capture and orbit. Will add a parachute to the probe for landing. Jeb safely returned from Minmus orbit to a reentry window for air braking and landed very near the spaceport. Bob was returned after 57 days in orbit.

Launched MSS-1 into LMO (Low Mun Orbit), put a crew on (5 in total) docked the first part of two solar arrays, continued zero-gravity experiments on board SS-3 (after SS-1 randomly disintegrated and SS-2 spontaneously exploded during the first mission to put a crew on SS-2 and 31 Kerbals died during the two accidents ;.; , and very many hours (about 2-3 :sticktongue: ) were also lost in a matter of seconds.

Edited by Psycho529

I happily report Gilly mission on its way. Mid-course correction burn went without a hitch, now Terrier I is being prepared for capture burn in several days. Unfortunately transfer stage was too weak to carry Eve probe lander along, so i will have to send one more ship ASAP. But first i have to refuel second tug currently sitting idly in LKO.

I made a boat :)

Juuuuust sit right back and you'll hear a tale;

A tale of a fateful trip,

That started from the rocket port

Aboard this epic ship.

The mate was a newbie sailing man,

The skipper crazed and sure.

Five passengers set sail that day

For a three framerate tour, a three framerate tour.

This is awesome, I didnt realize that was possible. Do you know if the physics engine responds to the pitch of the propeller, or is it just a generic amount of lift for the models that make it up?

It does work.

screenshot127_zpsd9dbf879.png

That is mine own Triebflugel.

What did I do today? I did my first ever flight, of any kind, to Eve. First an orbiting satellite, then I did some landers. It was more of a test than anything. discovered my landers ran out of energy before they landed, so I guess I'll need to throw some batteries on them the next time I try.

Docked a service module to the CSM/ return ship that was orbiting Duna when I realized that it had no ASAS and the DLM (Dunar Landing Module) also had no probe core, then left Duna in the DLM to dock to it.

Then I littered Duna's orbit because I mounted stuff on the side of a stack separator :(

Edited by Lazro

Today, I flew shuttles.

This design uses SRBs and dual drop tanks, which reduces the complexity flying with a single tank adds. It can lift a small pay load to LKO, or smaller to KSO on its own, but can be reconfigured to use bigger boosters for larger payloads.

uqpyAC0.png

Not quite as capable as my previous attempt at a shuttle, but it has the advantage of looking cooler, having wider cargo doors, and actually landing.

Its first payload: Live cargo!

rDxwsPq.png

It took a while for me to work out I needed a very shallow re-entry to land this thing. But now, my space centre is fast becoming a retirement home for orbiters, seeing as there isn't a way to re-use them in the game yet.

RRNRUrC.png

9G44f8h.jpg

The last photo shows one that I towed from its landing site to the space centre, 10km away. That was tricky.

Edit: Just landed right next to the SPH, after sending a satellite to GKO. I managed to land at the centre with no fuel left, and pulled of a corkscrew to loose altitude before landing. This is so awesome!

Edited by Tw1

Today I flew my latest SSTO out to Duna.

1mtYrcb.png

I managed to pull off some reasonably effective aerobraking and pull myself into a stable circular orbit upon arrival.

n2gUx60.png

I then quicksaved and tried to go in for a landing...

3jd6kvs.png

...but after three attempts and a lot of Uncontrolled High-Velocity Lithobraking, I sort of gave up and decided Duna is best viewed from orbit, at least for today. Bill Kerman was rather relieved.

He got a nice shot of the ship with Duna below on an EVA.

pRBeUmN.png

This ship might use a lot of KSP faux pas (intake spamming, minor part clipping) but not long ago at all I couldn't even close an LKO with an SSTO, so I'm still proud of the design. :cool:

Still could use some work on RCS thrust balancing, though.

I'm also thinking of sticking wing connectors and landing struts on the wings to make airbrakes (Duna landing failure was mostly because of excessive horizontal speed, and I don't want to use a drogue chute that I can only deploy and cut loose once). Anyone have experience with that kind of thing?