What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Still tinkering with landers and probes. I tidied up the lander from post #18701 with neater fuel tanks:

4minYuzl.png

Then abandoned it as having too low TWR and settled for a single kerbal lander instead:

jHiS3ogl.png

Also had a serious think about probes which could get back into orbit and transfer science directly to orbiting labs.

The 'TiddleyLander' + skycrane:

UQplOLFl.png

Roving free:

dhKWNsrl.png

Ascent stage. "Look Ma, I can fly!":

kAeDGyil.png

Two stowed away with two disposable probes:

O6sxD36l.png

Still tinkering with landers and probes. I tidied up the lander from post #18701 with neater fuel tanks:

Then abandoned it as having too low TWR and settled for a single kerbal lander instead:

Also had a serious think about probes which could get back into orbit and transfer science directly to orbiting labs.

The 'TiddleyLander' + skycrane:

Roving free:

Ascent stage. "Look Ma, I can fly!":

Two stowed away with two disposable probes:

Those compact craft are sooo cute. I never thought of using the Mk2 crew module like that too. Very efficient.

Space Station Discovery from Eyes Turned Skyward

That actually looks awesome. I like the inflatable hab as the central module.

Hit Kerbin with an asteroid' date=' I think

[/quote']

I think it was...

Moonraker!

I'll show myself out xD

I had to do the unthinkable today...;.;;.;;.;:(... I had to delete KSP and reinstall it. I was trying to get OPM to work, but was having issues. In my tinkering I erased something and the game wouldn't load up. All those mods, gone. All that work, gone. But it's ok. I will rebuild it. Better than it was before. Better. Faster. Stronger. cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha *running man* :cool:

I created a Nuclear Aerospike... I don't like the design of the standard nuclear engine, so I cloned the Aerospike folder and changed it's config to behave like the standard nuclear engine, so basically, it's a nuclear engine that looks like an Aerospike. Neat :)

Didn't test it yet, though...

For the past month I've been able to put off playing KSP due to the expected 1.1 Unity 5 update. However, yesterday I caved and started building some spacecrafts I expect to use in my new career once 1.1 hits. These are made mostly using stock parts, except for Nertea's Near Future pack and TAC-LS parts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Perhaps I will be tempted to start a new career before 1.1 hits and gamble that some of these part files will not be broken by the update...

I created a Nuclear Aerospike... I don't like the design of the standard nuclear engine, so I cloned the Aerospike folder and changed it's config to behave like the standard nuclear engine, so basically, it's a nuclear engine that looks like an Aerospike. Neat :)

Didn't test it yet, though...

I'm thinking you could modify the ISP somewhat so you get useful thrust out of it in atmosphere, as aerospike nozzles are useful over a wider range of atmospheric pressures at the tradeoff of some vacuum efficiency. You could then make some of the fabled nuclear cruise missiles and aircraft of a bygone age!

Today I am reminded why I hate mysterious torque.

4bplbTM.jpg

I have some odd requirements and bugs with this design that have teamed up to force me to abandon symmetry for some parts. It's the bulk of an interplanetary stage for an upcoming mission, I just need to put it in orbit (for the sake of convenience, I'm trying to get it up there fully - or at least MOSTLY - fueled.) The symmetry issues made building a semi-asparagus rig here a minor nightmare in and of itself so I'm REALLY hoping I can get away with not rebuilding the whole thing. Especially since it doesn't spontaneously explode on the launchpad as many of my oversized asparagus loads tend to.

This Anomalous Torque of Evil has me tearing my hair out. That much torque that didnt even exist as hint in any stage before or after makes it seem like I've got a Mainsail pointing in some weird direction, but I don't, and all my engines are staged to fire together and none of them have thrust limiters or locked gimbaling or anything weird. Weirding me out further is that, if I remove the stage BEFORE this torque is allegedly to kick in, it disappears from KER. And yet, if I fly this thing, no matter WHAT stage I'm flying it wants to veer off northward wildly - which makes NO sense given that what I had to build without symmetry was oriented east/west.

And the unfortunate reality of working 12 hr shifts is, I don't have time to mess with this piece of tripe and it's seriously hampering my attempts to put kerbals on Duna. :(

Updated the design of my modded Grand Tour LFO Ion/plasma ship (stockalike-realistic-modern-tech)

The LFO first stage (vacuum) has been increased to allow good twr/acceleration while the ship is inside mid-high gravity Kerbin or Eve SOI. (first part of the tour)

I've found and cancelled a low thrust torque, it was due to a docking port that wasn't perfectly centered for some mysterious reason. (offset tool fixed it)

FKpWHYy.png

Edited by xebx

I'm thinking you could modify the ISP somewhat so you get useful thrust out of it in atmosphere, as aerospike nozzles are useful over a wider range of atmospheric pressures at the tradeoff of some vacuum efficiency. You could then make some of the fabled nuclear cruise missiles and aircraft of a bygone age!

The point of making the clone was simple the looks of it, the way the engine works is supposed to be the exactly the same as the original nuclear engine.

I imght try a liquid fuel only version, but I'm not sure what parameters to change to keep it balanced...

Made a Mission report of the B.O.B. journey, at this time: Minmus, Moho, Gilly, Duna, Ike, Dres and Eeloo where visited, i will continue to update the report while making the Jool 5 challenge ^^

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/134955-KSP-1-04-STOCK-ISRU-Mammoth-SSTO-Explorer-Almost-Gran-Tour

kmqENRT.jpg

Fly safe with Val :)