Launch clamp update!

CalculusWarrior

Another awesome fix that will be completely overlooked/ignored by the whiners proclaiming this update a failure because it only contains 7 parts.

Absolutely badass!

/heads off to start trying to "abuse" the new feature

WOW great find! Been wanting this. Now all we need in the tower back and some gantries, smoke/steam effects!

Old gantry had none practical use, we just need more parts like launch clamps, so we could build "gantry" for our own :).

My my... there used to be a mod for this, but happy it's finally integrated. :)

The other feature people have been mentioning is that when you click on Ap and Pe markers, they lock. Hasn't worked for me though.

So.. Now You can put fuel tanks on the clamps, and add a fuel line to your first engines. Then you can do a real rocket launch style start-the-engine-up-then-go instead of starting at full power and releasing clamps at the same time.

Also, did anyone notice that they changed the names of the photovoltaic panels, from A and B to 1x6 and 2x3?

Oh, imagine all the frustration saved.

I noticed that... That saved me a lot of annoying testing from always forgetting which was which

Someone could build an elevator by hooking some wheels around the clamp attatched to a platform with a seat powered to go up and down by RCS.

could the wheels not cause it to climb? the brakes would have to be capable of preventing freefall. hmmm.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.