You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

I do have pictures, but i don't remeber how to post them. If someone can tell me, i'll put them up in a followup post

You need to upload them to a site like imagur first. Then use the insert image button here.

Damn symmetry turning itself of. One Booster was missing.

11fdQbZ.png

Dropped the remaining three SRBs, explosions everwhere. But it looked like there was still enough rocket left to go for orbit.

7pM0PQ3.png

Nope. Half the payload is gone.

Tomcas, while I admire your enthusiasm, you're not going the right way. You will not go to space today.

1u0YX78.jpg

I was planning to get to the Mun (it would be my first landing there) . Just have a look at this.

2013-06-27_00001_zps1098b053.jpg

So I started burning retrograde, so the trip would be at least shorter.

2013-06-27_00002_zpsbc4a50a6.jpg

So I reached atmosphere... at 2500 m/s :0.0:

2013-06-27_00003_zps3c3f6337.jpg

Thankfully the atmosphere slowed down it a bit.

2013-06-27_00004_zpsc7910010.jpg

Enough that the parachute didn't drop out of the pod.

2013-06-27_00004_zpsc7910010.jpg

It seems that the SAS needs more glue.

2013-06-27_00005_zpsc2c753ee.jpg

And they landed softly.

2013-06-27_00007_zps8b59ee5e.jpg

Those are harder than i thought.

2013-06-27_00008_zpsdaada62d.jpg

The ladder still works too. :D

2013-06-27_00009_zpsa8201ebb.jpg

Well somehow I wound up with this:

1FEHV

That rocket is the most epic of epic fails. It crashed my whole savegame. <face palm>

This one couldn't even FAIL right. Stack came apart about 35k up so I fell in formation with it on the way down till it was time to pop the chute....

1FEIs

and the fully fueled rocket SURVIVED the fall!

And then there's this... Built an ion powered ship, so of course my escape burn is mostly BEHIND Kerbin (doh)... Then as I'm coming around the dark side waiting to fire the engine again I get this cool little view of a Münar eclipse... Then realize the Mün is actually STILL BLOCKING THE SUN even tho my ship is lit up, further delaying my burn & costing extra delta v.

1FEr1

Who cares? Launch it and record what happens!

actually what you did is accidentally duplicate a good chunk of your rocket. Can happen if you click too fast or the game lags at the wrong time.

I didn't think about trying how it flys ;.; I'll do it next time.

What happened is you must have been moving a part near the top of the rocket, and accidentally put it on the side of the capsule. The symmetry and angle snap made it form the weird object you see there.

I remember when it first happened to me. "Opps, I seem to have made a space station."

Jeb contemplates the wreckage of yet another lander.....

hFc1gEt.jpg

After losing 3 out of 4 engines on landing on this hillside despite 4 struts each, Bill and Bob got in the RCS-powered rover and returned to Kerbin. Jeb thought he could fly the lander on 1 off-center engine but was wrong. The capsule broke off and rolled a good distance down the hill. Jeb hiked back to see if there was anything to eat in the main part of the wreckage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.