Does the patcher work?

Kerbol Prime

Patcher springs up after running the KSP.exe for the first time. My patcher can never sync to the online repository.

I only have a patcher.exe 0 bytes.

Oh, is it downloaded? Firewall may be blocking.

I think some of you are getting 2 "patchers" mixed up. In the KSP folder there is a file called patcher.exe and it is the one that does not work. The other "patcher" or updater is the one that pops up automatically telling you of a new update. That does work, but all its doing really is directing you to the KSP Store to download the entire game, not just a patch file. So the file patcher.exe is the one to NOT use, yet. When that works, I bet it will probably just download patch files that auto-install, rather than download the entire game to get included update files.

As far as saves go, the only I see anyone losing saves is if they delete or lose it while moving to new folder.

Some people are getting the genuine (rsync?) updater to work like Dizzle. It seems to not fail completely, just fails to do a certain step partially into the process. I don't even consider the redirect to the KSP site an updater at all :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.