I broke a Kerbal

mojobojo

I thought it would be fun to launch a kerbal on an ejectable seat covered in serperatrons on top of a solid rocket booster.

spaceejector2.png

spaceejector3.png

kerbalfire.png

spaceejector4.png

spaceejector5.png

kerbelmorph.png

Also I just bought the game and I really freaking love it.

Edited by mojobojo

Congratulations on discovering the "Kraken" of KSP on your first day! While Kraken attacks are much rarer now, appropriately Kerbal-engineered experiments will taunt the beast enough such that it will come out to play with your little green men.

(Kraken is the nickname given to various bugs that cause strange behavior when travelling at high speeds and in unconventional ways.)

Welcome to the forums!

No, Kraken is the name given to design failure rants where people blame the physics -__-.

That... is actually a ragdoll issue; that keeps popping up despite how long we've been using rag-doll physics in gaming ;p

Though, I too wonder what would happen if you pressed "R" and turned it back into a static object.

No, Kraken is the name given to design failure rants where people blame the physics -__-.

That... is actually a ragdoll issue; that keeps popping up despite how long we've been using rag-doll physics in gaming ;p

Though, I too wonder what would happen if you pressed "R" and turned it back into a static object.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Maybe I can help here, Kraken was specifically the admittedly egregiously innappropriate name given to the torque generated by floating point errors at high speed especially when in Kerbolar orbit and when flying largish multistack asparagus craft in Kerbin orbit, (before HarvesteR implemented the "Krakensbane" fix,) which meant you could not easily pilot a ship outside Kerbin SOI. It was called Kraken because it acted like an invisible many tentacled thing was wrestling with your ship and also because CapnSkunky has a pirate joker chimp for an avatar. Be thankful as it could so easily have been Cthulhu...!

It has since passed into folklore and is often blamed for anything which goes wrong with anything, but we who have surveyed certain regions of the Kerbol system know it cannot be so because we have seen the corpse of the Kraken where it lies.

krakenswake.jpg

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.