SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

Discovered a funky little easter egg-esque feature of B9 pWings. And yes this is SSTO even if it doesn't look like it.

16574539377_ea4a1ef170_b.jpg

16159375544_01d486cd8c_b.jpg

16780602602_ac27ee77f9_b.jpg

I can't seem to find a showcase for either general aircraft or spaceplanes-which-aren't-SSTO :S not sure if starting a combined one is a good idea.

Edited by Van Disaster

Hey there

Got 2 new ones.

First: This is FLIP. Takes off normally like a plane, but at jet flameout it flips around 180 degrees to fire up the aerospikes and now it's a cool looking spaceship.

VMamy6Ll.pngrVPiUX0l.png

And second: I've revisited my old GA-88-66 Spaceboy design.

The old one is on this page: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/33312-Showcase-SSTO-s!-Post-your-pictures-here/page213

It was very part-heavy, difficult to fly and used the Spaceplane+ mod. And because I learned a lot about spaceplanes since back then, I thought I could do better.

The new stock Spaceboy Mk2 is a fair bit smaller but much more capable (got it into a stable mun orbit) and better to fly, launch and land. And with the smaller partcount I could include a docking port and RCS thrusters.

nc423Shl.pngk4Ac4j3l.png

Have fun, Mü :wink:

And because I have been away for far to long..... The newest attack craft from HARM Industries.

The A-24 Kopesh!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Ample ordinance bay space for weapons or science. Capable of taking off at 80m/s and climb at 35deg till 10km. Armed with a 30mm GAU-8 rotary cannon and enough ammunition to provide close air support for a lengthy time. Oh and it is a single seat SSTO.

Kerbodyne Wasp. Messing about with anhedral wing roots.

Craft file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrz1bhne01slnqg/Kerbodyne%20Wasp.craft?dl=0

Or if you just swap the turbo for a nuke...

DKp98Lg.png

5,000m/s dV range if you refuel.

MjXpFa6.png

Craft file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut1r0608oend8rp/Kerbodyne%20Wasp%20N.craft?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

How much can I get out of this airframe? Kerbodyne Wasp Lotek.

owsUdlv.png

4oHZFG4.png

mpfz230.png

Craft file at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cmsvqy88y9qcrn/Kerbodyne%20Wasp%20Lotek.craft?dl=0

I've been working on SSTO rockets for the Jet Propelled Test Craft project. The Jupitec 7, AKA "The Flying Buttress," is the latest in this line, and the first to be rated for Kerbin-Minmus shuttle traffic.

It also just happens to resemble a Kothig castle.

Download it here at GameFramer.

Shinden (震電, "Magnificent Lightning" according to Wikipedia)

0etkGtFl.png53OAeCul.png

I think I've got a new favorite light cargo SSTO. Not really the airhogging type of craft. Takes off horizontally in jet mode but starts to switch the 8 RAPIERs to rocket mode at about 13000 m. Capable of an 200-250km orbit depending on cargo weight, and an excellent glider on return.

MODs used: Kerpaint (black underbelly) and KAX (Landing gear)

I think I've got a new favorite light cargo SSTO. Not really the airhogging type of craft. Takes off horizontally in jet mode but starts to switch the 8 RAPIERs to rocket mode at about 13000 m. Capable of an 200-250km orbit depending on cargo weight, and an excellent glider on return.

Very cool design! I also like the little lander guys in your signature. Got some great ideas for some (fusion-powered) landers! Thanks!

"Battlecruiser operational!"

Nice. :)

What did you make it out of?

The bones (main structure, not visible) are made from 100 welded beams. The shell is made from B9 procedural wings. 8 hellfire missiles on the back (scaled). Customised engine and custom exhaust from HotRockets. Sunbeam laser in front. 5m SAS from USI, Infernal robotics for hinges, 250 parts.

SP-410..... HARM industries is back with another lifter design. The new medium-heavy lifter in the fleet is simple, easy to fly and surprisingly rugged.

Capable of hauling nearly 70 tons into orbit in its wide cargo bay, both of the fuel tanks used as cargo were 2m wide, but weighed in at 34 tons each. The SP-410 still had over 1000m/s delta/V left over which meant it could take the cargo higher if needed and still return to the KSC without refueling.

Niiice! By the way, Shinden 震電 just means Lightning, without the Magnificent part.

Here's my pretty useless super-heavy 3-man overkill ssto. It has 24 turbojet engines, 4 nuclear engines and one kerbodyne kr-2l. I managed to get it to the Mun but didn't quite have enough fuel for a return.

overkill2.png

overkill%201.png

- - - Updated - - -

SP-410..... HARM industries is back with another lifter design. The new medium-heavy lifter in the fleet is simple, easy to fly and surprisingly rugged.

http://imgur.com/a/ttuCA

Capable of hauling nearly 70 tons into orbit in its wide cargo bay, both of the fuel tanks used as cargo were 2m wide, but weighed in at 34 tons each. The SP-410 still had over 1000m/s delta/V left over which meant it could take the cargo higher if needed and still return to the KSC without refueling.

Wao, that's really great. Can you please provide a DL link?

- - - Updated - - -

Wao, that's really great. Can you please provide a DL link?

Not available for DL yet, I am still working out some minor issues and fine tuning. But when I do release it I will post the DL link.