Show off your B9 Designs!

A little hybrid monstrosity I built recently, to replace my other space planes. Much faster and more reliable with fusion.

Holy hannah. That thing must lag something fierce. Impressive though. Good to see this thread is still alive. Anyone got something made with those extremely huge parts to show off? :D

Holy hannah. That thing must lag something fierce. Impressive though. Good to see this thread is still alive. Anyone got something made with those extremely huge parts to show off? :D

Not much lag on my machine. Unity still doesn't saturate all eight cores very well. 12-20%. And maybe 30% max on the GPU. Frame rates drop by half at the station, but that's still 20-30 fps.

I'll show you the Chippewa Shuttle, this isn't a SSTO, in fact is a shuttle with 2 stages, but unlike other shuttles and SSTO I designed this is able to land without losing a single piece (such as engines) even on a fully unpowered landing.

vaSqLJO.jpg

I know... I know look ridiculous with the solid boosters and fuel pipes, but it fly pretty well and the small fuel tanks on the boosters are the reason why I can choose between a conventional landing or an unpowered landing instead having to land without fuel because I don't have any in the worst case scenario.

JRK7LMj.jpg

Javascript is disabled. View full album

http://imgur.com/a/67UAB

Edit: Why god? why? Why I can't upload the album here?

Edited by Ridli Scott

So I created a little "Science Bomber", just for fun :)

The "bomb" here is just an example. I was having some problems detaching (actually, undocking) the bomb, so I had to add those sepatrons. Probably the problem would disappear with a smaller bomb. It has a probe core, so you can run the experiments latter. Due to the game deletting everything in the air past 2.5km from you, when you drop the bomb, you have to circle around until it actually lands, so it's a good idea to drop it as low as possible. The bomb is dropped via action group, that decouples the docking port, fires the sepatrons, open the chutes and deploys the legs, all at the same time... except the legs are not deploying...

The plane itself flies pretty well. Probably it could be better, but it's very stable. The inner control surfaces are for pitch, and the outer ones are for roll. Fuel is on engine's fuselage. You can't notice on the screen shots, but the plane stands on the runway pointing down a little, due to the landing gear in the front being smaller, but it lifts off with no problem at all.

The initial design didn't have a pilot. Instead, the cockpit was a tail piece like the one in this design, and there was a probe core hidden between it and the rest of the fuselage.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll show you the Chippewa Shuttle, this isn't a SSTO, in fact is a shuttle with 2 stages, but unlike other shuttles and SSTO I designed this is able to land without losing a single piece (such as engines) even on a fully unpowered landing.

http://i.imgur.com/vaSqLJO.jpg

I know... I know look ridiculous with the solid boosters and fuel pipes, but it fly pretty well and the small fuel tanks on the boosters are the reason why I can choose between a conventional landing or an unpowered landing instead having to land without fuel because I don't have any in the worst case scenario.

http://i.imgur.com/JRK7LMj.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/http://imgur.com/a/67UAB

http://imgur.com/a/67UAB

Edit: Why god? why? Why I can't upload the album here?

Here, let me help you:

Pretty cool! I've tried to build something like that before, but with no success :(

How did you attached the landing gear to the wings? And how did you "burried" the front wheel into the fuselage?

Edited by PCanas

Yeah, it's slow but doable. Bit easier with the little monoprop engines or that ( I think it's MJ ) little util that wires RCS to the throttle when you've run out of every other fuel.

The worst part of sticking a plane on another plane like that is FAR sees biplane wings and murders the lift... luckily CoL stayed put.

SpmNXzD.png?1

UTK AEROSPACE

UBER TECHNOLOGIES KOMPANY

A branch of the Uber Technologies Kompany devoted to the future of Aeronautics and Aerospace. Innovations such as the inflatable microwave, hand crank tooth brush, and Rocket Powered refrigerator... are just a few examples of how UTK has helped to shape your society! Our top Kerbal engineers are on the job and have created something unseen by anyone before. The love child of UTK and B9 Aerospace, comes the F-44 Kobra Strike Aircraft!

F-44 KOBRA
(v.6)

ADVANCED STRIKE FIGHTER

Features:

- Nearly perfect aerodynamics

- Extreme maneuverability

- Speeds in Excess of 500 m/s (1,800 Km/h)

- Aviation Lights

- Landing Lights

- BDArmory Compatible

DOWNLOAD:

X
or
Github(Broken)
or
Media fire(Broken)

Required Mods:

-
B9 Aerospace

-BahaSP

-JSI

-KineTechAnimation

-ResGen, SmokeScreen

-Virgin_Kalactic

-FAR

-BDArmory

-Firespitter

-MP_Nazari

-Klockheed_Martin_Gimbal

~
The Mods: B9 Aerospace, BahaSP, JSI, KineTechAnimation, ResGen, SmokeScreen, Virgin_Kalactic, FAR, BDArmory, Firespitter, and MP_Nazari, Klockheed_Martin_Gimbal have not been created my me. I do not own these mods!
~

Hey peeps, first post to this thread (I think), and hoping you can help me. I'm working on a little S2 spaceplane because I needed a generous capacity to carry some Station Science experiments and scientists around in Kerbin's SOI.

Overall very happy with the performance at this point; FAR stable at all likely altitudes and speeds, hits LKO with 3100 delta-v or more. Relatively low TWR of 0.66 on the runway, but seriously low drag so it gets away with it better than any stock design I've made. ~32km before the first jets flameout. Great start, feel sure it'll be Minmus capable in the end!

But... dem textures... whaaaiiii does the S2 cargo bay not match the tail? :( This angle actually makes it look better than it usually is; for the most part, that bay is significantly whiter than any other part of the body, and the tail seems to match the mk2 nacelles rather than any other S2 components. Is this just a normal thing with B9, or have I screwed up my install somehow? Advice appreciated :)

QSA0Q4q.jpg

(B9 Procedural Parts wings - awesome.)

screenshot15_zpsg3u0fnqy.png

Latest iteration of my cargo delivery spaceplane. Figured out that having a cockpit helps balance out the engines and wings (which are toward the back) nicely. Between that, various utilities (reaction wheels, probe core, batteries), and a secondary cargo bay (useful for satellites which weight next to nothing), the CoM is centered almost perfectly on the main payload and doesn't change as fuel drains.

Edited by blowfish

Regular Kerbin. Would probably need a lot more fuel to get off of anything larger.

Huh, looked scaled up a bit. And yes, I took the slickest version of a S2 hull/twin 2.5m sabre ship I have at the moment, converted it all to tanks and totally failed to make orbit on 6.4x - admittedly I should probably try it with RealFuels or something, and I don't much like the way the planet is 6.4x the size but the atmosphere is only 90km, but still that appears to be a completely new problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.