I Hate Mod Makers... HATE THEM!!!!

NeoMorph

Mod makers like Bobcat and Wayland co are peddling digital apples COFFEE.

>Me sees new mod...

>Me gets the coffee jitters...

NeoMorph: "Oooooh... that mod looks awesome... DOWNLOAD!... but omg... I never saw that mod... ADD TO DOWNLOAD"

I'm just gobsmacked with the number of quality mods for a game that hasn't even got out of Alpha, let alone Beta.... but OMG am I suffering from the KSP equivalent of hoarding. I thought switching to 0.20 would let me reduce my mods but I seem to have more than ever... I JUST WANT MORE....

So yes... I hate Mods and Mod makers for feeding my habit.... :sticktongue:

and then someone goes and ADDS ASTEROIDS!

I swear that when I die they will find me stuck in front of my PC playing KSP...

Edited by NeoMorph
COFFEE FOR THE PEOPLE!

Ah, mods. They do wonders for the replayability of games.

Unfortuanetly, yes, the amount of mods within the game can clog up your part list so that you have to scroll for ages to find that one part you need.

If all else fails, you can always clean up just a little bit by deleting any parts that you know for certain you won't use.

only mods I use are kerbal engineering redux and mechjeb for precisely that reason, Jarod :)

And even those aren't used on all or even most rockets, mostly only for prototypes (of course at this stage most everything I make is a prototype).

I thought this was a legitimate hate thread that would be locked within the next 5 minutes... xD

Anyways, I typically play stock nowadays, I recall reinstalling .18.2 more than 5 times due to mod-based crashes.....

I saw that asteroids mod and it was the first thing from KSP that my girlfriend was actually interested in. (She's writing a novel(la?) that involves a near-Earth asteroid.)

Personally, since the recent update, I've been playing stock. In my opinion, the game's stock parts list is just getting to the point where it's useable for any meaningful mission.

I'll start reloading mods when everything settles down a bit.

edit: "digital apples?!?!" cutest moderation evar

Edited by E. F. Kranz
cuteness

I generally only use functionality mods, like Mechjeb, Crew Manifest and things of that ilk. Parts are cool sometimes, ( which still makes me wonder why no one has made any scramjet engines yet)

Ah, mods. They do wonders for the replayability of games.

Unfortuanetly, yes, the amount of mods within the game can clog up your part list so that you have to scroll for ages to find that one part you need.

If all else fails, you can always clean up just a little bit by deleting any parts that you know for certain you won't use.

Which is why you should never use the default "GameData/ModName/Parts/Worthless Organization"

And instead use "GameData/Parts/Pro-Organization/ModName" :P

Much better organization at the expense of having to do "F3 + ModName + Enter" to remove it.

Still, how can you live in an ALPHA without mods? The game is largely incomplete, we NEED mods... and asteroids colliding into the Kerbin Launch Pad while trying to launch a rocket to "escape the planet" :P

I was about to come in and punch you in the jaw until I read the actual thread content :P

I know, right? I was preparing mentally to give a lecture about self control and all that nonsense, but was pleasantly surprised.

KSP's modding community does some truly amazing stuff.

Mod makers like Bobcat and Wayland co are peddling digital apples.

>Me sees new mod

NeoMorph: "Oooooh... that mod looks awesome... DOWNLOAD!... but omg... I never saw that mod... ADD TO DOWNLOAD"

I'm just gobsmacked with the number of quality mods for a game that hasn't even got out of Alpha, let alone Beta.... but OMG am I suffering from the KSP equivalent of hoarding. I thought switching to 0.20 would let me reduce my mods but I seem to have more than ever... I JUST WANT MORE....

So yes... I hate Mods and Mod makers for feeding my habit.... :sticktongue:

and then someone goes and ADDS ASTEROIDS!

I swear that when I die they will find me stuck in front of my PC playing KSP...

Welcome to Fun games with great modding communities. After my first play through of Skyrim I probably spend more time downloading and installing mods than playing them. Same went for Morrowind... and Fallout...and Oblivion...Not so much Kerbal, yet. Still playing it more than modding

If a flight is going to be long term I.E. lasting long enough to see the next patch then ill use stock parts this way I know they'll be ok come the next update. I'll use mods for ascent stages and what not. I build OP rockets. Using stock parts for ascent is a nightmare. Engines aren't powerful enough and tanks aren't big enough. With KW/Nova ( hope Nova gets updated soon ) I can cut my part count in half and double my fps. I only use part mods so far. MechJeb sounds nice, but I'm new to the game so actually flying my craft has yet to get old for me.

My reaction to the thread title was to microwave some popcorn and settle in to watch another mods vs. vanilla brawl. Such a letdown. :(

You and me both, brother :P

On-topic, though, I think having too many high-quality mods to choose just one is definitely a good thing. Gives people a lot of flexibility in how they want to customize their play style.

But yes, OP, do exercise a little bit of self-control :P

The reason I posted this was due to this thread...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30591-20-Compatible-and-Incompatible-incomplete-mods-list-fixes-%285-27-2013%29

I was looking through that list and was like a kid given an iphone and an unlimited funds gift card. "Oooh... that's nice... and that... and that... and that... OOOOH YES, GOT TO HAVE THAT..."

I then realised that out of the 30 mods I have installed only ONE was the one I was actually looking for out of 20. So now I have got those 30 mods and still have got another 19 to install after I update them to .20 format.

I do wish there was a way to list the various parts in text format and let us sort on name or type.... I have tooooooooooooo many parts again now.... but I want to use them.

But there is one mod I will NOT be removing.... Bobcat's Orion.... I'm in love with that model. Scared myself the first time I came in for a splashdown. Couldn't find the parachutes.... thought it was curtains for my 6 Kerbal team but right at the last second..... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH. Turns out the parachutes are set on an automatic opening device. Have to say that was the thing that finally made me bow down and say "WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NOT WORTHY!"

Edit: One thing Mods (the moderator type)... Apples aren't addictive... maybe coffee would be a better substitute... Changing it to apples causes it to make zero sense now. Mind you, I make no sense either....lol

Edited by NeoMorph

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.