Caterpillar Tracks- NOW OPEN SOURCE, ALL FILES OPEN TO PUBLIC

aarrrgh you had to just go and say that and give people ideas! That was the first thing I started doing the moment I downloaded it.

4JCyluZ.png

EDIT : above poster, check out ma speed. comparable to stock here!

Loving the truck! But Id prefer something sportier...

screenshot2.png

Is there still an operational chaingun in KSP?

I was gonna make a tank, but my only functional weaponry atm is the darn sunbeam...

EDIT: please...I need more weaponry...my KSP army is on hold! lol

Edited by KhaosCorp

edit:

I think the reverse gear on the mark 5 may be broken. I tried to make a giant gantry to put re-usable ships back together, 1 mark 5 in each corner. I set it up so that I could flip two of the mark 5s into reverse and keep the other two forward, but nothing happens on key press. I tried holding it too, to no avail.

Edited by PringleMan

edit:

I think the reverse gear on the mark 5 may be broken. I tried to make a giant gantry to put re-usable ships back together, 1 mark 5 in each corner. I set it up so that I could flip two of the mark 5s into reverse and keep the other two forward, but nothing happens on key press. I tried holding it too, to no avail.

The MK5 is occasionally buggy with the reverse gear, Im not sure why this is but is a possible side effect of being a 2-part track set. I think a workaround for now may be to brake to a complete stop, then try reversing again.

actually, did you intend to package the dll in a separate gamedata sub-folder from the actual tracks? I do not get any extended options in a right-click menu while driving, that usually indicates an incorrect plugin installation

actually, did you intend to package the dll in a separate gamedata sub-folder from the actual tracks? I do not get any extended options in a right-click menu while driving, that usually indicates an incorrect plugin installation

I will get back to you in but a moment...please hold.

Actually scratch my problems, I just noticed that you DID make the tracks recognize if they are supposed to work in tandem with others. I tested this by rigging up two side by side and driving them around. Telling it to turn right makes the right hand tracks go backwards and the left go forwards, which is exactly what you want. However it is not smart enough to know that the inside track would have to have a different torque and speed than the outside track, so it is causing each track-base to twist on it's own connection node, and thus the source of the problems I was having before. It also seems that the mark 5s have a different torque going backwards than forwards. It may be my imagination, but if so I think that needs to be fixed because 90% of what those are gonna be used for is giant platforms, and that difference might make things break apart like with my gantry

Actually scratch my problems, I just noticed that you DID make the tracks recognize if they are supposed to work in tandem with others. I tested this by rigging up two side by side and driving them around. Telling it to turn right makes the right hand tracks go backwards and the left go forwards, which is exactly what you want. However it is not smart enough to know that the inside track would have to have a different torque and speed than the outside track, so it is causing each track-base to twist on it's own connection node, and thus the source of the problems I was having before. It also seems that the mark 5s have a different torque going backwards than forwards. It may be my imagination, but if so I think that needs to be fixed because 90% of what those are gonna be used for is giant platforms, and that difference might make things break apart like with my gantry

I am actually seeing similar torque going forwards and backwards, but I will look further into this one.

I did mention that using multiple MK5's react oddly, until a fix is in place, struts are your friend here.

Looks cool, might get it once it's a bit more stable, I'm lazy when it comes to re-installing mods ;P

Post above though, that perspective makes Bop look like a pebble or something XD

Taken at the peak of a big hill. It really was seriously steep!

Cz1Kkup.png

Edited by angusmcbeth

Having a blast. Many thanks for these.

Hey Folks, dont forget to share your love for the hard work and go to the space port and rate this. They put a lot of time and effort to bring us these. Especially considering this is something the game designers said couldn't be done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.