[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Something else odd that I saw just now. I have a rather simple lander/probe build launching from Duna, when I go to build it it says Jet Fuel XXXX/XXXXX. The design has no jet fuel in it and the base has none either but it still builds no problem (not in debug mode).

JetFuel is just LiquidFuel that is in excess of the 9:11 LF:O ratio. Some tanks (eg the small sphere and hemisphere tanks, and something else, but I don't remember off hand) have a minor imbalance between LF and O.

I can't get the Smelter to work.

I have a big rover on Minmus with auger, smelter and Rocketpart Workshop. A bunch of HexCans and plenty of power.

The smelter however, does not work. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Here, have a picture:

GGbUfrB.jpg

I have a big rover on Minmus with auger, smelter and Rocketpart Workshop. A bunch of HexCans and plenty of power.

From the resources tab it would appear to be working. It's switched on and you have ore being turned into metal. It's tanks will not necessarily fill first depending on how you built it. Sit and watch it, if metal keeps filling up then it's working fine. It just won't have any special graphics or such.

From the resources tab it would appear to be working. It's switched on and you have ore being turned into metal. It's tanks will not necessarily fill first depending on how you built it. Sit and watch it, if metal keeps filling up then it's working fine. It just won't have any special graphics or such.

Thanks for your reply. But too bad.... ;.;

I double checked. Turned the smelter on, no change in the resource tab. Ore is not decreasing, metal is not increasing. Timewarped (50x). No change.

I don't get it...

Ah wait, I think I see it now. You have 0 metal and ore in the smelter but resources shows you have some on board. I think this will be down to a connection issue. 2 things you can try

1) Install TAC fuel balancer then switch to this rover open TAC FB and go to ore, hit balance all.

2) String fuel pipes between the part which has the storage for ore and metal to the smelter.

Ah wait, I think I see it now. You have 0 metal and ore in the smelter but resources shows you have some on board. I think this will be down to a connection issue. 2 things you can try

1) Install TAC fuel balancer then switch to this rover open TAC FB and go to ore, hit balance all.

2) String fuel pipes between the part which has the storage for ore and metal to the smelter.

Ore and Metal are set with flow mode as all-vessel (like RCS fuel). Fuel lines shouldn't make any difference.

Being impatien, I'll ask anew - do launchpads work while not landed (as in orbit or in air) and if not, is there a way to fix this?

No, they do not. No, there is not. If you have to launch vehicles from orbit, use the Orbital Construction mod.

Question: Can one launchpad launch a vehicle that contains another launchpad?

Also: Is there a way for the construction to be 'cheated' to the launchpad without hyper-edit? Like... Infinite fuel to make infinite space-parts?

Question: Can one launchpad launch a vehicle that contains another launchpad?

Also: Is there a way for the construction to be 'cheated' to the launchpad without hyper-edit? Like... Infinite fuel to make infinite space-parts?

1) Yes.

2) Yes, have debug = true on the launchpad module in the part .cfg

Here, have a picture:

GGbUfrB.jpg

Because your context menu says "Deactivate Converter", it looks like you might be using v3 with recent kethane rather than v3.1. Make sure you're using v3.1 of EL (there's a link to my release in the first post).

Because your context menu says "Deactivate Converter", it looks like you might be using v3 with recent kethane rather than v3.1. Make sure you're using v3.1 of EL (there's a link to my release in the first post).

True! I have v3! Since the topic title still mentions v3, I did not check for an update:blush:

Thanks!

I can confirm it works. Thanks a bunch! :D

Edited by 1of6Billion

I am having a similar problem:

Once I pass 6km altitude the camera starts moving backwards in jumps of about 1km, the ship also oscillates slightly. I manage to make orbit but I am unable to focus on my craft due to my camera being centred so far away, it also thinks my ship is under slight acceleration making my projected orbit oscillate and meaning i cant quicksave or timewarp.

anyone got any ideas or a fix?

p.s. only mods i have downloaded are kethane (worked fine used alone) and the KAS mod besides this one.

This happens to me as well and when I was trying to circularise an orbit around minmus the ship oscillated so much that my orbit went and changed into an escape trajectory , anyone know why this happens (normally happens when changing SOI near minmus, maybe other planets but i havent checked)

I'm pretty sure I have done something stupid as usual but in one of my tests the rocket workshop isn't making rocket parts even if I supply it with metal and power and it is connected to an empty huge hex rocket part can.

Okay, I'm a bit confused. I've got a kethane base on the Mun, and a Launchpad 2 mounted on the large tracks (though same thing happens with /just/ a launchpad

When I select my rocket, a kethane tanker, it appears, and then about 30 seconds later when the physics loads, it immediately goes below the surface and then explodes spectacularly. Is there some weight limit? I'm also using the launch clamps, FWIW.

Also happens with a light shuttle, and the tanker completely empty. Suspect the area might be a bit buggy, since I was launching things fine earlier.

Edited by Torminator

I do not have KSP installed now and I don't want to put this time-killer back unless I can do what I want with it, so I'll just ask you guys.

Can the launchpad in new versions build crafts while NOT landed? I know it could not in older ones. And if it can't because it's intended, can you please tell me what I need to change in .cfg file for it to work in-flight? I have an idea for air base in Jool that would use baloons to float and modified HOME AirMiner to get rocket parts from intake air. But, naturaly, it won't work if launchpad won't be able to build things in air.

It actally does Work when flosting, just not in orbit - or, at least it did in the original version of this mod. HooliganLabs made a floating launchpad with his balloons. If it doesn't Work, try anchoring it with KAS.

I've tried moving all around it, and tried with it folded up too, but I can't find anywhere to attach a dismountable KAS port to the small launchpad. What's the trick I'm missing?
Occasionally you need to reload the scene (e.g. go to the space center then back to the flight) for attachment to work, if you're not seeing any indication that you're trying to attach something.