[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

I haven't visited this thread for a while. I have been busy playing KSP. I see some nice new screen shots of the mod in action. I thought I might try my first post of an image to the forum. Here goes...

s4df2bv.jpg

Figure 1. An Extraplanetary Launchpads base established on Gilly with a second launchpad spawning probe taking off to land beside a kerbal stranded on Eve. Rescue successful! (with the aid of the HL Airships mod).

Edited by Kaa253

Just decided to give this mod a try. The most recent post I read here regarding scanning mentioned that kethane scanners find ore. Is this enabled by default, or do I need to change a .cfg file somewhere? Because my Kethane scanning probe is not finding any ore on the Mun right now

Just decided to give this mod a try. The most recent post I read here regarding scanning mentioned that kethane scanners find ore. Is this enabled by default, or do I need to change a .cfg file somewhere? Because my Kethane scanning probe is not finding any ore on the Mun right now

With the latest version of Kethane, Kethane scanners don't find ore; you'd have to send up a ship with an ore scanner on it.

With the latest version of Kethane, Kethane scanners don't find ore; you'd have to send up a ship with an ore scanner on it.

Awesome. Yea I got it now the Orbital Mass Detector is doing work, designs for something that just might be landable with a couple of augurs are in progress. The Extraplanetary industrial revolution is upon us! We're going to need some coffee.

Awesome mod, dude.

I have been trying, in my "work on the AAR" time, to get the Extra-planetary launchpads to spawn various things on Minnimus, and it seems that every time I try, the object will glitch out, and obliterate what I was trying to spawn, and the launchpad along with it. It apparently places the item at the same height as the floor upon which the launchpad is resting, causing a rather impressive explosion.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Because it is rather annoying me.

The only issue I've had with spawning on Minmus was things tripping over the fold-out pad - they all spawned a metre or so above it ( and promptly fell on it ), not had a single thing spawn inside the pad, or the runway, or the pad I knocked up. I've always spawned things on the ice lakes though.

I have had some trouble with spawned ships exploding lately. I found that one of the TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancers was spawning in a position clipping the launchpad. In the VAB I rotated the entire ship by 20 degrees or so to get clearance, saved the craft, and then I had no more problems.

Edited by Kaa253

Mecan1k: it might not necessarily be the gun mod, but wheels. Wide-spread wheels spawned on a raised launchpad gave me no end of trouble, but using a launch clamp to hold the vehicle above the pad until after physics kicked in worked around the problem. You can then recycle the clamps after staging.

Something I've noticed pretty consistently - if I've used the KSC launchpad in a session and then switch to one of my extraplanetary launchpads (or vice versa, use an ex-lp and then try to use the KSC launchpad) it almost always causes a client crash.

So, a full medium spherical tank of metal and a half full medium spherical tank of ore is enough to break my game o_o I dropped out of time warp at snails pace to about 1 FPS, before the tank tipped off its mount, tore the struts, and exploded! It was wonderful. But how do I stop it happening so I can actually use things?? From what I've tried to read of this massive thread, I'm guessing its something to do with the resource densities, or masses, or something? Is there a way to change them, if it is? I mean I'm all for realism, and I usually hate making things OP, but the framerate alone is unplayable :/

As far as I know, mass does not affect framerate. My suggestion: don't mount the tanks on anything. At most, put some stabilizing legs around the tanks such that the legs just touch the ground when the tank is resting on the ground. That way it won't fall over, but the legs won't be supporting the full weight.

If you think a half-full medium tank is scary, check out the full mass of the large tanks :).

Is there any thing stopping me from using this to build ships in orbit? As in, will this pad work if I hook it to a station?

As far as I can tell, it might spawn things for you while in orbit, but if it does, they will smash into your station and probably destroy it. It can't hurt much to try, but do it in a fresh save. :)

Meanwhile, I think this goes here:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Mihara
ack, typo

If you're using one of the smaller pads to spawn things you can just move stuff in the VAB *way* offcentre before you save it - then when you come to spawn it'll appear away from the pad itself, and just drop to the ground.

Nice album Mihara! the interior is one of the Fustek expansion parts?

If you're using one of the smaller pads to spawn things you can just move stuff in the VAB *way* offcentre before you save it - then when you come to spawn it'll appear away from the pad itself, and just drop to the ground.

The one problem with that is that it's easy to make a mistake and spawn it off center in the wrong direction so it collides with something. :) But if you're extra careful, that will work.

Nice album Mihara! the interior is one of the Fustek expansion parts?

No, it's a lab module by zzz.

I'm wondering if he could be convinced to make a set of models for ELP processors, because these would be the best thing to happen to ELP since the new launchpad.

I've looked around on here but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

The mod is great and I love it, although the size of some of the parts can make them difficult to work with!

My question relates to Ore consumption when it's mined. Kethane gets depleted over time, but when I'm mining ore I don't see the amount where I'm mining getting depleted on the map. Kethane gets depleted but Ore does not, and yes I've checked it's actually getting mined and my tanks are filling up :)

Is this intended or have I missed a trick?

Debug is set to false in the launchpad part.cfg - is there another setting I need to toggle?