Naval Battle League 2016-2018

4 minutes ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

HatBat and I are indeed still accepting surface submissions, though it's admittedly a very selective process due to the fact that only so many craft can be squeezed into one episode (or even the series as a whole), and that there's many, many submitted craft (possibly more than just on the thread, since I don't know how many people try to submit to him through alternate channels of communication) out there, and only so many can make the cut. However, I did look at some of your craft; the Core 3 Nano's one that I definitely have my eye on. However, no guarantees on whether or not it gets in at this point- that's up to HatBat at the end of the day.

Ahh, thanks for the update. Back on topic, quasarrgames is available, as is sdj64. I think that sdj64 may have "dibs" on quasarrgames.

Edited by Alphasus

1 hour ago, sdj64 said:

Alright, I haven't done a battle in over a year probably, and it will be good for you to get experience.  Let's head to Eeloo (assuming you have Hyperedit, if you don't, a close destination such as Mun is fine).

Around the time I was last really involved, people were starting to make the first super-modular ships with probe cores everywhere, that could reassemble themselves after they got hit.  There were some heated disagreements about what counts as destroyed.  For this battle I won't take weapons or fuel from any piece with a pod or probe core, unless it's a guided missile.

You can set up first.

Alright then, I have HyperEdit, so Eeloo it is. I'll set my ships up as soon as I can.

Ah modular designs. I think I tried to build one of those at one stage and completely gave up on it. I'll follow the same rule as you. Although I doubt my ships can actually take weapons or fuel in the first place.

Since the battle is 150t if I recall correctly I'll bring 2 Fahreneits (40t each) and a Kelvin (70t). Hopefully the ships can survive against your vessels and have powerful enough weapons to actually do any damage.

EDIT: You shall be facing the following:

DSS Bringer of Death (Fahreneit class Corvette)

DSS Searing Spite (Fahreneit class Corvette)

DSS Destroyer of Worlds (Kelvin class Frigate)

I'll send the persist as soon as I can.

Edited by Dillonator407

Wait what?

I can battle you too, @ScriptKitt3h.  But I only have those two ships finished.  I'll see if I can put together something bigger.  I have a cruiser in progress that will probably turn out around 90 tons.

Script, you told Quasar that you could battle him, before I asked for a battle.  So if he is around, you can go against him first while I go against Dillon.

@Dillonator407 do you want to go first?

Edited by sdj64

My apologies for how long it took to send this.

Battle of Eeloo (very creative I know):

Rules of Engagement: 3 ships, 150 tons, Eeloo SOI, no stealing supplies from any vessel with a probe core or pod attached to it (guided missiles exempt)

DTI Fleet:

EAz0Yd5.png

DSS Destroyer of Worlds (Kelvin class Frigate mkI v3)

iCfvVJZ.png

DSS Bringer of Death (Fahreneit class Corvette mkI v2)

2LTkmCh.png

DSS Searing Spite (Fahreneit class Corvette mkI v2)

The DTI fleet, far from the Sun, awaits the arrival of hostile forces. Hopefully these vessels can prove themselves in battle. As in, prove that they are capable warships, and not prove how explosive their innards are.

Persist: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=96313874963761167373 (tell me if it fails I'm unfamiliar with this sort of thing)

I'll go first if you want, but you can go first if you want to. I'm fine either way.

Edited by Dillonator407
Apologies

6 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

I'm fine battling whoever. To be honest i'm kind of flattered people are calling Dibs on me.

So, @ScriptKitt3h, if you still want to battle, Duna would be a better place. It would be better if you set up as well, if that's fine with you.

I think you do have a fight with ScriptKitt3h then.

Edited by Alphasus

11 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

I'm fine battling whoever. To be honest i'm kind of flattered people are calling Dibs on me.

So, @ScriptKitt3h, if you still want to battle, Duna would be a better place. It would be better if you set up as well, if that's fine with you.

Alright then, lemme set-up and I'll have it posted here ASAP.

On 8/13/2016 at 11:42 AM, sdj64 said:

Destroyer - 66 tons

QXaHlUN.png

Corvette - 34 tons

K06BOjV.png

Just curious but did you by any chance base those off of my old AKS class-IV corvette?  Not that i have anything against that (and if you did id honestly be really impressed), but the external appearance, as well as the front weapon (which is a SRM-6M with a different shape) is just really similar.

szzB4zE.png

Btw, if it isnt too much of a bother could you upload somewhere so i can take a look at them?

1 hour ago, panzer1b said:

Just curious but did you by any chance base those off of my old AKS class-IV corvette?  Not that i have anything against that (and if you did id honestly be really impressed), but the external appearance, as well as the front weapon (which is a SRM-6M with a different shape) is just really similar.

*image*

Btw, if it isnt too much of a bother could you upload somewhere so i can take a look at them?

I did base the weapon off of your SRM-6M.  But the hull design was an attempt to match the visual style of these ships that I made a a few months ago, but more durable and lower in part count.  

u8RcIgh.png

I'll upload the craft files when the battle is done, or you can download the persist from the battle to test them.

My set up and first turn will be ready soon.

My forces arrived at Eeloo and set up around a 1000 km orbit.  Two Cielo class corvettes - Alacrity and Draco (34 tons each), and one Aqua class destroyer - Sarissa (68 tons with a larger external tank).  Total 136 tons.

The name ESPER stands for Element Spacecraft Productions and Experimental Research.  I thought I would fight under a new name since the last time Reacher Industries battled, the year was 2014!

Draco moved first, intercepting Searing Sprite.  It held up well to the initial volley of I beams, but the guided missile was able to split the ship, knocking off the rear engines and fuel.  Draco has two I beam missiles remaining.  Sprite isn't dead, but it can't go very far (looks like there is some RCS that can move it but that's it)

Pictures:  http://imgur.com/a/lX7XW

Save File:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/itfk59vwzoi7p8h/persistent.sfs?dl=0

3 hours ago, sdj64 said:

My forces arrived at Eeloo and set up around a 1000 km orbit.  Two Cielo class corvettes - Alacrity and Draco (34 tons each), and one Aqua class destroyer - Sarissa (68 tons with a larger external tank).  Total 136 tons.

The name ESPER stands for Element Spacecraft Productions and Experimental Research.  I thought I would fight under a new name since the last time Reacher Industries battled, the year was 2014!

Draco moved first, intercepting Searing Sprite.  It held up well to the initial volley of I beams, but the guided missile was able to split the ship, knocking off the rear engines and fuel.  Draco has two I beam missiles remaining.  Sprite isn't dead, but it can't go very far (looks like there is some RCS that can move it but that's it)

I'm glad that the vessel could defend against the I-beams. From what I can see (and I could easily be wrong here) it seems the engine simply got split from the main craft. The armour seems to work as intended, although I'll have to try to reinforce the engines later. The DSS Searing Spite has power (I think) and weapons, and very bad propulsion, so it's still alive. Draco has weapons propulsion and power too, so it's still operational. I'm just happy that my ship is still functional, I expected it to die straight away.

I shall take my turn when I can, I have some temporary technical issues so I can't right now. Hopefully my weapons can do any damage to your ships.

Alright, so I've setup around Duna for my battle with @quasarrgames.

Rules are SOI=Duna, 4 ships, with each ship being less than or equal to 120 tons (with some margin of error alloted if quasarr wants to pull out all the stops on one of his ships), and no exploit-based weaponry allowed (i.e., no "Kraken-bombs", etc.).

O87QYYt.png

Following reports of unidentified, non-settlement ship vessels in the the SOI of Duna, MU Expeditionary Force Vigilant was dispatched to the dusty red world to secure its orbital space and ensure that no hostile forces might interfere with the ongoing civilian colonization efforts on the surface.

MU Task Force  Vigilant is comprised of:

The (less than 100 tons) MU NX-15 Scruffy Lookin' Nerf-Herder, a medium-strength gunboat armed with a large multi-barrel i-beam cannon and twin mini-ASMs...

cLiv3Sp.png

The (less than 100 tons) MU NX-H Singularitarian's Dream (I may have misspelled it in-game on the ship's IFF tag/name), a stealth-tech equipped warship armed with a total of 4 1.25m MU ASM Evo v2 guided shipkiller missiles...

Sc2LD17.png

The (less than 100 tons) MU NX-16 Razor's Edge is a unique, high-tech "picket ship", meant for planetary defense, but equally suited to taking the fight to the enemy using its quad Barracuda M.A.W. mini-ASMs...

0phMBaJ.png

And finally, the (113 ton) NX-19 Scipio Africanus is a tough, new-age ship-of-the-line meant for direct engagement against military vessels, armed with multiple i-beam missiles and 2 vertically-launched ASM Evo v2 guided shipkiller missiles.

6lncNUC.png

Persist

Your move, @quasarrgames.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

5 hours ago, sdj64 said:

All in all nice ships.  The destroyer is comparable to my class-III corvettes in role and capabilities.  Its got a hair better armor protection then my ship, but its got less TWR, less range, and cant carry quite as much payload while retaining decent operating range (and its easier to disarm).  The corvettes are very good too, with hulls that are extremely hard to vaporize(i have harder time killing these then the destroyer), with the only easy way to achieve a kill being destroying the weapons/engines/fuel, the last of which is pretty exposed.

I really need to find a way to deal with mobility kills, its the ONE thing i cant seem to fix after years of ship development, almost all engine armoring that isnt extremely heavy and high on parts fails to stop enemy fire...  At least there is still something left to work at besides cutting down part counts.

2 hours ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

Alright, so I've setup around Duna for my battle with @quasarrgames.

Rules are SOI=Duna, 4 ships, with each ship being less than or equal to 120 tons (with some margin of error alloted if quasarr wants to pull out all the stops on one of his ships), and no exploit-based weaponry allowed (i.e., no "Kraken-bombs", etc.).

Following reports of unidentified, non-settlement ship vessels in the the SOI of Duna, MU Expeditionary Force Vigilant was dispatched to the dusty red world to secure its orbital space and ensure that no hostile forces might interfere with the ongoing civilian colonization efforts on the surface.

MU Task Force  Vigilant is comprised of:

(pictures of really heavy ships)

Your move, @quasarrgames.

Oh my.

I don't have any ships anywhere near 120 tons. My largest operating ship, the Eversor, is slightly under 90. I'll add some more weapons and fuel onto my ships to make them more formidable. Maybe i'll quickly make a new ship (though that might not end well).

Anyways, i should (hopefully) be able to cobble something together within the next 24 hours.

1 hour ago, panzer1b said:

All in all nice ships.  The destroyer is comparable to my class-III corvettes in role and capabilities.  Its got a hair better armor protection then my ship, but its got less TWR, less range, and cant carry quite as much payload while retaining decent operating range (and its easier to disarm).  The corvettes are very good too, with hulls that are extremely hard to vaporize(i have harder time killing these then the destroyer), with the only easy way to achieve a kill being destroying the weapons/engines/fuel, the last of which is pretty exposed.

I really need to find a way to deal with mobility kills, its the ONE thing i cant seem to fix after years of ship development, almost all engine armoring that isnt extremely heavy and high on parts fails to stop enemy fire...  At least there is still something left to work at besides cutting down part counts.

Thanks for the review.  It is unfortunate, and probably realistic, that engines and fuel are the weakest part of a combat space ship.  I'm glad I have a good technique for durable hulls now, and the larger ships in this line will hopefully have better range.

43 minutes ago, quasarrgames said:

Oh my.

I don't have any ships anywhere near 120 tons. My largest operating ship, the Eversor, is slightly under 90. I'll add some more weapons and fuel onto my ships to make them more formidable. Maybe i'll quickly make a new ship (though that might not end well).

Anyways, i should (hopefully) be able to cobble something together within the next 24 hours.

They don't have to strictly be 100-ish tons, I just set the value around there to have plenty of reasonable wiggle room, since some players (like myself) build more complicated, heavier vessels, while others (like you, for example) might build more lighter-mass ships. If need be (to speed things along), I don't mind you bringing perhaps your normal ships and something like a fighter if that streamlines the process of you getting into battle.

The DSS Bringer of Death launched an attack on the Alacrity. After way too many attempts at perfecting the interception course, the vessel finally began its attack run the ESPER ship. Unconfident in my aiming skills, I waited to get close before I fired the forward salvo. The shot was a hit, although initially it seemed to do nothing. Thus, the guided missiles were launched. Well, they were attempted to be launched. The first one got stuck in the pod and spun the ship before it could get out. Then only after I had launched it at maximum acceleration did I realise that I had managed to get the probe core on it the wrong way around.

Sighing, I tried to correct this on my second missile, but I simply missed the target. Looks like DTI has some issues to fix. Sadly I was so caught up in trying to focus on shooting that I didn't get any images, so sorry about that.

After all that, I decided to put my vessel, now unarmed but still technically alive, into a higher, slightly inclined Eeloo orbit in hopes of escaping pursuit. It has over half its fuel to spare, despite many failed manoeuvres (yes, I have been trying to avoid saying that as long as I can, who invented the spelling of that word). Hopefully this is enough to counter enemy plans of attack.

z5gGaSr.png

A more detailed examination of the vessel was interesting. In what I can only assume is a colossal blessing of luck, the engine block got separated. I think anyway. Looks like this will be the bane of both sides in the Battle of Eeloo.

Persist: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=11128917107187024978

Album: http://imgur.com/a/ZnOVS

Edited by Dillonator407

8 hours ago, Dillonator407 said:

The DSS Bringer of Death launched an attack on the Alacrity. After way too many attempts at perfecting the interception course, the vessel finally began its attack run the ESPER ship. Unconfident in my aiming skills, I waited to get close before I fired the forward salvo. The shot was a hit, although initially it seemed to do nothing. Thus, the guided missiles were launched. Well, they were attempted to be launched. The first one got stuck in the pod and spun the ship before it could get out. Then only after I had launched it at maximum acceleration did I realise that I had managed to get the probe core on it the wrong way around.

Sighing, I tried to correct this on my second missile, but I simply missed the target. Looks like DTI has some issues to fix. Sadly I was so caught up in trying to focus on shooting that I didn't get any images, so sorry about that.

After all that, I decided to put my vessel, now unarmed but still technically alive, into a higher, slightly inclined Eeloo orbit in hopes of escaping pursuit. It has over half its fuel to spare, despite many failed manoeuvres (yes, I have been trying to avoid saying that as long as I can, who invented the spelling of that word). Hopefully this is enough to counter enemy plans of attack.

*image*

A more detailed examination of the vessel was interesting. In what I can only assume is a colossal blessing of luck, the engine block got separated. I think anyway. Looks like this will be the bane of both sides in the Battle of Eeloo.

Persist: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=11128917107187024978

Album: http://imgur.com/a/ZnOVS

With Alacrity immobile, Sarissa moved in to destroy the remaining ship, the Destroyer of Worlds.  It fired one guided missile in a decisive strike, breaking the ship into pieces.

After this turn I don't think you have any armed, mobile ships left but I am uploading the persist in case you have another move in mind.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/lX7XW

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e502efvlkfa6wzx/persistent.sfs?dl=0

3 hours ago, sdj64 said:

With Alacrity immobile, Sarissa moved in to destroy the remaining ship, the Destroyer of Worlds.  It fired one guided missile in a decisive strike, breaking the ship into pieces.

After this turn I don't think you have any armed, mobile ships left but I am uploading the persist in case you have another move in mind.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/lX7XW

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e502efvlkfa6wzx/persistent.sfs?dl=0

After trying to reach the Sarissa with the DSS Searing Spite using RCS, I had an idea. If I could bring the Bringer of Death in (no weapons but does have propulsion) I could use it to propel the Searing Spite (weapons, no engines). However, I eventually gave up on this plan.

As such, victory goes to ESPER. Congratulations.

What I learned:

Must fix guided missiles!

Should save at least a missile so I can have a technically operational ship to send into high orbit.

Fahrenheits have loads of fuel it seems. I should use that to my advantage.

Fahrenheit I-beam salvoes can cripple smaller ships with luck.

I didn't get to test the Kelvin before it got obliterated.

On 14/08/2016 at 11:15 PM, ScriptKitt3h said:

They don't have to strictly be 100-ish tons, I just set the value around there to have plenty of reasonable wiggle room, since some players (like myself) build more complicated, heavier vessels, while others (like you, for example) might build more lighter-mass ships. If need be (to speed things along), I don't mind you bringing perhaps your normal ships and something like a fighter if that streamlines the process of you getting into battle.

You mean, i'd have 5 ships and a fighter and you'd have four heavy ships? That sounds fine. What would be the mass of the fighter, in that case?

Also, sorry it's taking a while. I downloaded your ships from the MU-NX page to train on them. Even with training, your ships have armor that's tough to crack. I need to boost my ships' armor up a little bit. I have my work cut out for me.

Edited by quasarrgames

5 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

You mean, i'd have 5 ships and a fighter and you'd have four heavy ships? That sounds fine. What would be the mass of the fighter, in that case?

Also, sorry it's taking a while. I downloaded your ships from the MU-NX page to train on them. Even with training, your ships have armor that's tough to crack. I need to boost my ships' armor up a little bit. I have my work cut out for me.

I'm now ready to restart the battle.

ScriptKitt3h is one of those people that I haven't beat because the armor is very good on his ships. The weapons are also strong if they hit you.

11 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

All of them (minus the NX-16 which is OP as hell) can be killed by either torps or ibeams fairly easily if you know where to aim. 

Against the helios you want to aim at its engines but shoot from the either above or below it, best way to kill it, or if you are a gambling man shoot its center of mass and you may cause a glorious "poof" instakilling it (albeit not reliably). 

Against the NX-15 attack from top/bottom and shoot the core area and you have a good chance of splitting it with a few direct hits, and while its not guaranteed to split, when it does its useless as the main weapon and engines are done for.  You can try to go for a mobility kill but the engines are both semi protected and are spread out meaning you will need alot of shots per engine to actually guarantee this, for me 6 ibeams are minimum i need for that.

Against the NX-19 shoot it with anything from the front (it has to be a centralized weapon so it hits the docking port area and not the side hulls which are basically tough armor and have nothing valuable inside them).  Most of the time you will neuter it by doing massive internal damage and are almost guaranteed to remove its primary weapons (without which the thing is near useless as it has 4 decentralized ibeams left (and those rarely kill anything without insane luck). 

As for the NX-16, well you are screwed literally since its basically impossible to vaporize.  Your only hope there is going for a mobility kill by shooting teh rear area wityh multiple direct hits or a ASM at lower velocity to guarantee precision.  That said, it has the least firepower of anything so i reccomend just leaving it for the end and hoping for the best, nothing that ive ever tried against it is reliable on any level :(...

That said, to do anything to these ships you need extreme precision on your weapons, which means cockpit to aim from with the main gun centralized or in a location that you can compensate for (say aim slightly to the left of the target if your weapons are located on the right side and vice versa).  With low precision weapons (and without ASMs) you can never achieve reliable damage unless they are very heavy like RT-10+alot of structural parts inside or the like.

Edited by panzer1b

15 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Something reasonable, like a small, standalone starfighter-type singleship or drone with light weapons (i-beams, 0.625 meter missiles, etc.) I'm personally not too concerned with masses in this case given that my ships all are comparatively pretty heavy in the first place (not to discount lighter vessels though, I've won fights in the past via good fighter usage).

Armor really is an iffy thing- you can craft it to what you consider the pinnacle of design, and have it fail when it needs to function perfectly, or have it function perfectly as a fluke when you thought it would fail. KSP's physics modeling is somewhat like that these days, and it makes things interesting when the time comes to commit to an engagement.

@ScriptKitt3h

After losing Duna to the Alphasian fleet, the Quasar Space agency sent reinforcements to regain security in the system, only to discover that the Alphasian fleet had already been destroyed. New ships were detected, some with up to 700 parts per vessel, profoundly violating interplanetary complexity laws. To try to maintain the stability and performance of the universe, the Fleet of Quasarr tried to hail these vessels, to get them to split apart to save processor memory. Met with hostile responses, the Fleet decided to split the enemy ships apart manually.

The fleet consists of:

VCOFPG3.png

Two Arcus-class cruisers (75 tons each), each with five 1.25m missiles, two guided anti-fighter/subsystem seeker missiles, and one 9-ton P.L.O.W Shipkiller missile.

MsNvPpe.png

The newly-refurbished Eversor Battleship (90 tons), with eight missiles and two seekers. Though its external weapons were knocked off in a previous battle, it's armor has not yet been cracked.

5sffF6g.png

The new 132-ton Axima Dreadnought was deployed as well. It's armor is similar to the Eversor's, but it has sixteen missiles in total, two of them shipkillers. (I took your advice and went all out with this one, Heh)

This was the layout of the fleet (my ships have the Station icon)

Spoiler

pHVBx8o.png

Anyways, the Arcus cruiser Exsequor rendezvoused with the Singulatarian's Dream.

Spoiler

qcvI1Cg.png

RxmmWqe.png

A volley of five unguided missiles were launched at it, three at the engines, two at the front weaponry. I think i destroyed the root part as well, or at least the root drone core.

Spoiler

NmDiu3s.png

QYJy4Px.png

TAu62Iv.png

At one point, some structural glitch caused a large section of rear armor to tear off, allowing me to knock off the engines and half the weaponry. Sadly for me, i lost that part of the battle and had to redo it. Even after launching all the weaponry, including the PLOW, the ship was not destroyed. It's a sorry sight as you can see, but it's still functional. I am disappoint. 

Your turn.

Persistent:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs4rfb5gt72yhg0/Turn 1 complete.sfs?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.