Game crashes: how often

Nereid

My game crashes almost every few hours. I do have Avast! installed, and I do not want to get rid of it. I did add it to my list of allowed applications, but it still has issues.

I even disabled Avast! temporarily, and I still had crashes.

So yeah, it would be really nice if these issues could be fixed, cause losing hours of work in the VAB/SPH is really frustrating.

Since 0.19, I've had exactly 3 crashes, all within the same day, and I blame a mod (Don't remember which). I've left the game running for 24+ hours once and it worked without a hitch. That 24 consisted of 12 hours of my making random things, or waiting for things to happen, then going to bed and letting the Kethane scanner do its job.

Every 45 minutes to an hour I get a crash. Sometimes I notice things right before it crashes such as the sky turning black, poor framerate, or the screenshot function not working. A lot of the time it crashes when clicking end flight, or SPH/VAB. Crashing upon pressing launch is also common. I hope that Squad can track these bugs down in the next release.

Lots of mods and I get maybe four or five crashes a day at most. AT MOST. Used to be 20 to 30 back in 18.4. This is Windoze version. Have to say that even though I DO get crashes that it's not much hassle. For some reason I don't stress out when I crash nowadays... I just do a comic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and press the restart KSP button and come browse the forums while I wait (like just... I confused KSP with a converted ship from 19.1 and it fell over).

For an Alpha it's pretty darn stable considering.

EDIT: So it just crashed again ARRRGH

I think I tempted fate saying it was stable. I do keep getting this thing about "Get thread failed" or something like that.

Edited by NeoMorph

Well... I think I was able to get more stability in KSP. It's a bit to early to be sure, but I finally could install the B9 aerospace mod, that caused KSP not to start in my old installation. And absolutely no crashes so far.

What have I done? Well simple answer: Installing 0.20-2 vanilla again and installed one mod after another, keeping track of all changes (using subversion); only 0.20 compatible mods and avoiding mods that dont use the GameData folder (with a few exceptions).

My first install of KSP was obviously a bis compromised with incombatible and incomplete removed mods. I suspect the Nova Punch 1.5 mod to be responsible for most crashes, because thats the only bigger mod I left out.

About 3 hours of play with massive testing, crashing vessels, go to start plattform and back to VAB very often and no crashes so far. In my last install I would have expected to have at least 3 crashes doing this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.