Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

I just had a horrible thought. I am lucky he just wants stock..if these ships had to have life support mods...*shiver* Or..or we had to build within or under a certain price range. How many of these designs would make it? :)

Quetion can we officially submit on here? Or is it better to use this as just inspiration/a guide?

Both. Look at and even download the other designs to peek at. Then submit yours here. It may seem like a long thread and you may think of sending your design via email. But I can bet his mail box is spammed to the point of exploding.

I just had a horrible thought. I am lucky he just wants stock..if these ships had to have life support mods...*shiver* Or..or we had to build within or under a certain price range. How many of these designs would make it? :)

somewhere that would be fun, Also has any of you a good idea where to host craft/persistant files ??

Hi guys, in this post I am introducing my support craft.

First up: The P.I.G. (can anyone come up with a witty acronym for this) salvage and rescue craft.

i5zD39t.jpg

Stats: 80 parts (324 at launch), 61 tons (97 with drop tanks), 2880 liquid fuel (5760 with tanks), RCS enabled and xenon storage included, crew of 2 and space for 4 passengers.

Designed to root through the wreckage of battle and rescue survivors and fuel prior to transferring rescued personnel to the carrier and prisoners to a mobile holding facility (work in progress, coming soon. It will include lockable chambers to prevent escape as well as a prisoner execution chamber). The P.I.G. also comes equipped with a ventral communication array and posterior docking port (ahem :wink:). She made it Laythe despite me being an idiot and ejecting the drop tanks still full of fuel, silly me.

Next up, the Fuel barge, shown refueling K.S.S. Carnifex (the upgrades to Carnifex's stern armour can also be seen in the image):

b7i4Hok.jpg

Stats: 90 parts (308 at launch). 13005 LF + 2 Jumbo drop tanks (makes it to Laythe with all of the primary fuel left and about 200 units in drop tanks), 200 t mass, up to 6 crew (optional), RCS and reaction wheel enabled.

Ammo barge #1:

OHJeGZi.jpg

Stats: 431 parts (390 of those are the magazine, 564 parts at launch), 9360 LF (Laythe capable), Rcs enabled, 189 tons, 0 crew.

Carries a single Magazine of ammo for K.S.S. Carnifex; you simply eject the rear half of the ship and fly the rest down the barrel to dock. It reloads all 51 primary missiles in one go. It actually can be used as a warship itself if you eject the tug from the end.

I also have a scout craft I previously posted:

R12OiBF.jpg

Ammo barge #2 is also under construction, it will come with a variety of loadouts (shown carrying fighter ammo cartridges) and a tugboat in order to service all remaining warships in the fleet, I am planning on making this one modular so that it can become an unarmoured cruiser once it's primary role has been fulfilled:

RQkOe7j.jpg

Edited by Mr Tegu
spelling and image mistakes

So I've been trying to catch up with this thread. Browsed 43 pages so far and theres lots of good stuff!

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to design a reloadable missile system that retains action groups.

So far my reloading systems have been manual fire missiles since after the first set, your action groups become worthless. Is there a way to reload a bank of missiles that have assigned action groups? I've been able to do it by storing the ammo on a separate ship, but it'd be cool to have the ammo on-board the ship that its designed for.

Basic design so far is a battleship with 3, maybe 5 guns on the top deck and an ammo bay underneath. A drone would be used to ferry the new ammo in place once the guns have been fired. Probably 100% pointless since the likelihood of firing a second volley of missiles is pretty low, but I'd just like some input since I've been fiddling with this for a couple hours.

Thanks!

(Sorry if this is off topic)

The Hellas Corps engineers have come up with a new ship, although it's not what anyone expected. Bill Jr. wanted another missile boat, Jeb the 33rd wanted a carrier to land on, and Bob V wanted a sensible transport. The only thing they could agree on was that it should be HUGE. Thus the Othrys class carrier was born.

nnSdDed.jpg

The Othrys holds 149 tonnes of fuel and can haul a virtually unlimited amount of fuel with it's rear facing jumbo docking ports. It sports 2 Hades and 8 Kaos class missiles. Last, but not least, it will carry a squadron of 4 Mosquito MkIV and 2 Isprit MkVII (N) anywhere in the system.

73BCrkL.jpg

The carrier itself is a hefty 311 parts. When loaded with a full compliment of fighters it weighs in at an impressive 583 parts and nearly 300 tonnes.

My official submission post has been updated to include a new carrier, the HCS Atlas CVX-01 in a high Laythe orbit with a squadron of fighters.

Well as prommised the .craft files and the persistant file for my posts(http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37169-Spiritwolf-Hanland-Submissions?p=595914&viewfull=1#post595914);

http://www./download/6vhii999q8rc7n4/ksp_data.zip

most ships do not need a guide to get into outerspace. This how ever excludes the Gaia space station. To get it into a stable orbit go straight up. DO NOT DO A GRAVITY TURN. wait till you are out of atmosfeer completly before you turn and boost again.

If anyboyd knows how to improve any of my lifters plz do tell. I did not include the proofs of there positions yet since it is a huge bucket of screenshots of wich some are from failed flights so i need to sort it out and am a bit short on time atm.

I hope you enjoy em.

P.S. if you load in the persistant file I docked a hermes class ship at gaia space station so if you have a slow computer i advice turning down graphics to a bare bone minimum since it now goes beyond 400 parts with the docked ships attached to it. But i had to do it it just looks to awesome :cool:.

Edited by tim20913

Ship: Project Genesis Excalibur MK3 exo-atmostpheiric precision fighter.

Company: Project Genesis

Company Bio: Project Genesis is a small company that promotes peace. They believe in only one God and broke off of Spiritwolf after dispute between poly/mono theism (Macey Dean says the gods help Spiritwolf). After braking off, Project Genesis continued with the same goals in colonizing the Kerbol system. However when war broke out between Spiritwolf and Hanland, Project Genesis began to realize they needed to build up their own arms in the case ether company attacked them.

The Excalibur MK3 is a short range fighter that can use its STS-7 Judgement Missiles to hit capital ships command centers or engines with pinpoint accuracy.

Can be refueled by docking with its small docking port on the nose.

Allegiance: Spiritwolf (if contacted and persuaded to join)/ Neutral

Part Count: 129 total (including launcher)

Craft file: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/project-genesis-excalibur-mk3-exo-atmospheric-precision-fighter-with-launcher-all-stock/

Action Keys:

1. Toggle Fighters engines

2. Toggle Solar Panels

3. Detach nose missile and activate its engine

4 & 5. Detach wing missiles and activate their engines

Pre-Launch

Screenshot111.png

Launch

Screenshot114.png

Gravity Turn

Screenshot117.png

Stage 1 separation

Screenshot121.png

Extending Solar Panels

Screenshot122.png

Orbital Circular Burn

Screenshot125.png

After completing the orbit and ditching the 2nd stage, the Excalibur MK3 is now ready to take on anything any enemy of Project Genesis can throw at it.

Screenshot132.png

Edited by War Eagle 1

Hi, I'm working on network of "SpacePorts" (refuelling station with extra ports and stuff) but I can't find here (I'm propably blind) answers to few questions...

2013-08-20_00152.jpg

Early design of the "SpacePort" (It has 14 regular, 2 junior and 2 senior docking ports (unused)

Question #1: If the station is built by docking sections together, should I post .craft file of the station with all sections together or send each section with it's lifter(and thingy that gets it far far far away from kerbin)?

Question #2: If the station itself has less then 300parts, but there are docked small crafts (for logistics or as escape pods) which gets it over 300parts, is that ok or not?

Question #3: How much fuel is required to fully fuel up SpiritWolf's Navy Carrier and ships/fighters inside of him? :rolleyes:

I would like to apologize for my terrible english because it isn't my native language, and also thanks for anyresponses :wink:.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to design a reloadable missile system that retains action groups.

So far my reloading systems have been manual fire missiles since after the first set, your action groups become worthless. Is there a way to reload a bank of missiles that have assigned action groups? I've been able to do it by storing the ammo on a separate ship, but it'd be cool to have the ammo on-board the ship that its designed for.

Thanks!

(Sorry if this is off topic)

In my experience, the best method is to include a Seperatron and Sepperator powered rocket system, ignoring action groups entirely in favor of Staging.

Ah that makes a lot more sense. Much less complicated for sure!

Another question for you guys. What do you feel is a good number to shoot for as far as a tanker's fuel capacity is? I've seen quite a large variance in the sizes of tanker submissions so far.

Ah that makes a lot more sense. Much less complicated for sure!

Another question for you guys. What do you feel is a good number to shoot for as far as a tanker's fuel capacity is? I've seen quite a large variance in the sizes of tanker submissions so far.

In my opinion it depends on the purpose, if you only need it to ferry fuel between a station and a ship you don't need it to be that big. But if you are planning on moving it to other planets it is very usefull to have large amounts of spare fuel since you don't want to send one multiple times. For kerbin orbital fuel luggers i hold on to around 1 orange tank worth of fuel. I have the craft file for my fuel lugger in the craft repo i on the previeus page, Feel free to take a look at that to get a visual about what i mean.

XD i find it quite cruel that you tell us you found something awesome but don't include it instantly to the post.........

I find it suspicious myself, but to each it's own. I'd bet he's either reinventing the wheel, or selling smoke.

Rune. Nothing new under the sun... which begs the question: where is over the sun, exactly?.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.