Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

Zokesia Skunkworks: Bringing Back Flattops.

INWbJZX.jpg

KUrACpL.png

The Oxford is an old Battlecruiser refitted with a flattop, four fighters, and resupply missiles for them. at 950 parts she isn't very useful but the next, Olympus class will have no battlecruiser armor and so will be lighter and less laggy. But Oxford​ is so beautiful...

But Oxford​ is so beautiful...

She is, she is indeed. And considering how useful a flattop is in space... who cares about part count or lag?

Rune. Looks before usefulness, that's my motto. :P

She is, she is indeed. And considering how useful a flattop is in space... who cares about part count or lag?

Rune. Looks before usefulness, that's my motto. :P

Actually, you can stack a lot of ships down the flattop. It's not that useless...

Actually, you can stack a lot of ships down the flattop. It's not that useless...

Except it actually reduces the available surface area to stack ships on... looks awesome tho, so who cares; mmm shiny! I want one. I've D/Ld the wales class to mess about with (needs moar missiles imho, but then again, I would say that).

I must admit some of you're designs are achingly beautiful, the Mjolnir class carrier and Bayonet are especially gorgeous.

Except it actually reduces the available surface area to stack ships on... looks awesome tho, so who cares; mmm shiny! I want one. I've D/Ld the wales class to mess about with (needs moar missiles imho, but then again, I would say that).

I must admit some of you're designs are achingly beautiful, the Mjolnir class carrier and Bayonet are especially gorgeous.

Lol i didnt make the Mjolnir or Bayonet, that was Spartwo :D but yeah i think it needs more than 8 missiles.

Zokesia Skunkworks: Bringing Back Flattops.

INWbJZX.jpg

KUrACpL.png

The Oxford is an old Battlecruiser refitted with a flattop, four fighters, and resupply missiles for them. at 950 parts she isn't very useful but the next, Olympus class will have no battlecruiser armor and so will be lighter and less laggy. But Oxford​ is so beautiful...

Hey Zekes, I have been working on a precision type destroyer. However I have yet to get it to orbit. Would you be willing to team up to fix this problem. I provide the ship, you make the launcher. We both get 50% of the glory. What do you say?

Hey Zekes, I have been working on a precision type destroyer. However I have yet to get it to orbit. Would you be willing to team up to fix this problem. I provide the ship, you make the launcher. We both get 50% of the glory. What do you say?

sure! I can no problem get 150 tons to LKO, after that it's sketchy but i can do it...

I figured id give a quick update, i foolishly have made another 5 ships for AarnCo's fleet. thankfully, i missed the window to jool so i have time to sort the photos and sit down and plan out the aerobreaking of the other ships now nearing jool.

Its just seeing all the really REALLY nice battleships and carriers (Dat Oxford) i got the bug so while i sort out the rest of the screenshots ill leave this

AarnCo Gunboat 237 parts at launch 160 final.

orbit:

weapons test:

I managed to film it cause it was so small, on average i get about 4fps using fraps on the rest of the fleet till they are free of the lifter.

AarnCo would like to point out we will probably contract out our security..just cause of how MANY MANY better warmachines there are out there...

Lol i didnt make the Mjolnir or Bayonet, that was Spartwo :D but yeah i think it needs more than 8 missiles.

oops, my bad :blush: props to Spartwo for those then, great work.

There are some seriously good designs floating around in this thread but I noticed that there is almost nothing in terms of surface infrastructure which gave me an idea:

Lets build Waterworld (remember the cheesy movie with Kevin Costner), on Laythe... I like the idea of it being slung together from a load of different designs that don't quite fit together to give it a ramshackle look.

It would need the following modules to start with : Habitation section, landing pad, power plant, ship dock/resupply depot, tugboats/propulsion system and some lookout towers/defense turrets would make cool additions too. The direction I'd like to take it would be large but low part modules to try and make it huge. The main issue is going to be docking port heights so a convention would be needed there but it should be fairly easy to adjust their height in the water so it wont need to be particularly accurate.

So, would people be interested in slinging some random modules together?

There are some seriously good designs floating around in this thread but I noticed that there is almost nothing in terms of surface infrastructure which gave me an idea:

Lets build Waterworld (remember the cheesy movie with Kevin Costner), on Laythe... I like the idea of it being slung together from a load of different designs that don't quite fit together to give it a ramshackle look.

It would need the following modules to start with : Habitation section, landing pad, power plant, ship dock/resupply depot, tugboats/propulsion system and some lookout towers/defense turrets would make cool additions too. The direction I'd like to take it would be large but low part modules to try and make it huge. The main issue is going to be docking port heights so a convention would be needed there but it should be fairly easy to adjust their height in the water so it wont need to be particularly accurate.

I'd like too but I'm not so sure that I can something to jool...

*Cough*I'll probably mess things up though.

Why have tiny, boring supplies ships that mostly just carry fuel, and rarely repair parts? Well, I bring you the Space dock Declia EX-001.

It is equipped with 2 drones for repair parts. AS well as 4 medium fuel tanks.

It has 4 docking ports, excluding probe ports, and one crew cabin, with emergancy power incase an enemy fires upon the station, and disables the solar charges.

tWIBOTh.jpg

[ I need someone to lift it in orbit for me, because my computer is awful, no matter how low the settings are. Hell, I only get 20 FPS in VAB w/o any parts. ]

Download file for craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/if5nd9s2ngpz58l/SD%2001%20Decelia%20EX-1.craft

I'd like too but I'm not so sure that I can something to jool...

Give it a go, they don't need to be big modules and if it looks cool I'll be happy to help if you need it.

"*Cough*I'll probably mess things up though."

Nah, you seem to know what you're doing

I had a go at putting some modules together this morning, and it's actually much easier than in space:

BfVOzi4.jpg

HmODXcs.jpg

YzrAdQV.jpg

Bill and Jeb have trashed the bar and passed out, who invited those jerks?

As you can see, I've started with bare essentials, a hab module and the worlds first interplanetary amphibious titty bar.. (the wheels wont be needed on Laythe but trying to eject them caused all sorts of issues).

So what I propose we do is construct something based on the start I made (no reason why we cant make several) on Kerbin, decide what we want to keep and then worry about getting it to Laythe (shouldn't be too bad once the parts are orbital). So feel free to add/change and donate things as you like (a diving board or a water slide would be cool).

Here's the save file (paste it into the saves folder), have fun: http://www./?pnjqcfdycy8ik20

And PS that dock above looks awesome, all it needs is a Mega undergoing frantic repairs..

Edited by Mr Tegu
spelling again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.