Spiritwolf/Hanland Submissions

Okay, after study through a proof-of-concept vessel made by chunkblaster (Baldr MkI Railgun Frigate), I applied it to this design I made. And I align this to Spirit Wolf.

Fresh from the Dry docks of SSDC (Septerran Space Dev't. Corporation) is the Magellan-Class Type I Mass Accelerator Combat Vessel. Classified as a MACV, not a Frigate or Destroyer, the Magellan comes with Smart Missiles and a 150 m/s Booster Gun.

YBYEMlV.jpg

Action Groups:

1 - Nuclear Engines

2 - Prograde Impulse

3 - Retrograde Impulse

4 - Fire Booster Gun w/ Compensators

5 - Close Gun chamber

Pros:

> It has a Big Gun. With 6 Big Guided Rounds.

> Armor Skirts to protect its flanks

> Smart Missile ports and Smart Round Clip ports in the Armor Skirts to provide combat longetivity

Cons:

> Part Count: 659 (RIP Low-End PCs)

> Dumdum rounds are not advised for this vessel.

> Does not include the rounds yet.

> Still stuck at the Dry Docks due to delays in developing a proper heavy lift launch vehicle.

> Fuel for the engines and the Booster Gun is shared. Use gun wisely.

Note:

> The nice man who helps me think of a way to launch this gets full credit for the launch vehicle.

Edited by feriofukada

Wow. Sweet little drone!

@Briansun1 - I think the setting can use all sorts of stations. The ICF sell mobile station delivery included .... but that is only one niche. What I personally think is neat: large stations with good aesthetics that are parts efficient.

Refuelng, making nodular repairs easier (maybe by having droids for visitor use), long range missiles for defending the planet ... a military station can use all 300 parts for ammo and armor plus a tiny bit of station keeping. Then of course there is providing gravity via spin (you need a large arc to avoid weirdness with grav spin) and you could also simulate all sorts of RP stuff that isn't in game (yet).

Company name: I/O Tech Innovations

Bio: I/O Tech is a private company dedicated to the peaceful colonization of space. However, the events of the initial Spiritwolf-Hanland conflict did not go unnoticed by the senior management at I/O Tech, and the company has since developed several military-grade vessels to help in Spiritwolf's war effort. I/O Tech also is in the process of revamping their civilian logistics vessels to better suit the militarized space in and around the Kerbol System.

Allegiance- Spiritwolf, as well as the highest bidder. (except for Hanland and its allies.) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_angry.gif

Ship- Corona-class Heavy Fighter w/ SIREN-class automated booster/attack munition

Armament: 4 non-re-loadable missiles with 5 junior docking ports (1 on nose, 1 under each missile)

Power: 4 Thermonuclear rockets, 4 large solar arrays, and RCS thrusters.

Crew: 1 pilot

Part Count: 100 (w/out launch staging or SIREN attached)

Action Groups: 1:Toggles solar arrays, 2-5: missiles 1-4.

Proof of Travel:

xd42xacwci4sy434g.jpg

On the Pad

53vvdkg2gi3d2kv4g.jpg

Liftoff!

kik50he2dr86e4y4g.jpg

Slightly letting off on the throttle to decrease heat buildup...

5302qz07eb1jzz84g.jpg

Gravity turn following depletion of 1st set of boosters...

z09bncqi2h9wjpp4g.jpg

Starting orbital insertion...

e12rjasbvxk4u8w4g.jpg

5yy3ft2phl0wblv4g.jpg

dq2s3zo8s4ccuup4g.jpg

Extending Apoapsis...

t047bki1b88nln84g.jpg

86bq75ggfpa0vf74g.jpg

kgy06xp34ckgnr94g.jpg

Circularizing orbit....

pywj7dnx25jza1m4g.jpg

rmh051hf3csrd9p4g.jpg

f98s6944w2a7kws4g.jpg

Ditching SIREN booster...

5to6o7jrzb9j42j4g.jpg

..Aaaand DONE! :D

Some "beauty shots":

oosu7mf1qfvg1fa4g.jpg

34hu3m9z1y23v8o4g.jpg

Craft File: http://www./download/9w0vs2r3z7qlm2p/IoTech_Corona_-Class_Heavy_Fighter_Theta_Lead_.craft

Enjoy!

Also, here's some of my other vessels in-the-works:

Shrike-class Fighter-Interceptor:

pvliwf080lgfsjc4g.jpg

I/O Tech Light Frigate:

gaa05czuvvgnl534g.jpg

Company name: I/O Tech Innovations

Bio: I/O Tech is a private company dedicated to the peaceful colonization of space. However, the events of the initial Spiritwolf-Hanland conflict did not go unnoticed by the senior management at I/O Tech, and the company has since developed several military-grade vessels to help in Spiritwolf's war effort. I/O Tech also is in the process of revamping their civilian logistics vessels to better suit the militarized space in and around the Kerbol System.

Allegiance- Spiritwolf, as well as the highest bidder. (except for Hanland and its allies.) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/images/smilies/k_angry.gif

Ship- Corona-class Heavy Fighter w/ SIREN-class automated booster/attack munition

Armament: 4 non-re-loadable missiles with 5 junior docking ports (1 on nose, 1 under each missile)

Power: 4 Thermonuclear rockets, 4 large solar arrays, and RCS thrusters.

Crew: 1 pilot

Part Count: 100 (w/out launch staging or SIREN attached)

Action Groups: 1:Toggles solar arrays, 2-5: missiles 1-4.

Proof of Travel:

xd42xacwci4sy434g.jpg

On the Pad

53vvdkg2gi3d2kv4g.jpg

Liftoff!

kik50he2dr86e4y4g.jpg

Slightly letting off on the throttle to decrease heat buildup...

5302qz07eb1jzz84g.jpg

Gravity turn following depletion of 1st set of boosters...

z09bncqi2h9wjpp4g.jpg

Starting orbital insertion...

e12rjasbvxk4u8w4g.jpg

5yy3ft2phl0wblv4g.jpg

dq2s3zo8s4ccuup4g.jpg

Extending Apoapsis...

t047bki1b88nln84g.jpg

86bq75ggfpa0vf74g.jpg

kgy06xp34ckgnr94g.jpg

Circularizing orbit....

pywj7dnx25jza1m4g.jpg

rmh051hf3csrd9p4g.jpg

f98s6944w2a7kws4g.jpg

Ditching SIREN booster...

5to6o7jrzb9j42j4g.jpg

..Aaaand DONE! :D

Some "beauty shots":

oosu7mf1qfvg1fa4g.jpg

34hu3m9z1y23v8o4g.jpg

Craft File: http://www./download/9w0vs2r3z7qlm2p/IoTech_Corona_-Class_Heavy_Fighter_Theta_Lead_.craft

Enjoy!

Also, here's some of my other vessels in-the-works:

Shrike-class Fighter-Interceptor:

pvliwf080lgfsjc4g.jpg

I/O Tech Light Frigate:

gaa05czuvvgnl534g.jpg

There already is a shrike class- Macey Dean made is as an interplanetary SSTO

War Eagle, I didn't remember about that. Oh well, I can always do a quick re-name on it... but it's still not ready yet. Gotta get some good day launch pics. :P

I do like your ships though. Very original. I would suggest you redo the fighters missiles though. I have been working on some new fighter missiles that are based on Macey Deans Mosquito torperdos but are much stronger and can be reload. If you like I could Pm u pics of them so you can get an Idea of how to make them

Okay, after study through a proof-of-concept vessel made by chunkblaster (Baldr MkI Railgun Frigate), I applied it to this design I made. And I align this to Spirit Wolf.

Fresh from the Dry docks of SSDC (Septerran Space Dev't. Corporation) is the Magellan-Class Type I Mass Accelerator Combat Vessel. Classified as a MACV, not a Frigate or Destroyer, the Magellan comes with Smart Missiles and a 150 m/s Booster Gun.

YBYEMlV.jpg

Action Groups:

1 - Nuclear Engines

2 - Prograde Impulse

3 - Retrograde Impulse

5 - Close Gun chamber

Pros:

> It has a Big Gun. With 6 Big Guided Rounds.

> Armor Skirts to protect its flanks

> Smart Missile ports and Smart Round Clip ports in the Armor Skirts to provide combat longetivity

Cons:

> Part Count: 659 (RIP Low-End PCs)

> Dumdum rounds are not advised for this vessel.

> Does not include the rounds yet.

> Still stuck at the Dry Docks due to delays in developing a proper heavy lift launch vehicle.

> Fuel for the engines and the Booster Gun is shared. Use gun wisely.

Note:

> The nice man who helps me think of a way to launch this gets full credit for the launch vehicle.

Oh my god! SOMEONE LIKED MY DESIGN AND USED IT =D AWESOME!

Also I had planned a Baldr Mk2 ( and still do) but I'm asking allot of the design by Having a modular hull plus room for what i'm going to call "mission Modules" and I'm having trouble getting it all to fit together at a relatively low part count. But this is an awesome craft! I'll try making you a launch vehicle, but I won't be able to launch the dang thing as my computer cant nearly handle that many parts =(

Another Railgun Ship for you Chunkblaster! :P

Presenting the R-11 B Arquebus Picket Vessel

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A rare military design from the otherwise peaceable Ios Orbital Salvage Services Inc. The Arquebus Class of light picket craft are being designed to accompany unarmed utility vessels in areas of questionable security. Armaments being developed for this hull include a short-barreled railgun, with a variety* of munitions, guided or otherwise, and several varieties of small guided missile systems.

Currently clocking in at something around 170 parts, these guys are pretty easy on hardware, and can be loaded with up to five railgun charges and four small smart missiles on docking ports behind the shield. According to Kerbal engineer this craft has just over 5700 Dv, and a TWR of .25. Plans to move them in pairs, attached to a central drop tank are being considered for Jool SOI deployments.

*Only one actual functional munition has been produced, IOSS engineers are still scraping together funding for a proper target. Current effectiveness untested.

Edited by Mecha Pants

Another Railgun Ship for you Chunkblaster! :P

Presenting the R-11 B Arquebus Picket Vessel

A rare military design from the otherwise peaceable Ios Orbital Salvage Services Inc. The Arquebus Class of light picket craft are being designed to accompany unarmed utility vessels in areas of questionable security. Armaments being developed for this hull include a short-barreled railgun, with a variety* of munitions, guided or otherwise, and several varieties of small guided missile systems.

Currently clocking in at something around 170 parts, these guys are pretty easy on hardware, and can be loaded with up to five railgun charges and four small smart missiles on docking ports behind the shield. According to Kerbal engineer this craft has just over 5700 Dv, and a TWR of .25. Plans to move them in pairs, attached to a central drop tank are being considered for Jool SOI deployments.

*No actual functional munitions have been produced, IOSS engineers are still working out the magazine system. Current effectiveness is still in doubt.

Now THAT, my friend, is a lovely piece of engineering! I pretty much have to throw in a design of my own at this point lest i be showed up by others using my idea! =D

Any chance i can download the craft/ see a vid of it in action? I'm interested to see if there's any sort of improvement of accuracy using your setup of 4 boosters instead of 2.

I haven't actually had much luck getting the Railgun to fire, honestly. I understand how it's supposed to work, but my ammo building skills have always been pretty crap. Give me a few minutes to host it somewhere and I'll shoot you a PM with a link.

edit: It shoots now! Much more like its namesake than intended. The railgun's projectiles tend to fragment during firing, making it well suited for med-close range attacks. Also RCS missiles and magazine drone added. Updated gallery with pictures.

Edited by Mecha Pants

OOC: Ah, at last. Chunkblaster saw it. And what he just saw is the GPU-Killer version. I managed to reduce the part count of the MACV-001 to 657. Also, I made a variant that didn't include the defensive walls to reduce part count to 500 and increase the ease of launch.

The Septerran Space Development Corporation's Drydock has finished the redesign of the MACV-001 Magellan, which now includes Prograde and Retrograde impulse drives, and an increase in Smart Missile ports. Unfortunately, it's sister ship, MACV-002 Columbus, suffered from budgets cuts due to the expensive armor used on the MACV-001. Because of this, the defensive barriers that flanked the Magellan were removed. On the bright side, SSDC engineers installed 'baby barriers' to hold SMS, and increased the number of RCS ports to ensure that the vehicle can outmaneuver and outgun opponents before they could take action.

SSDC MACV-001 Magellan

Part Count: 657

Crew: 2 (Navigator and Weapons Officer)

Engine: x6 LV-N Atomic Rocket Motors (Interplanetary/Hohmann/Bi-elliptical)

x8 Rockomax 24-77 (Impulse; 4 for Prograde, 4 for Retrograde)

x4 C7 Toroidal Aerospike Rockets (Gun compensators)

Armaments: x1 Mythology Industries Booster Gun

x24 Smart Missile Ports

x4 Mk1 Smart Round Munition Ports

Action Groups:

1 - Nuclear Engines

2 - Prograde Impulse

3 - Retrograde Impulse

5 - Close Gun chamber

http://www./download/jr4uipmxtirzzqd/MACV-001_Magellan.craft

SSDC MACV-002 Columbus

Part Count: 500

Crew: 2 (Navigator and Weapons Officer)

Engine: x6 LV-N Atomic Rocket Motors (Interplanetary/Hohmann/Bi-elliptical)

x8 Rockomax 24-77 (Impulse; 4 for Prograde, 4 for Retrograde)

x4 C7 Toroidal Aerospike Rockets (Gun compensators)

Armaments: x1 Mythology Industries Booster Gun

x12 Smart Missile Ports

x6 Mk1 Smart Round Munition Ports (a pair underneath the gun barrel, and a pair on each shield)

Action Groups:

1 - Nuclear Engines

2 - Prograde Impulse

3 - Retrograde Impulse

5 - Close Gun chamber

http://www./download/6a7c5w054969y5c/MACV-002_Columbus.craft

I like the redesign Ferio! I still can't launch it myself, but I think I do have a lifter that can, I'll post that at some point for you tonight

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did you manage to get the double magazine setup to work? as in, how did you manage to get the round to sit in the middle of the cannon? It's a idea i played with on the Baldr but i couldn't figure out how to make that work myself.

Edited by chunkblaster

What did you use it against? At what distance? How many were fired? Was the ship very large? I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I need to know.

I fired one at a couple layers of panels. It didn't even break one.

The part would say that it has been damaged but it wouldn't break.

I like the redesign Ferio! I still can't launch it myself, but I think I do have a lifter that can, I'll post that at some point for you tonight

EDIT: out of curiosity, how did you manage to get the double magazine setup to work? as in, how did you manage to get the round to sit in the middle of the cannon? It's a idea i played with on the Baldr but i couldn't figure out how to make that work myself.

The double magazine? I just needed something to stop the round from straying out of the chambers (i.e. landing gears). Also, I made sure that the round's length was enough to help it not stray out of the barrel while not impede its entry. That's why I opted to use semi-smart rounds which used an RCS tank instead of an Oscar-B, and a flat probe. And about the launch, I can launch the vehicle by making sure that all the textures are dropped down to increase the framerate from 20 to (at least) 40. Well.. that's how I tried to launch the first MACV.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.