[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

@Taniwha:

If I understand you correct you means that

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MuMechToggle]]:BEFORE[InfernalRobotics]:NEEDS[InfernalRobotics]
{
@stepIncrement = 1.0
}

is more appropriate?

Edit:

So thanks for the hint, and now it found the working solution! :D

For Everyone who wants to change the stepIncement for all the parts at once, here is my little helper:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MuMechToggle]]:BEFORE[InfernalRobotics]:NEEDS[InfernalRobotics]
{
@MODULE[MuMechToggle]
{
@stepIncrement = 1.0
}
}

Works with MM 2.1.2 and 2.1.3

Edited by Alewx
found my Mistake

What if you use the servo rotate button in the SPH to correct the orientation? I made a video in the OP.

I tried that and it did not rotate it along the correct axis. It rotates it along the craft's up/down axis when I need the left/right axis.

I tried that and it did not rotate it along the correct axis. It rotates it along the craft's up/down axis when I need the left/right axis.

Can I see an image of the part placement?

I'm having trouble getting the IR plugin to work. The parts load and I can put them on ships and load them into the map, but the GUI is invisible and the keys I assign to the moving parts don't work at all. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of MM with a bunch of other plugins, including Skillful.

I'm having trouble getting the IR plugin to work. The parts load and I can put them on ships and load them into the map, but the GUI is invisible and the keys I assign to the moving parts don't work at all. Any suggestions? I'm using the latest version of MM with a bunch of other plugins, including Skillful.

Need to see output_log.txt file

How very strange. I wonder if it's a SPH issue and not a VAB issue. What happens if you do the same thing in the VAB?

In the VAB they all get placed facing the same way. Of course I can tell you it is likely a holdover from the old DR code. It had the same problem in the SPH with hinges being flipped if you place them with symmetry

How very strange. I wonder if it's a SPH issue and not a VAB issue. What happens if you do the same thing in the VAB?

This is similar to what I observed with my own parts in the VAB. The axis of rotation for the parts seemed completely arbitrary, depending on where the part was attached. The only time it "worked" was when vertically stacking the parts. I use that word in quote marks because of the previously mentioned issue of it rotating around the origin, which may not be the attachment point.

Hey, I've installed 0.15b today after finally updating KSP to 0.23.5. What's happening now is that when I go launch a ship, the staging is messed up (no stage actually, all the parts are in the same stage) and LFO engines are not working properly, SRBs wont simply activate and I can't revert flight neither...

I'll PM the output_log to Sirkut

I apologize if this has been answered before, but is there a way to modify the servo groups after leaving VAB?

Nope. I'm not sure I want to go that route just yet.

I have a little problem with this mod. After upgrading to 0.15a (I am not sure what version from - but I installed it around christmas) the half rails on one of my craft that were extended are now over extended. This is annoying as it causes the (landed) craft to jump up in the air when you go to in, as the landing legs attached to the rail are now the surface!

Did something change between versions that would cause this? Is there a way I can hack my save file to fix it, so I do not loose my lander - it is along way to laythe, and I am not sure the boys could cope with being told to wait for another transfer window.

Recently reinstalled IR for the first time since 0.23.5, now tinkering in the VAB for hours instead of flying any missions. I'm using ZodiusInfuser's parts rather than the original IR parts.

Is there any way to make the allowed ranges for a joint snap to integer values? I don't have any reason to make a hinge that opens exactly 90.06 or 89.92 degrees.

Also, I have some weird issues with docking ports. I have a surface-base construction crane with a docking port on a hinge (to move base modules from being stacked vertically on the lander into their desired horizontal orientation). After docking base modules to the crane, the hinge gets very confused and stops working properly. I suspect this might have something to do with the root of the combined vessel ending up in the base module instead of the crane, so that the "fixed" side of the hinge is no longer attached facing the root part of the vessel. This used to happen in 0.23 too.

Recently reinstalled IR for the first time since 0.23.5, now tinkering in the VAB for hours instead of flying any missions. I'm using ZodiusInfuser's parts rather than the original IR parts.

Is there any way to make the allowed ranges for a joint snap to integer values? I don't have any reason to make a hinge that opens exactly 90.06 or 89.92 degrees.

Also, I have some weird issues with docking ports. I have a surface-base construction crane with a docking port on a hinge (to move base modules from being stacked vertically on the lander into their desired horizontal orientation). After docking base modules to the crane, the hinge gets very confused and stops working properly. I suspect this might have something to do with the root of the combined vessel ending up in the base module instead of the crane, so that the "fixed" side of the hinge is no longer attached facing the root part of the vessel. This used to happen in 0.23 too.

Make the stepIncrement in the CFG equal to 1.0 instead of the value 0.01

Docking with certain robotic parts is a no-no. I haven't been able to tackle that issue fully.

Hi, I posted a MM cfg for doing that just one or two pages earlier.

@Sirkut:

I noticed that the option to move into the centre position is the starting position, is that intended instead of the centre between the configured min and max degrees?

I apologize if this has been answered before, but is there a way to modify the servo groups after leaving VAB?

This was actually the reason I started working on making IR use PartModule (and thus get rid of that mime encoded data block): I wanted to edit the groups in the save file (doing it in-game would have been too much hassle, and not being able to read the data would have made testing difficult anyway).

Hi, I posted a MM cfg for doing that just one or two pages earlier.

@Sirkut:

I noticed that the option to move into the centre position is the starting position, is that intended instead of the centre between the configured min and max degrees?

For now yes. I'll look at fixing that later.

In an old version of Damned Robotics there was an option to set a rotation to a part and it kept on rotating until stopped. Now with Infernal Robotics this feature seems to be lost. I would really like to have continuous rotation without constant input.

Am I overlooking something or does anybody know another way to achieve the same effect?