[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

In an old version of Damned Robotics there was an option to set a rotation to a part and it kept on rotating until stopped. Now with Infernal Robotics this feature seems to be lost. I would really like to have continuous rotation without constant input.

Am I overlooking something or does anybody know another way to achieve the same effect?

It's called action groups and they are still there. One key press to an action group assigns to move+ or move- will allow it to rotate continuously. Press the same key again to get it to stop.

Little update for everyone who is just lazy like me:

// set the stepIncrements of the IR parts to 1
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MuMechToggle]]:BEFORE[InfernalRobotics]:NEEDS[InfernalRobotics]
{
@MODULE[MuMechToggle]
{
@stepIncrement = 1.0
}
}

// giving every IR part that has no stepIncrement an default Increment of 1
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[MuMechToggle]:HAS[~stepIncrement[]]]:BEFORE[InfernalRobotics]:NEEDS[InfernalRobotics]
{
@MODULE[MuMechToggle]
{
stepIncrement = 1.0
}
}

Put this into an "MyMod".cfg and use an ModuleManager with version 2.0.7 atleast, but I use 2.1.3 for safety.

As a heads up, I had similar bug when using another mod, I think it was the Habitat Pack mod by Porkjet. Basically, it was completely unrelated to the actual mod and was a conflict of some sort stemming from module manager. I know this may sound silly but just do a search on your GameData folder for ModuleManager. The last time I had this happen it was because another mod had a module manager file inside of its folder, not in the actual GameData folder (not Porkjets, I was on a mod installing spree at the time) so wasn't immediately easy to spot. It could be as simple as that, it certainly sounds extremely similar to the behaviour I experienced.

Thanks for the reply to you and Sirkut. Sorry for not replying back sooner as I've been busy saving my rescue rover on minmus with one the landers that needs saved. If you have played this game long enough, I'm sure you guys have done the same.:D

I have found out what was causing the errors on the launch pad. There was a file folder (000_Toolbar) that managed my icons (kethane, KER, life support, etc) in a nice neat toolbar at the top of my screen. Somehow, it was causing my conflict. So, I would rather use IR than have a toolbar.

Thanks again,

JethroJr.

Don't know if that has been reported earlier, but since the latest update the IR GUI is very... clinging.

When I hide it with the Toolbar button it disappears but almost every "action" will show it again.

Things like:

• (un)docking
  • jettison a stage
  • saving/loading

I can hide it again just fine but it will be back at least a few minutes later.

Don't know if that has been reported earlier, but since the latest update the IR GUI is very... clinging.

When I hide it with the Toolbar button it disappears but almost every "action" will show it again.

Things like:

• (un)docking
  • jettison a stage
  • saving/loading

I can hide it again just fine but it will be back at least a few minutes later.

The reason for docking/undocking is the Servo Window need to be redrawn. Reason for this is if you dock 2 crafts and each have robotic parts, the window needs to combine all the parts. When undocking, same thing happens. I'll look into fixing it.

Reason why I don't hide the menu from saving/loading is because I'd rather have the window popup for the time being for new users because the last thing I need right now is someone going "why isn't my servo window showing up?" and not knowing to click the IR button. This is in transition since the last attempt at using the toolbar was bugged on my end. Maybe the next release I will save the show/hide state.

Jettison a state? I'll have to look at this.

define "at least a few minutes later" What causes it to show up again except the items you list?

[...]

Jettison a state? I'll have to look at this.

define "at least a few minutes later" What causes it to show up again except the items you list?

Ah I see your intention, understood!

And yes, it 100% appears when I jettison a stage while only the last (topmost) one has robotics parts.

It's hard to pinpoint what else causes that exactly tbh...

Another action that comes to my mind is changing control object (applying 'control from here' to some other pod). Sometimes also when switching to map view, not always though. And turning on the brakes made it appear too but only once so far.

Since I had some troubles with a design recently I can also confirm that explosions make it appear :D

It's not a big problem since everything works, maybe it was just my specific workload (start, explode, start, explode, start, explode,...) in the last session that triggered it so often that I noticed clicking it away about 50 times in one hour or so :wink:

@sirkut

I can confirm the server control window showing up from hide after staging, also after time-warp ends, and at least after return game from Esc-menu.

@ Gristle

Agree, it is :-)

It has to do with the onVesselChange event as to why it shows up after doing various things like docking, warping, staging.

I hope to have another release out in the next few days.

FIXED

• Ghost servos appearing in the VAB/SPH after removing a chain of 2 or more servos from an assembly.
  • The "rotate" orientation buttons in the VAB/SPH is finally fixed. I wasn't using the Rotate method correctly.
  • Servo will be hidden by default. Want it to appear, toolbar click it. If you choose to not use the toolbar, it will function but the window will always show.

NOT FIXED

• Move "home" adjusted when the min/max have been changed.

Edited by sirkut

It's called action groups and they are still there. One key press to an action group assigns to move+ or move- will allow it to rotate continuously. Press the same key again to get it to stop.

Thanks for the tip. I totally forgot to look at IR action groups. I'll check it out soon.

Is there anyway to fine tune the min and max degrees of rotation as it was in previous versions? I find it quite hard to hit the desired number perfectly. Say I want a hinge with only 45 degrees, it'll hit 43.21, 45.73, 46.09, etc. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Is there anyway to fine tune the min and max degrees of rotation as it was in previous versions? I find it quite hard to hit the desired number perfectly. Say I want a hinge with only 45 degrees, it'll hit 43.21, 45.73, 46.09, etc. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Sirkut's post #3270 in this thread just 2 pages back explains how to adhust the increment. Post 3270

This change should be added to the next update IMO. I've already done it for the rework parts.

I prefer it with an MM cfg file so that everyone could adjust it to their very own needs.

Thanks for this. I could've sworn that that I read through quite a few posts to see if it had been asked before, oh well. Anyways, I do agree with Alewx that a MM config file would be more preferable and easier, but at least we can change it. Once again, thanks for the help!

Isn't this the "in a nutshell" description of KSP gameplay?

true indeed :)

I hope to have another release out in the next few days.

FIXED

• Ghost servos appearing in the VAB/SPH after removing a chain of 2 or more servos from an assembly.
  • The "rotate" orientation buttons in the VAB/SPH is finally fixed. I wasn't using the Rotate method correctly.
  • Servo will be hidden by default. Want it to appear, toolbar click it. If you choose to not use the toolbar, it will function but the window will always show.

NOT FIXED

• Move "home" adjusted when the min/max have been changed.

Thanks!

sirkut: Did you ever find out why the SPH has parts flipped when placing them with symmetry?

Nope but it's just easy enough to use the rotate buttons in the UI to fix it.

Nope but it's just easy enough to use the rotate buttons in the UI to fix it.

If it's the hinges then that's because of their orientation in Unity. Try rotating them before export (and updating the cfg) to see if that removes the issue? I haven't experienced the issue with my own hinges (so far anyway).

Edit: case in point

_ad655e3705404b42bd0df896892d6cf9

I can confirm that by doing that the part behaves nice in both the VAB and SPH, without the need for the rotate buttons (which end up replicating the function of WSAD)

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

I'm not even sure I have the unity project anymore hence using rotate. :)

Small bug with the upload. The large Rotatron has:

rotateLimits = True

when it should be

rotateLimits = False

If you have that version, just change the value. i already fixed the upload.