[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

This will help with the scaling. Also The scaling gets so bad that the parts lose their strength and get really floppy and float. I tried this and I wasn't getting any weird scaling issues. Replace the IR_Tweakscale.cfg with this file:

http://www./view/p6b91gxk7deadif/IR_TweakScale.cfg

Let me know if you get any weird issues like floppy parts. I'm going to have to work on this one. it's a pain!

Edited by sirkut

This will help with the scaling. Also The scaling gets so bad that the parts lose their strength and get really floppy and float. I tried this and I wasn't getting any weird scaling issues. Replace the IR_Tweakscale.cfg with this file:

http://www./view/p6b91gxk7deadif/IR_TweakScale.cfg

Let me know if you get any weird issues like floppy parts. I'm going to have to work on this one. it's a pain!

Thanks! I don't know if it's helpful, but I noticed that it *seems* like, after removing only scale.dll from the MSI folder (nothing else changed/moved), that it only fixes the strange mass scaling for certain parts - notably it does seem to fix the Rockomax mark 55 radial engine, but it does not seem to fix the (non-robotic) MSI/Parts/Rework/Structural_Probe trusses and whatnot. Tried a few random parts from different mods (VAB scale/mass check only, no save/load or launchpad):

Not working:

- LLL 1x1 hull

- IR Rework structural parts

- LLL 1x1 to 1.25m adaptor

Seem to work:

- KW ST-25 2.5m version of the side tank thing

- KW Globe X-5 Thor

- Extraplanetary Launchpads MSV-1000 rocketparts container

- FASA Saturn H-1 Engine

- LLL Radial Thrusters

- LLL 1x1 Kethane tank

Sorry for wrecking your evening with this! :(

EDIT: I have a crazy theory. Even with MSI folder removed from GameData the shifty mass problem (more mass on re-placement or on load/launch) occurs, but seems maybe less severe. I think it MIGHT have something to do with parts not scaled using massFactors = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0. I had set custom scales for certain parts to scale based on surface area or whatever - this also is the case with the trusses etc. from the IR rework structural pack (I think). Perhaps therefore a general problem in all scale.dll files, somehow made worse when there are 2 of them in gamedata? No clue. Wish I could be more helpful. I am going to hazard a guess that having 2 scale.dll files somehow applies the polynomial massFactors twice. Not sure how to confirm math on that.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

0.16? 0.16D? There is no 0.16D. Only 0.16, 0.16.1, 0.16.2

Sorry..

Remember I sent you the wobble video which happened between 0.15D and 0.16.

Well, on a different craft completely, I have upgraded to 0.16.2 and the problem is there again with the RCS wobbles. Now, I took the same craft and put it back into the KSP that is using 0.16 and the wobbles are gone.

I checked again, and yep - 0.16 to 0.16.2 (I did not get the incremental 0.16.1) caused the wobbles. It's no biggie, 0.16 seems very stable for me so I'll stick with that for the time being, I had no issues loading craft with IR parts so felt no need to update just yet.

any idea idea what would be causing the wobbles? no need to explain them, same thing in the video i sent.

Sorry..

Remember I sent you the wobble video which happened between 0.15D and 0.16.

Well, on a different craft completely, I have upgraded to 0.16.2 and the problem is there again with the RCS wobbles. Now, I took the same craft and put it back into the KSP that is using 0.16 and the wobbles are gone.

I checked again, and yep - 0.16 to 0.16.2 (I did not get the incremental 0.16.1) caused the wobbles. It's no biggie, 0.16 seems very stable for me so I'll stick with that for the time being, I had no issues loading craft with IR parts so felt no need to update just yet.

any idea idea what would be causing the wobbles? no need to explain them, same thing in the video i sent.

The wobble is due to the parts not scaling I'm mass properly. They end up being ridiculously light causing the joints to freak out.

Hey sirkut, if you need an additional modder for parts, I'd do it, I'm quite skilled in Blender, but I haven't done much exporting/texturing just yet.

I'll let this be my resume:

http://i.imgur.com/gVeHx5D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DzuHbIJ.jpg

I'm confident I can do some cool lowpoly work too! Really want to make this mod shine, thanks a lot for it.

Hey sirkut, if you need an additional modder for parts, I'd do it, I'm quite skilled in Blender, but I haven't done much exporting/texturing just yet.

I'll let this be my resume:

http://i.imgur.com/gVeHx5D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DzuHbIJ.jpg

I'm confident I can do some cool lowpoly work too! Really want to make this mod shine, thanks a lot for it.

Nice. If you want to make parts go for it. Always welcome a variety. Check out ZodiusInfuser's work on my OP and see if there is something you guys can work on with. OR go rogue and make your own parts pack. I'll help any way I can!

In other good news I almost have the scaling of masses pinned.

In other good news I almost have the scaling of masses pinned.

Awesome news. I think I broke my F5 key. I should go outside.

EDIT: sikrut, do you expect a craft breaking update? Should I prepare my station?

Edited by UAL002

Awesome news. I think I broke my F5 key. I should go outside.

EDIT: sikrut, do you expect a craft breaking update? Should I prepare my station?

Well I need to test it but I don't suspect it will break anything. All I'm adding to the code is recalculating mass _MY_ way for all infernal robotic parts.

Excellent news! As far as updating goes, is it fine to just replace the .dlls?

No. you need to replace the parts. I added a line in the part CFGs and the IR_TweakScale.

Like an idiot I left some debugging stuff in the TweakMenu that no longer works. let me fix that and reupload. *sigh* I should note that this won't break anything.

Edited by sirkut

Sirkut, is it a bug that i can't edit my servo configuration in the VAB/SPH?

when i mouse over the window, it greys out.

in the Debug menu i get this error:"[Error]:GUI error :You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping."

Screenshot:7cdykU7.png

Edited by MK3424

No. you need to replace the parts. I added a line in the part CFGs and the IR_TweakScale.

Ok, thanks. I don't use any of them aside from the docking washers and gantry rails, so it looks like a complete reinstall is needed. I'll not to delete the plugin this time :P

EDIT:

I get that sometimes - if you check your debug log, you'll see a ton of NREs. It's easily fixed by saving the craft, exiting the editor and then entering again. Not sure what causes it, but I think it's editor itself borking out, not IR.

Not aware of that one. How did you replicate it? I'll pull the release off anyway for something unrelated.

I'm getting really desperate! :all these errors are driving me nuts!!!

I have tried everything: deleted tweakscale folder in gamedata, used older versions of IR from 0.16 upwards, used previous version of KSO (3.06) still not fixed.

Sirkut, i think the problem lies in tweakscale in general: it does not scale mass properly and causes issues.

I have tried everything: deleted tweakscale folder in gamedata, used older versions of IR from 0.16 upwards, used previous version of KSO (3.06) still not fixed.

Sirkut, i think the problem lies in tweakscale in general: it does not scale mass properly and causes issues.

PM me your issues. Give me crafts being used and mods. Steps to replicate.

Before doing all that, I want just 0.16.4 installed. No upgrading, full delete of magicsmoke* directory before installing.

Another quick question - does this effect the rework parts at all?

It wont but you can find the line in one of my parts if you want to add it to the rework files. Just add this line with the part's mass (it's specified further up in the CFG) within the MuMechToggle module definition:

partMassOriginal = (whatever the mass is)

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, 0.16.4 fixes this issue. I override tweakscale's mass scaling and use my own. I tested it from loading a craft on the launchpad and from reloading from a quicksave.