[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I've got the tweekable Goodspeed mod and I've installed 16.2 for MSI but I'm not seeing any size tweeks.

Tweakscale is the predecessor to Goodspeed's plugin. Delete THAT plugin but keep the parts.

Problem with struts in a movable wing design is that the wings are impossible to move in only one direction because they produce lift and when they're on the ground it'll all bend down due to gravity. I tried to make a folding plane so it can re-enter then deploy while flying and it's just not feasible with quantum struts. Maybe the activestrut thing is different somehow but it sounds like the same concept.

Well, there are only the struts (joints to be exact) Unity provides so it has to be the same concept, right :wink:

I don't fully get your problem to be honest. Do you mean that the wings are destroyed during deployment? If yes I don't see any way to work around this since there is either a joint or not. Joints give way a bit, but that's it. You'd have to de/activate the struts non-stop during deployment, but there will be moments (phys. frames) where they aren't present but the dyn pressure of the air is so destruction is still possible. What might work could be to use two struts: 1) connect the first one, deploy the wings as far as possible. 2) activate the second 3) deactivate the first 4) continue deployment 5) repeat. This way there hopefully won't be a time without struts. Depending on the forces you may need not only two but two pairs or triples.

Is this newest version carrier mode compatible? I don't see any parts in yet, though maybe I'm just not far enough along? I don't have time right now to check sandbox, I may have done something wrong too. Just asking, will test more later.

Is this newest version carrier mode compatible? I don't see any parts in yet, though maybe I'm just not far enough along? I don't have time right now to check sandbox, I may have done something wrong too. Just asking, will test more later.

They are indeed in career mode. Probably needs to be moved around since it's just 1 part instead of the original 3.

Sirkut, i don't think i'm using the legacy parts because i deleted the legacy folder.

However, i get Nullreferenceexception errors floud in the debug menu and they won't appear without the parts.

Sirkut, i don't think i'm using the legacy parts because i deleted the legacy folder.

However, i get Nullreferenceexception errors floud in the debug menu and they won't appear without the parts.

I'd like to see the log file. You are more than welcomed to use the older parts but my help is going to be minimal because I'd prefer if people use the newer parts. I sense people are going to start asking "why does the old parts say *Not Found* in the stepIncrement for the old parts but work for the new parts."

So, do I have to delete 0.16.1 to install 0.16.2, or can I merely drag and drop?

If I have to delete, what will happen to the modified rockets I re-did in 0.16.1?

Sorry to ask such bizarre questions. I am just curious and cautious like that.

So, do I have to delete 0.16.1 to install 0.16.2, or can I merely drag and drop?

If I have to delete, what will happen to the modified rockets I re-did in 0.16.1?

Sorry to ask such bizarre questions. I am just curious and cautious like that.

0.16.1 to 0.16.2 all you really need to do is replace the dll. Everything else is unchanged. if you deleted everything it shouldn't break anything since all I did was just fix the dll.

I get parts acting funny after a reload. like a quickload or revisiting a vessel. this was happening is 161 and apparently in 162.

Im on linux 64

EDIT: I read back through the thread and noticed I am also having an issue with my center of mass.

Question EDIT: Is 1.6.2 supposed to be for the new part models in the WIP thread or are the ones that come with the DL still good?

Edited by UAL002

Sirkut, i have major issues since the window is toggleable in the toolbar: whenever i try to launch a KSO shuttle, the ARM seems to move the centre of mass way off and throws the shuttle around in midflight, i tested the shuttle without the ARM and have no issues with that.

Here is the craftfile (you need the new KSO EWBL)http://www.4shared.com/file/VeadgEUyce/KSO__EWBCL_Block_4_ARM.html

I built a rover with a docking port at the end of a DROMOMAN arm and used several quantum struts to brace its various parts so it could be used folded up for orbital docking. I built it to be set down on Mun then jettison the engines and fuel tanks, on which the struts were mounted.

For your shuttle, mounting the struts permanently then assigning them to an action group would make a way to fix the arm in position during launch. The docking struts should also work, without the blue glow.

I built a rover with a docking port at the end of a DROMOMAN arm and used several quantum struts to brace its various parts so it could be used folded up for orbital docking. I built it to be set down on Mun then jettison the engines and fuel tanks, on which the struts were mounted.

For your shuttle, mounting the struts permanently then assigning them to an action group would make a way to fix the arm in position during launch. The docking struts should also work, without the blue glow.

Yeah, i was thinking about that mod,i'm gonna test it and see if it's working.

I get parts acting funny after a reload. like a quickload or revisiting a vessel. this was happening is 161 and apparently in 162.

Im on linux 64

EDIT: I read back through the thread and noticed I am also having an issue with my center of mass.

Question EDIT: Is 1.6.2 supposed to be for the new part models in the WIP thread or are the ones that come with the DL still good?

Unless stated, the ones included in the DL are still the "official" parts until ZI is happy with his parts which then my Legacy parts will be deleted. The Rework parts will work just fine with them too btw.

So why do the parts get "floppy" after i go visit another vessel and then come back? Am I dense and missing something? I'd be happy to make a video but game capture software on linux is... well to complicated for my linux skill.

Edited by UAL002

So why do the parts get "floppy" after i go visit another vessel and then come back? Am I dense and missing something? I'd be happy to make a video but game capture software on linux is... well to complicated for my linux skill.

Wouldn't mind seeing a video. I have no idea what you are experiencing.

damn. ok. i'll have to figure out how. this might be a while

Sorry man but you are the first to report floppiness when loading a craft. A log file would be nice to see as well.

@Sirkut

KOS integration. Now that I have 0.15 out in the wild (thanks to kreuzung & taniwha) I should be able to resume work!

By that do you mean KSOS/Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter? If so, please send me a PM since I'm putting together a 3D cargo bay lug kit. This will allow modders like you to import the 3D mesh and get the right sizes for your mod. Putting it together in the next few minutes.

Nope, kOS is the scriptable autopilot/controller for the ship. :) Can't say it's perfect (I found it difficult to write realistic conditional-based programs for rockets), but it works.

@Sirkut

KOS integration. Now that I have 0.15 out in the wild (thanks to kreuzung & taniwha) I should be able to resume work!

By that do you mean KSOS/Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter? If so, please send me a PM since I'm putting together a 3D cargo bay lug kit. This will allow modders like you to import the 3D mesh and get the right sizes for your mod. Putting it together in the next few minutes.

That comment was for kOS plugin that allows people to write scripts to control the robotic parts.

As for the 3d cargo bay lug kit I'm wondering what I could do to make some IR parts for it possibly.

Galane: it didn't work: i still have the same issue with the hinge locked and used the docking struts.

Question, when do you experience the flip? While launching or in orbit?

Question, when do you experience the flip? While launching or in orbit?

Whilst launching: the camera moves lower, lower then ultimately the shuttle flips over and it's center of mass is waaaay outside the vessel itself.

I'm gonna try to record the issue.

That comment was for kOS plugin that allows people to write scripts to control the robotic parts.

As for the 3d cargo bay lug kit I'm wondering what I could do to make some IR parts for it possibly.

KSOS Mod Kit

ckPiuZw.jpg

There you go!

Parts made for the standard cargo bay, will easily fit the KSO Super 25 (2.5m x 5m). However, you'll have to offset the transform of the robotic arm so that it is centerline with the cargo bay. To do this more easily, use the included Satellite Guide since it has the proper centerline location used for the KSO, KSO S25, and all other parts.

Whilst launching: the camera moves lower, lower then ultimately the shuttle flips over and it's center of mass is waaaay outside the vessel itself.

I'm gonna try to record the issue.

Hey. Try this robotic arm sub assembly. I fixed the hinges that weren't connected right and uses the new tweakscale parts.

http://www./view/on32mvblbqsybmd/RoboticArm.craft