[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hi!

This has probably been discusses/sugested before (I, obviously, didnt' read the whole 456 pages of the thread) but it would be nice to create some kind of automation for engines.

Basically, loops.

There could be "circular loops" (like 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 etc) for rotors and stuff like that, and there could "back-and-forth loops" (like 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 etc) for pendular movements (like an actuator extending and retracting continuously.

This way you could build spider-like-locomotion-aparatus (scientific names are amazing lol) and make it move with one single key ;)

Just an idea ;)

Edited by PCanas

I get parts moving in the VAB/SPH and now you ask for more? *cries* :)

Don't get me wrong, I think that's great too :) But the "loop" function would be even greater ;)

And I'm sure many people have been waiting for it ;)

edit: about the "initial post", the loops could selectable for every part, not exclusive to certain type of parts

Edited by PCanas

Don't get me wrong, I think that's great too :) But the "loop" function would be even greater ;)

And I'm sure many people have been waiting for it ;)

edit: about the "initial post", the loops could selectable for every part, not exclusive to certain type of parts

Isn't that more like something that is done with Kos?

Maybe... didn't know that mod...

IR/MSI and Kos is used to create this crazy running mechs. amazing constructions :D

They should utilize these kinds of loops, you mentioned. But for more info, you would have to ask one that has more insight into Kos, I never used it.

Hey Sirkut! Hate to say it but I have found *dramatic pause* A BUG!

When using the newest plugin to move parts around in the VAB, both yours and the rework ones, there is a glitch that forms if you go to max rotation with the hinges (Maybe others but I didn't test them)

Here it is with your hinges: tMQ576a.jpg

And again with the rework: F8nJvay.jpg

As you can see, both of them end up going FAR past the 90 degree max rotation they are supposed to have.

Edited by JewelShisen

Hey Sirkut! Hate to say it but I have found *dramatic pause* A BUG!

When using the newest plugin to move parts around in the VAB, both yours and the rework ones, there is a glitch that forms if you go to max rotation with the hinges (Maybe others but I didn't test them)

Here it is with your hinges: http://i.imgur.com/tMQ576a.jpg

And again with the rework: http://i.imgur.com/F8nJvay.jpg

As you can see, both of them end up going FAR past the 90 degree max rotation they are supposed to have.

Yeah others have told me on irc about that issue, for the time being "don't do that." :) I'll get it resolved soon.

Ummm.... latest update I can't even use the window in the editor. This is what I see:

irwindowbug.jpg

The second I cross the border of the window, everything vanishes and I can't interact with it, drag it around, anything. Move the mouse back out, and suddenly everything reappears. It's taunting me...

EDIT - apparently it fixed itself? I exited out to main menu and came back and it's suddenly working again. *shrug*

Edited by CCraigen

There could be "circular loops" (like 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 etc) for rotors and stuff like that, and there could "back-and-forth loops" (like 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 etc) for pendular movements (like an actuator extending and retracting continuously.

I've been able to use a bug/feature to create back-and-forth loops. You can have multiple active action groups:

• Set up action groups
    • 1: Move -
    • 2: Move Center

[*]In flight, press 2

[*]Press 1 to start the part moving (disable Move -)

[*]Press 1 to start moving the part back (reenable Move -)

there is a glitch that forms if you go to max rotation with the hinges (Maybe others but I didn't test them)

It does affect all IR parts, but you can work around it by only moving to less than the limits, and you can try to reset the part's range by repeatedly moving past the opposite limit.

Having some kind of crazy crashy issue with IR. New version. Modded KSP 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64. Log attached: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_logMSIcrash.txt

How it happens:

1. Take IR hinge part (or whatever, I think) from part list.

2. Attempt to attach to (tweakscaled) b9 part in SPH, shows green.

3. Click to attach. Does not attach, instead the IR part (still green) rotates a bit under mouse cursor, will no longer attach, and if you try, a few long freezes, crash.

Did I do something heinously wrong here?

Can you replicate this? If so please do me a favor. Right before you replicate the bug, open up the output_log.txt, select all the text and delete it then save. Then replicate the issue. I'm not sure judging from the output file that this is caused by IR.

I'm seeing a lot of FAR errors as well as a few TweakScale errors so I'm not sure which is causing the IR part to file in this case.

Unrelated. I finally have a control-z/control-y solution working. Once I get that I'll work on the limit bug a few have told me about and I'll post a new update.

@AccidentalDisassembly:

Based on the log, it looks like you're adding some custom TweakScale code to the IR Rework parts. I've seen similar issues since ZodiusInfuser updated the TweakScale support. Conflicting TweakScale modules has caused issues with both TweakScale and FAR. First thing to try would be to remove your own modifications to IR.

Edited by Master Tao
removed misleading phrase

Can you replicate this? If so please do me a favor. Right before you replicate the bug, open up the output_log.txt, select all the text and delete it then save. Then replicate the issue. I'm not sure judging from the output file that this is caused by IR.

I'm seeing a lot of FAR errors as well as a few TweakScale errors so I'm not sure which is causing the IR part to file in this case.

Unrelated. I finally have a control-z/control-y solution working. Once I get that I'll work on the limit bug a few have told me about and I'll post a new update.

Man, you are awesome :)

Some of the best bugfixes and Features in such a short time in your plugin, respect.

I did use custom TweakScale stuff, yes, but primarily so that the tweakscale modules wouldn't be written into each part directly and individually (really annoying to work with) and would instead be defined by scaletypes in one MM config (much easier). This same code worked fine in the previous version of IR, or at least if it didn't, it didn't result in crashes. Exponent handling seemed ok, or again, at least not evidently horrible.

Here is an output log. I'm using lots of mods, so I can totally see how this is unrelated to IR, but perhaps some other mod is throwing a hissy fit with .19a.

The only thing I did prior to this in the log was to load KSP, enter SPH, load craft. Then placed IR part, or rather failed to, put it back down, etc. You can't (or at least I can't, for whatever reason) delete the contents of output_log and save over it while the game is running, so I couldn't do that part. I would say perhaps this one is at least shorter than the last, since I did nothing except the loading & placing of part, but it's 45MB or something. Sorry.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/output_log_IR_massive.txt

EDIT: is it possible this could be somehow caused by multiple IR parts with same name? Maybe I screwed up a part name somewhere? Also, I will try removing tweaskcale modifications & whatnot, but wanted to put that log there just in case there actually is a problem (not caused by me) before I start removing bits and pieces of my cobbled-together stuff.

EDIT 2: Removing my modifications does seem to fix the crashiness, but I'm not sure why it would have worked in the prior version and not in this latest one...

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

im getting a null reference exception on docking node when using it in conjunction with a robotic arm. im trying to use it as an mks module moving unit on minimus.. it works great until I connect the docking port to the other craft to lift it... once I do that I lose all control over the hinges ect.. they start acting very odd.

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__14F (.KFSMState st) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

how do I change the order that the ir groups appear in the servo control window when I launch a craft? I tried moving the servos around so the groups are in the order, and I tried renaming all groups to have 01, 02, 03, etc in front, and nothing seems to work! how do I get them in the order that I want?

BlissfulChiefBluemorphobutterfly.gif

this thing is going to need a dozen more ir groups once I'm done making the arms, plz halp