[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

do i really need toolbar? it makes the kethane mod not work and i know you say we can delete it if we dont want it. but when i do it makes my game crash...

Now surely you read the OP right? I even tell you what you can do if you don't like toolbar:

Changelog for 0.19

Stock Toolbar support. delete the toolbar folder if you don't like using it.

Wow that's allot of pages! Anyways love the mod, but I am having a strange error, and wonder if anyone else is seeing it. I am launching with a decent sized rocket, with solid boosters that have been increased to 125% with tweak scale. All went well on several launches. Well I unlocked some of the IR parts in career mode and decided to add a set of adjustable rails to my command module, to make the landing gear extend out a little. Anyways, I launch and everything appears normal until I stage to drop the solid rocket boosters. At that point they every part attached to the booster simply separates.

The rest of the rocket works normally, and the rest of the stages work correctly. When I remove the adjustable rails, the solid rocket boosters drop normally. The same problem with the boosters seem to happen if I have any IR parts anywhere on my rocket. Strange.

Still love the mod, even though I am losing a ton of cash due to my solid rockets suddenly becoming debree, and cratoring into the ground :P

Wow that's allot of pages! Anyways love the mod, but I am having a strange error, and wonder if anyone else is seeing it. I am launching with a decent sized rocket, with solid boosters that have been increased to 125% with tweak scale. All went well on several launches. Well I unlocked some of the IR parts in career mode and decided to add a set of adjustable rails to my command module, to make the landing gear extend out a little. Anyways, I launch and everything appears normal until I stage to drop the solid rocket boosters. At that point they every part attached to the booster simply separates.

The rest of the rocket works normally, and the rest of the stages work correctly. When I remove the adjustable rails, the solid rocket boosters drop normally. The same problem with the boosters seem to happen if I have any IR parts anywhere on my rocket. Strange.

Still love the mod, even though I am losing a ton of cash due to my solid rockets suddenly becoming debree, and cratoring into the ground :P

I'm going to need to see a output_log file AND a list of all the mods you are using otherwise it's just a funny story to share. :)

I'm waiting on KSPAPIExtensions to be updated then I'll be updating IR to 0.25

I'm going to need to see a output_log file AND a list of all the mods you are using otherwise it's just a funny story to share. :)

Thats a fast response! Thanks sirkut.

Modlist:

Toolbar

B9 Aerospace

DM Magics Orbital Science

Editor Extensions

Firespitter

Intersteller

Infernal Robotics

KSP Science Library

KW Rocketry

Mechjeb : Yeah Yeah I'm a cheater so what!! :)

Science Alert

ScanSat

Station Science

Stage Recovery

Tweak Scale

And here is a link to the output_log.txt:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32424470/output_log.txt

And yes it is funny when it happens, :) Just wish I knew why, lol.

Hopefully Biotronic also has time to work on TweakScale for 0.25

For all the updates provide, it must make a lot of work for plugin developers in some cases, so thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Hopefully Biotronic also has time to work on TweakScale for 0.25

For all the updates provide, it must make a lot of work for plugin developers in some cases, so thanks for all your efforts on our behalf.

Good news. KSPAPIExtensions has been updated. Bad news, you will have to replace the KSPAPIExtensions dll that is located in the TweakScale as well. Working on uploading 0.19.2 in a few minutes.

See the post above yours.

Ok, new version is up.

Pro TIP: You will NEED to replace the KSPAPIExtensions.dll that is included in the TweakScale plugins directory with the one that is provided in the Infernal Robotics install.

Edit: I just realized that TweakScale won't work due to the compatibility checker code. It worked for me because I compiled my own version with the 0.25 check. Guess IR may still not scale currently. Fudge.

Edited by sirkut

Edit: I just realized that TweakScale won't work due to the compatibility checker code. It worked for me because I compiled my own version with the 0.25 check. Guess IR may still not scale currently. Fudge.

Given TweakScale's CC BY-NC-SA 4.0/DWTFYWtP license, and Biotronic's current situation, would it be possible to release your recompiled TweakScale build as an interim (with attribution of course) until such a time as Biotronic can make an official release incorporating their desired changes?

I am having an issue with the move to center function. I am using IR for Ornithopters (see in my signature), so, the movements are quite quick. Now I want to reset the parts to their neutral position and they keep flapping around and never quite get to 0. Releasing the button (or the Actiongroup), I never know, where the parts will end up in the end.

Reaching the exact min and max positions is currently not as important to me, but at least resetting to neutral should be reliable.

I think reducing the stepwidth when less than one step away from the target for a few iterations should do the trick. Maybe halfs or thirds for 4 iterations and then keep the stepwidth while close to the target position. That would give us a minimal stepwidth of a 16th or 81th. That would look smooth in nearly every situation.

If there is some way I can help or test, let me know.

Edited by dr.phees

has anyone checked the model rework with this version in 0.25 yet?

Reworks should still work as I did nothing that would affect them.

Also, TweakScale works if you replace the KSPAPIExtensions.dll as I described before. Just ignore the warning message when it pops up. It works for me.

Edited by sirkut

TweakScale itself may not work but I assure you that it works for just IR:

Exhibit A(without updating ModuleManager that is provided with TweakScale)

Exhibit B(if you update to the latest ModuleManager, TweakScale AND IR work)

Edited by sirkut

This is relevant for IR too:

That did not work for me, but I think I figured it out. I searched my KSP folder and it turns out that KSPAPIExtensions.dll was present three times in different mod folders. MD5 hashes showed two different versions, as I already replaced the one in the TweakScale folder. So I did the same thing for both other mods - so replacing all instances of KSPAPIExtensions.dll for the new version - and now it is working fine - aside from the nag screen. This would explain the variable results pretty well, as different people use different combinations of mods.

Hope it helps!

Has anyone made, or is there a way, of making configs to have individual parts instead of having to use TweakScale? I'd jump at any chance to get rid of that thing entirely.

What do you mean? Having small, medium and large parts for all parts? Why would you want that?

Has anyone made, or is there a way, of making configs to have individual parts instead of having to use TweakScale? I'd jump at any chance to get rid of that thing entirely.

You can but you will end up clogging up your parts list with small, medium, large parts of everything. This is why I adopted TweakScale to begine with. You do know you can delete ALL the configs in TweakScale and just leave the rest alone and it will ONLY work for Infernal Robotics? This is what I do so I don't have scaling pop up for all my parts.