[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Has anyone made, or is there a way, of making configs to have individual parts instead of having to use TweakScale? I'd jump at any chance to get rid of that thing entirely.

_OR_ better yet, download an older version of Infernal Robotics where all the parts have individual part sizes..

_OR_ better yet, download an older version of Infernal Robotics where all the parts have individual part sizes..

Don't do it! Sirkut is only trying to make you scroll through pages of parts. It's part of some evil plan.

When i install this mod with part rework this happens http://imgur.com/qbxqv0g

This also makes game super laggy and tends to crash it.

64 bit version? If so it's not my fault. Blame x64 bit. It's buggy and even some modders have disabled their mods from working in KSP 64bit.

I dont think that has to do with Infernal Robotics but as usual I can't help unless I see a output_log file. Showing me a picture does me no good.

You can but you will end up clogging up your parts list with small, medium, large parts of everything. This is why I adopted TweakScale to begine with. You do know you can delete ALL the configs in TweakScale and just leave the rest alone and it will ONLY work for Infernal Robotics? This is what I do so I don't have scaling pop up for all my parts.

Excellent! A lot of work but well worth it. I've never liked TweakScale and the sole reason I've gone back to the original (non lite) track of KSPI as well because of the lite's integration with it. Having multiple parts is vastly preferred.

Regarding the older version, would that not also require a lot of editing to bring the parts themselves up to speed with the current dll?

Thank again! :)

Excellent! A lot of work but well worth it. I've never liked TweakScale and the sole reason I've gone back to the original (non lite) track of KSPI as well because of the lite's integration with it. Having multiple parts is vastly preferred.

Regarding the older version, would that not also require a lot of editing to bring the parts themselves up to speed with the current dll?

Thank again! :)

Maybe but this is your fish to fry. Just compare the two and make changes as you see. :)

When you have time that would be great, I'm just not doing it right I suppose.

Done. :)

KSP: 0.25 Mac OS X 10.9.5

Mods: IR 19.2, TS 1.44

Problem: Moving IR parts to their limits results in slight creep either toward the original position (rotational parts) or away from the original position (translational parts). For rotational parts, this issue does not affect 0 increment limits.

Reproduction steps:

1. Build a craft with IR parts
  2. In the editor, move the parts to their limits (only non-zero limits for rotational parts)
  3. Move the parts back-and-forth to the limit repeatedly.
    • Rotational parts creep toward the original position
    • Translational parts creep away from that position

Video: download mp4 here

Log: Player.log

Also reproducible with KSP 0.24 with IR 19.1 and TS 1.43. TS isn't necessary for the bug.

Pic was taken from 32 bit version and output log is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xcwua3dhke9qml/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks for the log file. Here's your problem (I highly suggest learning to read the output_logs, sometimes just looking at them will answer your own question.) Solution? Trim your mods down so they don't run out of memory or use Active Texture Management mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-24-Release-3-4-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

DynamicHeapAllocator out of memory - Could not get memory for large allocationCould not allocate memory: System out of memory!

Trying to allocate: 1525300B with 4 alignment. MemoryLabel: TempOverflow

Allocation happend at: Line:61 in

Memory overview

Thanks for the log file. Here's your problem (I highly suggest learning to read the output_logs, sometimes just looking at them will answer your own question.) Solution? Trim your mods down so they don't run out of memory or use Active Texture Management mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-24-Release-3-4-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

yea there's probably a lot of sadness until ATM gets patched up.

Thanks for the log file. Here's your problem (I highly suggest learning to read the output_logs, sometimes just looking at them will answer your own question.) Solution? Trim your mods down so they don't run out of memory or use Active Texture Management mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...eduction-packs!

I normally run both LOD and ATM, but either haven't been yet updated.:( I guess its's time to try openGL mode.

Anyway Thanks for help!

I'm having very good results with the OpenGL system and haven't had any crashes so far when testing .25 with mods even without ATM yet. It also removed the crashes I was experiencing in .24.2 with ATM. Highly recommend giving it a try :)

Hi!

Is it possible you have uploaded the wrong files for 0.19.2?

I don't find the parts that I see in your recent video and the hinges behave weirdly.

The plugin crashes after a while.

Running KSP.25-win32 on test version with few mods (Tweakscale & Toolbar).

http://imgur.com/tMxzQtk

???

Edited by rainerd66

Whenever I use IR parts in symmetry mode, they loose random amounts of tweaked settings when being moved / re-attached. Sometimes the main part I am moving keeps its tweaks, but sometimes not. Sometimes the symmetric child parts have some of the tweaks, sometimes nothing at all. So far I could not reproduce one of these outcomes for sure, apparently there is no system to it.

Is this a problem with KSP in general?

Whenever I use IR parts in symmetry mode, they loose random amounts of tweaked settings when being moved / re-attached. Sometimes the main part I am moving keeps its tweaks, but sometimes not. Sometimes the symmetric child parts have some of the tweaks, sometimes nothing at all. So far I could not reproduce one of these outcomes for sure, apparently there is no system to it.

Is this a problem with KSP in general?

It's something I know about but no way to fix it that I know of. What I suggest using is part wizard. It will let you separate symmetrical parts sp you can the edit each one individually or as subgroups.

I've seen it mentioned, but haven't seen if it has been fixed yet or not. I have two rotatrons setup side by side on two sides of my landing craft. I've got ibeams going straight up and down that are attached to these 4 rotatrons. I've setup the group so that when I activate the motors, they move so that the ibeams are at about a 145 degree angle when they hit the limit, and then back to 0 degress. The problem is that when I move these back and forth enough times, I start to see that the angle of the ibeams is creeping slowly towards each other at the "rest" state. Using version .19.2 with ksp .25 on 32-bit.

Just wanted to thank sirkut and zoidinfuser for making such a great mod. The quality of your work enabled me to build robot arms for my space station. Here's a sample mission from my ongoing game, KSOS-6, that puts the arms to good use. The resolution is odd, so here is a link to the album.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Just wanted to thank sirkut and zoidinfuser for making such a great mod. The quality of your work enabled me to build robot arms for my space station. Here's a sample mission from my ongoing game, KSOS-6, that puts the arms to good use. The resolution is odd, so here is a link to the album.

http://imgur.com/a/B7zAD

Thank you so much for sharing!

I've seen it mentioned, but haven't seen if it has been fixed yet or not. I have two rotatrons setup side by side on two sides of my landing craft. I've got ibeams going straight up and down that are attached to these 4 rotatrons. I've setup the group so that when I activate the motors, they move so that the ibeams are at about a 145 degree angle when they hit the limit, and then back to 0 degress. The problem is that when I move these back and forth enough times, I start to see that the angle of the ibeams is creeping slowly towards each other at the "rest" state. Using version .19.2 with ksp .25 on 32-bit.

It's a known bug. Only suggestion I can offer is _save_ your craft first in the editor, test it, then open the save again and set your limits. It's only in the editor that it's a problem.

Dear Sirkut

Is it possible to steer your robotic parts using mouse? I mean i assign for example hinge and rotatron to be steered by mouse and try to point at a vector. Add a dummy part on the hinge that will act as a pointing vector -it could be easily seen just like col, com, cot by enabling it in option.

I think im having toolbar issues or something. I dont see your icon on either stock or blizzys.

Could it be a linux x64 issue?

edit: unsure how but I fixed it.

Edited by UAL002

Thank you so much for sharing!

It's a known bug. Only suggestion I can offer is _save_ your craft first in the editor, test it, then open the save again and set your limits. It's only in the editor that it's a problem.

OK thanks for the tip. That worked. One last bug I seem to be seeing is that if I create a sub-assembly and save it with IR parts and settings that I want, when I use that sub assembly again it seems all my settings are backwards and so my parts move inverse as to how I set it up. Basically makes creating sub assemblies with IR parts rather pointless, as I have to go back through and redo all the settings again. It almost seems like the IR parts themselves are being inversed. I checked and the settings for each part transfer over, but I think the position of the rotatrons somehow are being swapped and inversed(using symmetry).

OK thanks for the tip. That worked. One last bug I seem to be seeing is that if I create a sub-assembly and save it with IR parts and settings that I want, when I use that sub assembly again it seems all my settings are backwards and so my parts move inverse as to how I set it up. Basically makes creating sub assemblies with IR parts rather pointless, as I have to go back through and redo all the settings again. It almost seems like the IR parts themselves are being inversed. I checked and the settings for each part transfer over, but I think the position of the rotatrons somehow are being swapped and inversed(using symmetry).

I'll take a look but I need steps to reproduce them.

could you add KSP-AVC support so we are informed of any new updates?

I suppose I can do that. I've been meaning to look into it.

Edited by sirkut