[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Hello everybody, this is my first post here:D

I have a problem with the animations of this mod. Basically nothing happens.

When I launch the ship the "servo control" window appears but wherever I click I get no reactions back from the ship (and I am plenty of electricity)

Have you got any suggestions?

Hello everybody, this is my first post here:D

I have a problem with the animations of this mod. Basically nothing happens.

When I launch the ship the "servo control" window appears but wherever I click I get no reactions back from the ship (and I am plenty of electricity)

Have you got any suggestions?

Can you post a pic showing your ship? This might help us figure out what is going on.

Can you post a pic showing your ship? This might help us figure out what is going on.

Actually I have only placed a Hydraulic Cylinder beaneath a Sputnik mk2 just to check if it worked. I am trying to build a telescopic light pole for a base; I would like to land it somewhere and then extend it to its full length.

Actually I have only placed a Hydraulic Cylinder beneath a Sputnick MK2 just to check if it worked. I would like to build a light pole for a base to extend after the landing.

Actually I have only placed a Hydraulic Cylinder beaneath a Sputnik mk2 just to check if it worked. I am trying to build a telescopic light pole for a base; I would like to land it somewhere and then extend it to its full length.

Sounds like you might need to re-install the MSI IR mod. I would delete the Gamedata\Magic Smoke Industries folder and re-install from scratch. I know the hydraulic cylinders are working as I was building a vessel using them last night.

Hi everybody,

I have a small problem with the UI of the mod, when in fly mod all I have in the servo control window is 2 arrows. I've seen on screenshot and on youtube video interfaces with a value field to set the servo speed/power. I've updated from 0.8a to 0.8b, reinstalled, etc...

To sump up :

I have this :

8022172013101200021.jpg

I want that :

1fxm3b.jpg

Please help :blush:

Sounds like you might need to re-install the MSI IR mod. I would delete the Gamedata\Magic Smoke Industries folder and re-install from scratch. I know the hydraulic cylinders are working as I was building a vessel using them last night.

I'm afraid this is the solution. I have also noticed that the hinges are working... pheraps there are some corrupted files.

By the way, should I place all the subfolders of Infernal Robotics in GameData or should I split them in Parts and plugins?

I'm afraid this is the solution. I have also noticed that the hinges are working... pheraps there are some corrupted files.

By the way, should I place all the subfolders of Infernal Robotics in GameData or should I split them in Parts and plugins?

This is how I have it structured in my folder:

NDp9PlG.png

What other dlls are inside GameData? Do you have any other plugins in the 'legacy' folder?

Nothing in 'legacy' folder, but a lot of other mod with their dll file in the plugins folder. I'm gonna try remove them all except infernal robotic and let you know.

Nothing in 'legacy' folder, but a lot of other mod with their dll file in the plugins folder. I'm gonna try remove them all except infernal robotic and let you know.

Problem found, it was due to the Zeus mod, removed this one and everything work perfectly now.

anyone know how to keep the parts from coming apart when u reselect teh ship from another? i had built a scanner ship but when i came back to do more scanning the parts where in the orginal position and yet had spaces between them. ive had this problem before. should i strut the parts together or maybe use bigger robitcs part?

its been happening to me from v.6 before it happened anytime that i time warped. now only happens when i go back to the ship later.

yes using the newest version. gonna try sturting the parts of the arms together to see how it fixes it. think it might be weight of parts and bad connection strength

Hi! I've spent the last couple of days trying to complete the infernal robotics bipedal challenge, and have a couple of suggestions to improve the mod if i may... if this is still being updated...

#1> I'd like to be able to change the rate and direction of turn of each part in the hangar or VAB, instead of after deployment. doing it this way will stop you having to have 16 different groups for 1 joint.

#2> I'd also like a way to visualise how each part moves before leaving the hangar, in regards to their groupings. eg, making a shoulder joint and both rotators went opposite directions right off the bat, if I'd known that I'd have not had to spend the next 3 hours trying to get parts to attach properly backwards.

I think most of the problems I had were that the parts often rotated the complete opposite of what I wanted when I placed them in a group, a simple walker using two SR rotators and two regular rotators would often end up just flailing about on the floor instead of nicely walking along.

anyways, love the mod, getting heaps of use out of it, just thought I'd try to help improve it for everyone :)

Is there a way to have parts attached to robotic parts not being offset after quickloading?

Which I mean is, for example, if we have a barrel attached to a hinge and apply some force to strech them a little then there will be some clearance between them, but when we apply no forces the clearance vanishes(which is normal). If I quicksave when there's a clearance between the barrel and the hinge due to a force and quickload then I'll have the same clearance even when there's no force applied to this system and the clearance increses further when I apply some force. So, the distance between the barrel and the hinge increases after every quicksave/quickload cycle and in result it can be very high even if the force isn't very big.

I'm sorry if this problem has been discussed before, but there are too many pages in this thread.

Is there a way to have parts attached to robotic parts not being offset after quickloading?

Which I mean is, for example, if we have a barrel attached to a hinge and apply some force to strech them a little then there will be some clearance between them, but when we apply no forces the clearance vanishes(which is normal). If I quicksave when there's a clearance between the barrel and the hinge due to a force and quickload then I'll have the same clearance even when there's no force applied to this system and the clearance increses further when I apply some force. So, the distance between the barrel and the hinge increases after every quicksave/quickload cycle and in result it can be very high even if the force isn't very big.

I'm sorry if this problem has been discussed before, but there are too many pages in this thread.

This has been discussed before and I believe the consensus was that it's a problem with Unity and there wasn't much, if anything, that could be done about it.

Oh damn. I was going to explore Laythe with some cool vehicles already done and now it turns out that i will be able to use them only a couple of times. That's bad... but wait. Does this problem appear only when I attach something to the surface of the robotic part? What if I attach it to a node?

This has been discussed before and I believe the consensus was that it's a problem with Unity and there wasn't much, if anything, that could be done about it.

Where did you come t this conclusion? I've looked through the thread and it seems to me that this problem was fixed in 0.7.

Edited by Sparker

Oh damn. I was going to explore Laythe with some cool vehicles already done and now it turns out that i will be able to use them only a couple of times. That's bad... but wait. Does this problem appear only when I attach something to the surface of the robotic part? What if I attach it to a node?

Where did you come t this conclusion? I've looked through the thread and it seems to me that this problem was fixed in 0.7.

It's related to flexible joint/attachment, if you bend or pull them apart and save in that state the save mechanism can only record positions of parts relative to others and not the forces acting on them that caused the joints to flex. The force is lost but the resulting relative positions remain. Don't save if you can see any part to part joints bent out of shape, adjust your robotics so they aren't and you should be good.

Sparker. The fix in .7 was due to a different issue. This Current problem is a unity problem and how it handles joints as far as I can tell. I can make piston arms go seemingly out of their "sockets" due to heavy weights and there is nothing I can find to prevent that from happening.