[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

I love this mod, but I find that the arms move too fast and the torque makes it hard to control. Can there be an option to slow the arms and joints down to make it more controllable. Maybe a fine control option?

It already has this. Change the number in the box to the right of the control buttons. Bigger numbers make the part go faster, smaller numbers make it go slower.

Sparker. The fix in .7 was due to a different issue. This Current problem is a unity problem and how it handles joints as far as I can tell. I can make piston arms go seemingly out of their "sockets" due to heavy weights and there is nothing I can find to prevent that from happening.

Maybe Squad can help find a solution?

Maybe Squad can help find a solution?

I hope so. The interesting thing is that this problem doesn't happen with stock parts radially attached and the game saved while the connection is stretched.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod!

There's a specific node for robotics (http://i.imgur.com/OkwRzka.png), but the question is whether all parts should be placed under there? Perhaps some of the basic things, like Docking Washers can be introduced earlier to coincide with the unlocking of docking ports.

Edit: I think the majority of the parts should reside in the Robotics section of the tree, but there's no harm in introducing the basic ones (Docking Washer and Adjustable Rail) at earlier points where they could be useful.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

This Mod together with KAS is absolutely excellent!

This is what I build yesterday...and its my first Rocket where I use your mod + KAS..(in other words..I just played around and testing..nothing special and far away from being perfect):

Thanks a lot and pls continue developement!

Edited by Duke-49th

This Mod together with KAS is absolutely excellent!

This is what I build yesterday...and its my first Rocket where I use your mod + KAS..(in other words..I just played around and testing..nothing special and far away from being perfect):

Thanks a lot and pls continue developement!

Wow, that's some crazy engineering there! :D Awesome that it worked, thought you were going to tip there. :)

Wow, that's some crazy engineering there! :D Awesome that it worked, thought you were going to tip there. :)

:D Thanks. And indeed..it does(tip)...on Kerbin! Thats why I installed some kind of balancing-weights..which I can move. (the two small tanks) But the fuel tanks were almost empty and its less gravity on Mun. So I could do it without the weights.

But its time intensive to test such things on other planets^^ (without cheating..I dont like to cheat!)

Im curious what my next rocket will look like...I have no idea:D I want some bases on Mun and Duna (nice color :D)

Maybe I add any kind of Ressources Mod...like oxygene and maybe also I add RemoteTech...(as soon as its updated :( )

I just hope Squad is patching slower hahaha..everytime there is a patch....I need to rebuild things..and changes my plans as new features were added^^

KSP is awesome...and I love to modificate my games :cool:

Something I've wanted for a while now is the ability to make my own tracking solar panels using the OXSTAT's, some stuctural panels and IR.

Could do this in a number of ways:

-Create a new washer/rotatron with the tracking built into it

-Use an existing washer/rotatron then create a seperate part to attach to the panel to implement the tracking (As has been done with COM here)

There's a specific node for robotics (http://i.imgur.com/OkwRzka.png), but the question is whether all parts should be placed under there?

Actually, I think no parts should go into a specific node like that.

Reasoning is like this: The bizarre technology progression of the stock research tree exists "to introduce new players to the game". People who install mods are not "new players", they know what they're installing, or at least, why. Therefore, it makes no sense to place mod parts of a gameplay-changing mod like that far at the end, it's not a far future barely feasible technology like Kethane or Extraplanetary Launchpads -- in the historical space exploration, things moving on servo motors have been used since the very beginning and there's no reason to think they should only be available as some kind of late tree advance. It makes much more sense for smaller parts to correspond to probe cores (which permit automation and would presumably involve the use of actuators) and bigger parts to correspond to heavier construction advances (which would permit to improve on smaller actuators and make them bigger).

Actually, I think no parts should go into a specific node like that.

Reasoning is like this: The bizarre technology progression of the stock research tree exists "to introduce new players to the game". People who install mods are not "new players", they know what they're installing, or at least, why. Therefore, it makes no sense to place mod parts of a gameplay-changing mod like that far at the end, it's not a far future barely feasible technology like Kethane or Extraplanetary Launchpads -- in the historical space exploration, things moving on servo motors have been used since the very beginning and there's no reason to think they should only be available as some kind of late tree advance. It makes much more sense for smaller parts to correspond to probe cores (which permit automation and would presumably involve the use of actuators) and bigger parts to correspond to heavier construction advances (which would permit to improve on smaller actuators and make them bigger).

I agree with everything except "People who install mods are not 'new players', they know what they're installing, or at least, why."

Everyone who installs mods has "started installing mods" at some point, and that point can and sometimes will be very early into the learning-curve process. In fact, I'm the perfect example of that, since I installed my first mods before I did my first inter-planetary mission.

The argument that these parts shouldn't be put late in the tree because the technology is not really that advanced is far more appealing to both realism and enjoyment of the mod, and as of my personal opinion, how experienced the player is should be left out of the equation; Mods are meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just experienced players.

I agree with everything except "People who install mods are not 'new players', they know what they're installing, or at least, why."

Everyone who installs mods has "started installing mods" at some point, and that point can and sometimes will be very early into the learning-curve process. In fact, I'm the perfect example of that, since I installed my first mods before I did my first inter-planetary mission.

The argument that these parts shouldn't be put late in the tree because the technology is not really that advanced is far more appealing to both realism and enjoyment of the mod, and as of my personal opinion, how experienced the player is should be left out of the equation; Mods are meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just experienced players.

I agree, I believe the different sizes of the parts available should correspond with the rocket part diameter unlocks, 1.25, 2.5 etc. To be clear I don't think they should all be available at start, but not all at the end. A light sprinkle of parts should start as you get into "advanced construction" nodes or thereabouts.