[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

1 hour ago, funkcanna said:

This happens at any location.  

• I open Hyperedit, click Ship Lander.  
  • Choose Active Vessel.  
  • Choose a Target Vessel and change altitude (or leave the altitude as whatever it is).  
  • Click Land

The active vessel is then moved either 1) to the correct position or 2) very far from the correct position.  Either way, when pressing JKLI to fine tune the location, the vessel jumps far away as soon as I press a key.  From there, JKLI only move in one direction (which is usually AWAY from the target vessel).

Ill try to make a video.

Thanks.  I was able to reproduce this, and yes something is way off.  I will add this to our bug list.

New issue is here:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/13

Edited by Ezriilc

On 10/24/2016 at 5:21 PM, Ezriilc said:

I was able to confirm this.  It goes away when one zooms out far enough from the body.  It also goes away permanently when one switches to another scene and back.

This appears to be related to the graphics in the Outer Planets mod and/or Kopernicus, as we've not had any reports of this in a stock install.  I recommend you ask one or both of them if they have any insight.

Additionally, the fact that it goes away after reloading the scene, makes me wonder if there may be some way to address it in HyperEdit, but I have no idea how.  Let's hear what the other mod's folks have to say.

Hale graphics glitch:
Hale-Graphics-Glitch.png

I'm running into the exact same problem. I'm not sure what more I can add to what's already been reported, other than it seems to happen when I use HE to go from orbiting one planet or moon to another. The worst seems to be happening with Minmus and Ovok. 

I'll try switching back and forth and see if it helps.

If there is anyway i can help, or any info I can provide, I'll be glad to help

Hi there!

I've used hyperedit for a while now, and prefer it over the new stock orbit editor, due to its better features and easier to use layout. However, I have recently been experiencing a problem with the orbit editor and time warp. After placing a craft into orbit with the orbit tool, I proceed to enter 5x time warp (I forget the correct term, but as soon as I enter time warp where you cannot control the ship) and I find my ship shifts along its orbit. This places it at a different position above the planet then when I entered the time warp. If I leave time warp the craft continues to orbit from its new position. Entering 5x timewarp or more once again shifts me along the orbit. In this manner, I can move about an entire orbit by simply entering and exiting time warp. I've replicated the results on an unmodded game, so its not to do with any mods im using as far as I can tell - the only mods I have installed are graphical, with the exception of trajectories mod and kerbal engineer. This is quite annoying as it messes up planned re-entries and can sometimes end missions by placing me over mountains moments before I touchdown at high speeds. I'll continue to investigate, but I do not believe anybody else is currently experiencing this, although I haven't asked around. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could take a look into this- it's making the orbit tool virtually unusable. I'm playing on the latest KSP install with the latest Hyperedit version.

Thank you very much for your time,

Ryan

P.S Apologies if this is not the right place to post problems, I wasn't sure where else to put this.

@ryan234abc,

I'm not completely understanding what is happening to you.  Please be more specific if you can.  It sounds like you're referring to expected behavior, that a ship will move during time-warp.

As a possible solution, change scenes to the Tracking Center --or any other-- and back.  That should correct any issues related to using Orbit Editor.

Keep in mind that it's not just the mod parts that may be on a ship that can affect things, but all mods that are installed.  Please try again without any others in place.

6 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

@ryan234abc,

I'm not completely understanding what is happening to you.  Please be more specific if you can.  It sounds like you're referring to expected behavior, that a ship will move during time-warp.

As a possible solution, change scenes to the Tracking Center --or any other-- and back.  That should correct any issues related to using Orbit Editor.

Keep in mind that it's not just the mod parts that may be on a ship that can affect things, but all mods that are installed.  Please try again without any others in place.

Pretty sure @ryan234abc's problem is HyperEdit related. I have seen this behaviour too and it ONLY happens after using HyperEdit.

The problem obviously is not that a ship moves during timewarp. The problem is that on exiting timewarp the entire orbit is moved.
On a circular equatorial orbit you will hardly notice anything. But on sub-orbital or inclined you can clearly see the entire orbit shifts counter-clockwise.

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

Pretty sure @ryan234abc's problem is HyperEdit related. I have seen this behaviour too and it ONLY happens after using HyperEdit.

The problem obviously is not that a ship moves during timewarp. The problem is that on exiting timewarp the entire orbit is moved.
On a circular equatorial orbit you will hardly notice anything. But on sub-orbital or inclined you can clearly see the entire orbit shifts counter-clockwise.

Thanks for the extra info.  I will see if I can replicate this.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

I've just done a quick test and I cannot see any issue with my orbit after teleporting to 100km above Duna and then using timewarp.

I'll need some specific steps to replicate the behavior.  Any and all help is appreciated.

I'll make a clean install tomorrow and add only HyperEdit. I'll let you know if I can replicate.

16 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Sorry I can't really be of more help, I'm not the best at explaining this sort of thing. I launched a normal mission without using Hyperedit and did not observe the aforementioned 'orbit shifting', so I can confirm it only takes place after the use of Hyperedit orbit editor. I won't be able to contribute any more information at the moment due to personal commitments (its my birthday!), making me quite busy for a day or two, but thanks for looking into this for me.

Kind regards

Ryan

OK, I just did a test and I am now 100% certain this an error in HyperEdit. It is NOT related to ANY other mods because I currently have NO other mods installed.
At the same time I am baffled why @Ezriilc has not been able to reproduce it. I had it on the very first try. And on the second. And on the third.

To reproduce:
Win7 KSP 1.2.1 x64. Clean installation with ONLY HyperEdit.
Build a craft. Manned, unmanned, big or small. Doesn't matter. It's all equal. Launch and use HyperEdit to bring it into orbit. Point normal :normal: and burn to at least 45 to 60 degrees inclination.
Go to the map screen and zoom in. Pay close attention to the craft and the orbital path. Enter 5x timewarp.
You'll notice your craft making a small jump to the right. The moment you leave timewarp the craft does not jump back to the original orbit but rather the orbit will jump to the craft.
The 'jump' in a 15 km orbit around Minmus was small but in a 25km orbit around Val it was actually a HUGH jump. Around Eeloo the craft did not jump to the right but rather to the left.

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Edited by Tex_NL

3 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

OK, I just did a test and I am now 100% certain this an error in HyperEdit. It is NOT related to ANY other mods because I currently have NO other mods installed.
At the same time I am baffled why @Ezriilc has not been able to reproduce it. I had it on the very first try. And on the second. And on the third.

To reproduce:
Win7 KSP 1.2.1 x64. Clean installation with ONLY HyperEdit.
Build a craft. Manned, unmanned, big or small. Doesn't matter. It's all equal. Launch and use HyperEdit to bring it into orbit. Point normal :normal: and burn to at least 45 to 60 degrees inclination.
Go to the map screen and zoom in. Pay close attention to the craft and the orbital path. Enter 5x timewarp.
You'll notice your craft making a small jump to the right. The moment you leave timewarp the craft does not jump back to the original orbit but rather the orbit will jump to the craft.
The 'jump' in a 15 km orbit around Minmus was small but in a 25km orbit around Val it was actually a HUGH jump. Around Eeloo the craft did not jump to the right but rather to the left.

Thanks to @Tex_NL for all the details.  It helps a lot.

I still can't reproduce this.  Nobody has mentioned if changing scenes back to tracking station or space center fixes it.  Anyone?

I took Kerbal X with one kerb to Vall @ 25k.
Burned normal to about 45 degrees inclination.
Entered time warp 5x to 50x.  I even tried physics time warp.
No change.

@Tex_NL, can you send me a copy of your save file?  Use our Contact page:  http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

If anyone else can add anything more, I'd appreciate it.

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Hi, does anyone know how to change the position of a celestial body? I want to EDIT Gilly so it orbits Kerbin for my Through Hardships to the Stars story. Thanks :) 

Sure, just use Orbit Editor, select the body you want to move, and set its orbit as you like, then press apply.  If you save the planet, HyperEdit creates a text file with the changes and loads it on startup, keeping your changes for the next time you start the game.  To reset everything back to normal, just delete the text file, or reset in HyperEdit.

54 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Sure, just use Orbit Editor, select the body you want to move, and set its orbit as you like, then press apply.  If you save the planet, HyperEdit creates a text file with the changes and loads it on startup, keeping your changes for the next time you start the game.  To reset everything back to normal, just delete the text file, or reset in HyperEdit.

Thanks!

Yes, going to the tracking station and selecting the craft again fixes the warp problems. It's the workaround I've been using since the 1.2 compatible version of HE was released. 

I can reproduce the problem just by HEing a craft to Mun orbit and then warping at any speed. When you stop warping then a kind of time slip happens, with the Mun in the background instantly rotating beneath the craft.

This can be particulalrly noticeable with MJ's landing guidance or maneuver planner's 'return from a moon' feature. It will engage warp several time and each time there is a time slip. It can lead to the craft skipping along its orbit and missing the next maneuver node.

This is with 64 bit Windows KSP and HE 1.5.3.   

Edited by Foxster

7 hours ago, Foxster said:

Yes, going to the tracking station and selecting the craft again fixes the warp problems. It's the workaround I've been using since the 1.2 compatible version of HE was released. 

I can reproduce the problem just by HEing a craft to Mun orbit and then warping at any speed. When you stop warping then a kind of time slip happens, with the Mun in the background instantly rotating beneath the craft.

This can be particulalrly noticeable with MJ's landing guidance or maneuver planner's 'return from a moon' feature. It will engage warp several time and each time there is a time slip. It can lead to the craft skipping along its orbit and missing the next maneuver node.

This is with 64 bit Windows KSP and HE 1.5.3.   

You may have a version conflict.  MechJeb has not been updated for KSP 1.2 yet, but HyperEdit has.  Please try it without ANY other mods in place, with KSP 1.2.1 and HyperEdit 1.5.3, just to be sure.

8 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

You may have a version conflict.  MechJeb has not been updated for KSP 1.2 yet, but HyperEdit has.  Please try it without ANY other mods in place, with KSP 1.2.1 and HyperEdit 1.5.3, just to be sure.

Don't worry. I have done this. Wouldn't report the problem otherwise. It does this with a clean install of KSP and HE. I only mentioned MJ because of the way it sometimes goes in and out of warp makes the HE bug more obvious. 

I also often get the reported bug with surface visual problems. I can simply HE from the KSC launchpad to a 100km Eve orbit and the ground appears torn. Again, a switch to the tracking station and back fixes this. 

By the way, MJ has been updated for 1.2, several times. Sarbian just hasn't released an official version. 

3 hours ago, Foxster said:

Don't worry. I have done this. Wouldn't report the problem otherwise. It does this with a clean install of KSP and HE. I only mentioned MJ because of the way it sometimes goes in and out of warp makes the HE bug more obvious. 

I also often get the reported bug with surface visual problems. I can simply HE from the KSC launchpad to a 100km Eve orbit and the ground appears torn. Again, a switch to the tracking station and back fixes this. 

By the way, MJ has been updated for 1.2, several times. Sarbian just hasn't released an official version. 

Thanks.  I appreciate your efforts.  I'll attempt to reproduce this today.

4 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Thanks.  I appreciate your efforts.  I'll attempt to reproduce this today.

Yep.  Confirmed.

There seems to be something "wrong" with the craft's existence after being teleported.  I wouldn't be surprised if this were related to the issue we had with the "rotational reference frame".  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/4

Similarly, I don't know if there is anything I can do with HyperEdit to fix that.  Not that it's impossible, just that I don't know of any.  There may be some property that needs to get set that I'm missing.

New issue on this bug.  https://github.com/Ezriilc/HyperEdit/issues/14

Edited by Ezriilc

Hello

I am experiencing some "strangeness" with hyperedit Ship Lander function. Half of the times it teleports the ship under the surface and so causing it to explode. On the other hand, sometimes it teleports the ship way higher than intended (it seems to be related to the difference of the height above terrain vs absolute height). I wanted only to know if the problem had been already reported and addressed. Otherwise I am willing to provide logs, saves, as needed.

6 hours ago, LastStarDust said:

Hello

I am experiencing some "strangeness" with hyperedit Ship Lander function. Half of the times it teleports the ship under the surface and so causing it to explode. On the other hand, sometimes it teleports the ship way higher than intended (it seems to be related to the difference of the height above terrain vs absolute height). I wanted only to know if the problem had been already reported and addressed. Otherwise I am willing to provide logs, saves, as needed.

No, that hasn't been reported.  Please give the steps needed to reproduce this.

4 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

No, that hasn't been reported.  Please give the steps needed to reproduce this.

I play a heavily modded game (around 100 mods). Is it of any use to report this behavior given this fact? I haven't tested on a vanilla install but I am pretty sure it wouldn't occur in that case.

1 minute ago, LastStarDust said:

I play a heavily modded game (around 100 mods). Is it of any use to report this behavior given this fact? I haven't tested on a vanilla install but I am pretty sure it wouldn't occur in that case.

We would need you to test it without any other mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.