[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

Well perhaps they should but dont, when i downloaded the version for the current KSP version (i use ksp 64 bit), it worked,  i now have a H
Maybe adjust the download page and tell people to download preferably the version that was created for a specific version of KSP.
I cant tell why the 1.2 doesnt work (no H) since no errors are logged, ea no bleu screen or game crash its just not there.

2 minutes ago, PGTART said:

Well perhaps they should but dont, when i downloaded the version for the current KSP version (i use ksp 64 bit), it worked,  i now have a H
Maybe adjust the download page and tell people to download preferably the version that was created for a specific version of KSP.
I cant tell why the 1.2 doesnt work (no H) since no errors are logged, ea no bleu screen or game crash its just not there.

I'm not sure what you mean, or where there is any confusion.  The KSP version numbers in our files properly reflect the version of KSP they were built to, and they all have been confirmed to work as such.

I have HyperEdit installed on KSP 1.2 and 1.3, and it doesn't work on either, there is no H button and alt - H does nothing. It does work on KSP 0.90 but not on any newer version. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It is installed the same way on each version, so it isn't installed incorrectly.

45 minutes ago, pumpkinwaffles said:

I have HyperEdit installed on KSP 1.2 and 1.3, and it doesn't work on either, there is no H button and alt - H does nothing. It does work on KSP 0.90 but not on any newer version. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It is installed the same way on each version, so it isn't installed incorrectly.

EDIT:  Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to ask me for help with literally anything.

It won't work on KSP 1.3 because that doesn't exist. :P  I'm assuming you mean KSP 1.1.3.

But it does work with KSP 1.2 and earlier.  Just be sure to choose the HyperEdit version that is for your version of KSP.

Rest assured - if you are following the instructions to the letter, then it should work.  Thousands of KSP users are happily cheating with HyperEdit every day! :wink:

Things to try:

• Try it without any other mods installed.
  • Re-download both KSP and HyperEdit.
  • Double-check your install and make sure you have the "Kerbaltek" folder in the right place (inside "GameData").
  • Check your log file for any references to HyperEdit, and post a link here to your pasted log file contents on a site like PasteBin.
  • Don't worry - we'll get you going.
Edited by Ezriilc

10 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

How about that world peace...

Sure thing!  I think that whenever humans develop a significant improvement in power (read "electricity") generation and storage, likely some form of fusion, that most of our other problems will evaporate over time.  With enough power, we can easily generate/develop clean water, food, shelter and any manner of other valuable resources at will.

So, just perfect fusion and there ya go - easy peasy!  :D

Further reading on fusion:

37 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Welcome to the forum!  Feel free to ask me for help with literally anything.

It won't work on KSP 1.3 because that doesn't exist. :P  I'm assuming you mean KSP 1.1.3.

Thanks for the help and the welcome, my problem was that I misread 1.1.3 as 1.3 and so I got the 1.2 version which didn't work with 1.1.3

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Like weapons!

(Sorry feeling pessimistic today for some reason)

At the risk of further derailing my own thread...

True, but if a scientist says "We can make limitless sandwiches or limitless guns."  Which do you think will get done first?

I have no idea if this is a good argument or not, but that's what came to mind.  :P

2 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

True, but if a scientist says "We can make limitless sandwiches or limitless guns."  Which do you think will get done first?

Guns. Hands down.

With sandwiches, you can't get unlimited guns.

Anyway, to attempt to re-rail... I've used HyperEdit in 1.2pre and it's working splendidly. No complaints so far!

I am having a problem with hyperedit

For some reason the Land option does not work, and even though everything else functions perfectly, but no matter what I try, nothing works! I clicked the land  button, but i do not actually move (or land), and NOTHING changes at all!

I looked in the configs and nothing was really wrong, or even different at all from when it used to work for me right!

Can I have a link to a better version of hyperedit? Or a reply explaining how to fix it? 

I Have Hyperedit version 1.5.3, and KSP version 1.1.3.

Please Help me!

31 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Just downloaded the latest version for 1.2 and saw this:

MNrJfne.png

The icon wasn't there when I first went into the game but appeared when I exited my game back to this menu. Just thought I'd let you know.

Just ignore it then

2 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Just downloaded the latest version for 1.2 and saw this:

MNrJfne.png

The icon wasn't there when I first went into the game but appeared when I exited my game back to this menu. Just thought I'd let you know.

Hmmm... That is curious.  We do have code in place that should prevent the H button showing in all but Flight, Map and Tracking Center views.

I'll need to do some more testing.

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

I don't care what you intend to do with the game, this and Kerbal Engineer are the two mods you NEED NO MATTER WHAT!

I'm glad you find it useful.

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Quick question, what happened to the heat editor? That was actually very useful for destroying one or two specific parts

Heat editor?  Which version of HyperEdit was that in?  I don't remember that, but to be honest I don't actually use it much, and much of its current code was not done by me.

19 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

tsk tsk, no logs.

Can confirm. Logs

I'm seeing some odd stuff in those logs.  It seems you're using a mod that hasn't been updated to KSP 1.2 (something's looking for KSPUtil which doesn't exist any longer), and there are many references to assets that couldn't load.  I don't think that's necessarily related to HyperEdit's H showing in the menu scene, but it stood out to me so I'm mentioning it.

11 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm seeing some odd stuff in those logs.  It seems you're using a mod that hasn't been updated to KSP 1.2 (something's looking for KSPUtil which doesn't exist any longer), and there are many references to assets that couldn't load.  I don't think that's necessarily related to HyperEdit's H showing in the menu scene, but it stood out to me so I'm mentioning it.

Look in KSP.log and you'll see a list of folder/assemblies in use. I only had HyperEdit and Squad installed. That KSPUtil thing came from USI life support and for some reason persisted even after I removed everything. I re-downloaded KSP and it went away. Anyways, yea none of that related to Hyperedit

20 minutes ago, rekless1229 said:

I don't know if its just me but after you open hyperedit once the landing tab will open with it and will also open everytime you switch vessel. is it a know bug or me?

No, it's just you.

:P

But seriously, there is a setting to turn that on/off, labeled "Auto Open", and when you hover your mouse over it, the tooltip says "Open this view when entering the Flight or Tracking Center scenes."  Click the control to toggle it.

I added this feature --as well as remembering the last coords-- to make repeat use of the Lander less... repetitive.  For instance, when I'm working on water craft, I always immediately teleport my ship to the water after launch, and this makes that a one click task.

EDIT:  Welcome to the forum!

Edited by Ezriilc

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.